PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Graywand
04-24-2009, 17:46
Hi, my name is Graywand, a young college student in CA who absolutely adores Rome: Total War. I've played Europa Barbarorum before, but for various reasons had to uninstall it, as well as RTW. I want to play it again though so I'm trying to get it back to the point where I can play EB again. Though I'm having some problems.

1. I installed the vanilla game.

2. I patched it to 1.2

3. Everytime I try to patch it to 1.3 it shows me a screen where I can either modify, repair, or uninstall the program.

4. Everytime I try one of those functions and I try to patch to 1.5, it says it was never patched to 1.3. What am I doing wrong?

Graywand
04-24-2009, 17:53
I'm sorry I should complain in the correct spot.

pevergreen
04-27-2009, 12:17
Welcome to the .org ~:wave:

Hope you get your R:TW problems sorted out, it can be quite confusing to patch.

Andres
04-27-2009, 12:28
Hi, my name is Graywand, a young college student in CA who absolutely adores Rome: Total War. I've played Europa Barbarorum before, but for various reasons had to uninstall it, as well as RTW. I want to play it again though so I'm trying to get it back to the point where I can play EB again. Though I'm having some problems.

1. I installed the vanilla game.

2. I patched it to 1.2

3. Everytime I try to patch it to 1.3 it shows me a screen where I can either modify, repair, or uninstall the program.

4. Everytime I try one of those functions and I try to patch to 1.5, it says it was never patched to 1.3. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome Graywand ~:wave:

If you have Barbarian invasion, then installing BI automatically upgrades RTW to 1.3. I believe you then only have to install the 1.6 patch for BI, which will automatically patch RTW to 1.5.

If you just have RTW, then you should patch it to 1.3 (there's no need to install patch 1.1 or 1.2 first) and then to 1.5.

If you have the Gold Edition, then you don't have to patch at all.

:bow:

Caius
04-27-2009, 21:36
Hello and welcome.

What I would say is to
1-Uninstall the game
2-Install it again
3-Patch it to 1.3
4-Patch it to 1.5

That seems to be the best solution.

Rhyfelwyr
05-03-2009, 18:37
~:wave:

I've had this same problem in the past. T'was a nightmare, but the solution is simple. Installing BI will get RTW straight to v1.3, then you can update to v1.5 and play EB!