PDA

View Full Version : FTP advice

Ariovistus Maximus
05-12-2009, 18:32
Hi all!

I'm having some trouble with my link for my ancient weapons study. I have a monitoring program that shows me all the activity on the site, and most of it is "password incorrect!" so it seems like tons of people are having issues making my stupid FTP site work.

So, I'd like to know:

(a) is there another way I can post the PDF file on the forums? Without people having to access my home pc to get the file?

(b) if not, is there a free site that I can put my PDF on, and tell people to get it from there? Kinda like filefront or something?

It's a cool project, and I want some feedback. But I can't get any if people CANT ACCESS MY STUPID FTP AAAA!!!! }:(

Plus it eats up my bandwidth whenever people download.

Help is very much appreciated. *FALLS ON THE GROUND AND BEGS*

:help::help:

Ariovistus Maximus
05-12-2009, 18:35
Oh, and the WEIRD thing is that I've gotten msgs from a few people who CAN get to my site! :inquisitive:

But I have gotten msgs from a couple people who can't, and I keep seeing "password incorrect" ALL OVER THE PLACE on my server!!!! So either people can't read aleaiactaest or I am being attacked by 10000000000s of hackers!!! erg! :pirate2:

pevergreen
05-12-2009, 23:44
filefront.com

Works for me :shrug:

Ariovistus Maximus
05-13-2009, 00:05
Hmmm; guess I'll give it a look-see.

Although, I have taken a more thorough look into the problem, and it looks like it works fine for people who actually follow the instructions. :clown:

SO many people try to log in as anonymous! :book:

Well, we'll see what happens.

Thanks pevergreen! :laugh2: