PDA

View Full Version : Desyncs After 1.3

Lechev
06-29-2009, 14:41
I would like to make a check, anyone experience frequent sync problem after installing the new patch? I have and i am going to play SP until the bug is fixed. :furious3:

Jochi Khan
06-30-2009, 00:15
First time I have seen this in ETW......

Tonight in a 4v4...

One player dropped at deployment ..message..player xxxxx has left the game...

Remainder decided to carry on with the game.

As deployment ended...

Player xxxx A desynce has occured etc (cant remember exact wording to say the game had terminated)

So, has the latest 1.3 patch brought desynces back into the game???

Lechev
06-30-2009, 13:08
My friends are thinking it as a bad connection issue. Anyway, greatly appreciate your input. Guess i really had to play SP unit the fix is done.....:wall:

KrooK
07-01-2009, 10:19
its because of elite units of the west
using them cause dropping and desynch

Jochi Khan
07-01-2009, 13:19
So, we have paid £1.99 for the extra units just to cause the games to desync or CTD.

I have bought the units but have not used them as yet.

If this is the case it is now getting beyond a joke. :thumbsdown:

KrooK
07-03-2009, 14:08
sue CA :)

KrooK
07-03-2009, 14:09
sue CA :)
or buy me this add on (I will not spend about 11 zlotys on this pack)

Tomisama
07-03-2009, 21:37
2nd July:

Dear all,

Todays update concerns the 'fast forward' problem that several people have reported. Hopefully this information will give you some background as to whats occuring and why.

With the introduction of multi-threading in battles the game logic and the display of the game now updated simultaneously. This has had an effect on the time speed up. Previously on 4x speed the game logic would do 4 logic updates before the display would render a single frame, meaning movement of the camera and animation became jerky.

With multi-threading this logic speed up occurs whilst the display is still rendering, the advantage of this is that the camera moves smoothly, so you can survey the battlefield whilst the game is running faster, the downside is that the logic must sync with the display every update, meaning that your display frame rate effects the amount of speed-up and that running with 4x speed-up with multi-threading on may result in a battle lasting longer than with multi-threading turned off, even though your frame rate may be (significantly) higher.

You're still in fast forward, but it's tied to a different maximum meaning in some cases this may appear or actually be slightly slower.

Hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Kind regards,
Kieran

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/53425?page=3

Maybe the reason for the desyncs. Not player desyncs, but game graphics desyncs causing game to stop and player to drop if online. Maybe :inquisitive: