PDA

View Full Version : Clan Mori = No No-Dachi?

Scipio Valorus
06-08-2001, 12:40
I am in the middle of a long Mori Campaign, with all of the East under my dominion, and with Yamashiro in my domain as well, the Emperor has blessed my rule. In facing the Hojo Horde of the West, I find No-Dachis conspicuously missing from my army. I have not been able to get the legendary swordsman event, which is strange because I still have vetrans from year one around and the Dutch have just landed. It's not that big of a deal, because of the WM bonus, but I would like ND just for variety, or perhaps that attack bonus I hear they have with the patch.

------------------
The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road to either safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.

KumaRatta Yamamoto
06-08-2001, 13:09
Having veterans is not enough to provoke the legendary swordsman event. One of your individual warriors has to accumulate a lot of kills, preferably against ennemies with a higher honor than them ( I do not know how many exactly- i hope that someone will add to this).

That is why in the start of an SP game, i tend to use ASHIS in battles because they gain honor quicly (when they survive) thus provoking the event faster.

KumaRatta Yamamoto (Emissary of the Ratta clan) www.rattaclan.homestead.com (http://www.rattaclan.homestead.com)

Toda Nkosi
06-08-2001, 19:31
I had the same problem in a Shimazu campaign, where the event never actually occurred. In a recent Uesugi campaign I had the event within 3 years, which kinda took me by surprise too.

Catiline
06-08-2001, 20:03
auto resolve a castle assault, that will ussually get you a legendary swordsmen event. Also I *think* one of you men has to kill twelve men in one battle, tough I can't remember where that pearl of wisdom comes from. Best units to do this with is your Daimyo and his hatamato.

------------------
Unless the Persians fly away like birds, hide in the earth like mice, or leap into a lake like frogs, they will never see their homes again, but will die under our arrows

BlackWatch McKenna
06-09-2001, 05:23
I Agree with the Ashi and / or Taisho theory.

I bet you half a bag of rice that if you have a battle where your daimyo unit has one guy left or an Ashi unit has like 3 of 60 guys left, that you will get the "legendary swordsman" notice.

I wonder if you actually have to WIN the battle in order to get the Legendary Swordsman notice...

Hosakawa Tito
06-09-2001, 06:10
Quote Originally posted by Catiline:
auto resolve a castle assault, that will ussually get you a legendary swordsmen event. Also I *think* one of you men has to kill twelve men in one battle, tough I can't remember where that pearl of wisdom comes from. Best units to do this with is your Daimyo and his hatamato.

[/QUOTE]
Cat I think it is 5 kills in one battle not 12.But I definitely agree that using your Daimyo in the early battles is the way to trigger it.Especially if you can catch an archer unit with him,those 11 heavy cavs will slaughter a 60 man archer unit easily.
Try a search in the archive for the Legendary Swordsman and you may find more info.