PDA

View Full Version : Yuezhi script q

Mister V
10-02-2009, 17:11
I want to play another roman campaign (usually what I do when there's nothing else), up to the imperial reforms this time (changed the trigger years so that I get them earlier, so I can at least play around with imperial units...).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Yuezhi script section says that

the Yuezhi
; will be very passive unless the player controls the Saka (pontus), the
; Sauromatae (armenia), Baktria (romans_brutii), the Pahlava (parthia), or
; the Arche Seleukeia (romans_julii) AND his faction controls Chighu.

If I want them to be active even when I'm a roman, I should do the following:

1. Remove the SettlementIsLocal check:

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Chighu
and I_CompareCounter ShowEjectGarrisonAdvice = 1
and PercentageOfPopulationInGarrison = 0
advance_advice_thread Yuezhi_Near_Chighu_Thread
set_counter ShowEjectGarrisonAdvice 0
end_monitor
;
monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Chighu
and I_CompareCounter ShowEjectGarrisonAdvice = 1
set_counter ShowEjectGarrisonAdvice 0
end_monitor

2. Should I then replace the content of "and I_LocalFaction" everywhere in that section with "seleucid"? And that's all?

Sorry to post this mess here, but it's not something I can actually verify right away, so I want to be sure it'll work, otherwise my campaign might crash on that turn...

On a side note, are there any tutorials that would permit me to write a simple script (or add something to the EB script) to spawn armies for everybody (since I've tried adding armies to the descr_strat and it doesn't seem to work). I'd be grateful for a link.

Atilius
10-08-2009, 03:51
If I want them to be active even when I'm a roman, I should do the following:

1. Remove the SettlementIsLocal check:
2. Should I then replace the content of "and I_LocalFaction" everywhere in that section with "seleucid"? And that's all?
No. A great deal more than that would be necessary. For one thing, the ownership of Chighu is temporarily transferred to one of several factions. If none of those factions still exist, the game would crash. There a number of reasons why it was written as it was: making the invasion active for more factions significantly increases its complexity and may have very serious side-effects.

The author of this script had years of experience. Do not try re-writing this script at home.