PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while...

IncubusDragon
10-23-2009, 11:24
Hi, as you can see, I'm IncubusDragon
(when I first started in MTW, I called myself Green Dragon).

I used to play VI with the Vampire Knight Clan way back in 2003/2004, but I haven't been in a position to be playing again until now as a result of some "domestics" (nasty separation - temporary accomodation, no broadband, taken to the cleaners etc).

I'm one of the cursed that can't play VI anymore because my new machine has got an nvidia 8800GT card in it... I've tried everything but no joy. Nvidia? I hate them, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them... :wall: ...umm, my unbiased opinion, honest! :dizzy2:

I got RTW+expansions and MIITW+expansions installed on my PC but haven't yet played MP with them yet. I've got a 3G broadband dongle (pay-as-you-go), so I got my fingers crossed that it will enable me to play online again.

Great to see that .org is still going strong... don't get me wrong, I was never a regular visitor in the old days (VKC had a policy of using .net only and not .org... dunno exactly what that was about - guessing it was some clan war or other before my time).

Hopefully, I'll be able to join in the fun... O yeah, and be gentle with me... from what I've read, looks like my old VI tactics will get me slaughtered in MIITW :skull:

Anyway, just thought I'd say "hello" and with a bit of luck, I'll see you on the field :charge:

Regards

ID

IncubusDragon
10-23-2009, 13:39
Darn... seems I'll be relegated to single player only until I get rehoused into a place where I can install proper broadband (not allowed in current place, hence the 3G dongle).

I made sure everything was switched off (anti-virus, firewall etc) and getting into game lobby is no problem, but can't join any games... I reckon I prolly got a ping count that's through the roof - looks like 3G "broadband" isn't actually broadband after all.

:no:

Csargo
10-23-2009, 21:23
Hello ~:wave: Don't know anything about multiplayer so I can't help you.:sorry:

Caius
10-24-2009, 05:18
Hello and welcome. Even though I do not own MTW, what can I say is that 3G is, in fact, a dissapointment. You get Internet, but not that fast as you would wish to.

Andres
10-24-2009, 11:14
Welcome IncubusDragon ~:wave:

Ibn-Khaldun
10-27-2009, 09:55
~:wave:

Hope you enjoy your time in here! :yes:

Martok
10-28-2009, 08:45
Welcome (back), IncubusDragon. Sorry to hear you (like so many folks) can no longer run MTW, but good luck with Medieval 2! :medievalcheers: