PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Strike For The South
11-17-2009, 03:43
Is so close I can taste it.

I'm trying to figure out whats the earliest I can leave school!

Anyone else stoked?

A Very Super Market
11-17-2009, 03:46
I dunno, us Canadians have already had it.

Strike For The South
11-17-2009, 03:47
I dunno, us Canadians have already had it.

Lucky.

Hosakawa Tito
11-17-2009, 04:07
I have to work till 4 pm, but then I'm thinking turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, pumpkin pie, recliner & football, nap. Yeah man. :elephant:

pevergreen
11-17-2009, 04:09
Huh?

Is this the thread where we give thanks for having Left4Dead2 unlocked today?

Major Robert Dump
11-17-2009, 04:23
I just know I'm going to get stuck working a case.

Also, first front came tonight and I'm not going to get home to pick my 5 trees worth of pecans before they spoil on the ground:furious3:. If some of you Texans want my address, you're welcome to go get them yourself, it's right next to that Red River thingy off I-35.

Zain
11-17-2009, 04:36
I'm excited! I will eat til I'm sick three times a day for five days straight!

Let alone the leftovers. :greedy:

GeneralHankerchief
11-17-2009, 05:53
Heading home Monday, then prepping myself for an amazing Thursday. We're eating at my place this year, which is awesome because there's less travel time involved. :beam:

Also, I'm trying to see if there's any business in the area that will hire me to work on Black Friday only.

Veho Nex
11-17-2009, 07:39
Is so close I can taste it.

I'm trying to figure out whats the earliest I can leave school!

Anyone else stoked?

10-4 on that one. I cant wait for turkey. its my favorite meat. Some turkey ham a little lamb mixed together to create the perfect dinner! But America accidentally added another ingredient! THANKSGIVING DAY!

Sasaki Kojiro
11-17-2009, 07:42
Turkey is my least favorite meat, thankfully pumpkin is my favorite pie. Go easy on the turkey, eat half a pie, that's my plan.

Samurai Waki
11-17-2009, 07:45
Turkey is my least favorite meat, thankfully pumpkin is my favorite pie. Go easy on the turkey, eat half a pie, that's my plan.

I have a dislike of Turkey as well...

Thanksgiving for me = Being able to spend some time with my girls, Watching a Football game or two, having beers with my brothers.

The food has always been...meh.

Louis VI the Fat
11-17-2009, 12:18
I must hand it to the yanks, they've managed to turn all their Holidays into great foodfests. Barbequ's and beer on July 14th, Turkey and pumpkin on Thanksgiving, and...well lots of everything with Christmas. Genius.

(An early) Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy!

Centurion1
11-17-2009, 15:21
the stuffing................. i loveeeeeeeeee stuffing

CountArach
11-17-2009, 15:28
How many people will die on Black Friday this time?

drone
11-17-2009, 15:56
Barbequ's and beer on July 14th

:inquisitive: Only the Franco-Texans celebrate Bastille Day over here. :laugh4:

The best part about Thanksgiving is it's ability to avoid over-commercialization. Yeah, there's football to be watched, and Black Friday (which is pointless since Christmas crap goes on sale before Halloween), but Thursday remains as a day to get together with friends and relatives without having to buy stuff other than food.

Hooahguy
11-17-2009, 16:17
i cant wait for thanksgiving.
first, on the 25th, i have band practice from 12pm-6. then i have a party from 6pm-11. its a costuime party, im going as Slash. gotta love top hats.

then on thanksgiving day, my grandparents are coming, and we always have a huge meal with turkey and meat.
and we have the next day off to sleep off all the turkey.

Strike For The South
11-17-2009, 16:27
Can you say

Tur
Duck
En

:2thumbsup:

Major Robert Dump
11-17-2009, 21:45
turducken is incredible

pevergreen
11-17-2009, 23:53
I heard about a great new turducken.

Simmons: (Explaining a Turducken) It's a chicken in a duck in a turkey.
Church: You know, because the holiday isn't quite gluttonous enough on its own.
Grif: Sounds awesome, is that what we're having?
Sarge: Nope. Although impressive, I decided they stopped short when designing the turducken.
Church: Yeah. They seem like real underachievers there.
Sarge: So I decided to make my own variety.
Church: What's that, a polecat stuffed in a possum?
Sarge: Nope, first we start with a hummingbird-
Grif: A what?
Sarge: Put that in a sparrow, stuff them both in a cornish hen, then put that in a chicken. Put all that in a duck, then a turkey, then in a bigger turkey.(Picture shows Michael Moore)
Grif: Two turkeys?
Sarge: Hey, it's Thanksgiving. Put that in a penguin, stuff that in a peacock, then an eagle, shove it all in an albatross, then an emu, next comes an ostrich, then a leopard! Put all that in a pterodactyl, and then stuff it in a Boeing 747.
Church: (Short Pause) Cool. I get a wing.
Simmons: I call the turbine.
Sarge: Alright! Hunker up boys, hey Grif! What kinda meat do you like? First class, or coach?
Church: You know if we cook this thing at three hundred and fifty degrees at ten minutes a pound, it's not gonna be done for 11 years.
Sarge: That's why we're going to deep fry. (Oil Tanker Horn) There's the oil now!
Simmons: What was the leopard for?
Sarge: Presentation.

A Very Super Market
11-18-2009, 04:43
I heard they once tried an OstriTurDuckEnMmingbird. Lives were lost.

As for me, I would never eat a food with the word "turd" in it.

Owen Glyndwr
11-18-2009, 09:10
Excited that I get to go home and see the folks, but other than that, no. I've never been a big fan of Thanksgiving grub...