PDA

View Full Version : YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am so happy

axel
11-28-2009, 13:11
Hi ,

got my new grafic card ATI 4890 latest drivers and i can play MTW VI and STW and MTWII and RTW no problems so far but then again i just tested them a few minutes.
I did nt test ETW yet but will soon.

one thing the loading screen of MTW VI takes a long time to load before battle and before starting a new campaing, is there somme thing wot i can do to change this??

caravel
11-28-2009, 15:13
one thing the loading screen of MTW VI takes a long time to load before battle and before starting a new campaing, is there somme thing wot i can do to change this??
I had the same problem with my Radeon HD 3650 and Geforce 7300GT before it. I have never found any solution as yet. How long is it taking to load?

axel
11-28-2009, 23:57
Hi Asai Nagamasa,

Longest load time would be between 1 and 2 minutes

PershsNhpios
11-29-2009, 00:08
---

caravel
11-29-2009, 00:11
I had about a 3 minute wait with the HD 3650 and I think it was about a 2 minute wait with the 7300GT. For me it was a total game breaker and I eventually removed the card and went back to the integraded Radeon X1200. With that card I don't get any issues.

-Edit:
@Glenn, it's not a question of performance. Both the campaigns and battles take an absolute age to load. It's massively frustrating. I can then fire up STW and the load screen is gone in a flash. Personally I couldn't deal with it and had to revert to using the onboard graphics... It's ridiculous because MTW should be running too fast on modern hardware, not too slow. The framerate on the campagn map is appalling as well, due to more of CA's dodgy programming.

axel
11-29-2009, 22:27
Hi mate,

average waithing time is between 60 and the 80 seconds, is there somme thing wot can be done about this?

And in what battle map and strategy can be best played on a 22 inch wide screen?

caravel
11-29-2009, 23:39
Hi mate,

average waithing time is between 60 and the 80 seconds, is there somme thing wot can be done about this?
Nothing can be done about this AFAIK. If you ever find the solution, please let us all know.

And in what battle map and strategy can be best played on a 22 inch wide screen?
The game does not support widescreen resolutions.

:bow:

axel
11-30-2009, 21:35
Hi mate

What games do you play?

caravel
11-30-2009, 23:52
Hi mate

What games do you play?

STW and MTW. STW runs ok, MTW has the slow load screen issue.

axel
12-01-2009, 09:45
Hi mate,

Are you playing on a 22 inch screen? and your loading time takes about 2 min.
Loading time is crap where must i search in my MTW directory to try changing sommething in loading time what file is the loading time???

caravel
12-01-2009, 09:49
The monitor size is irrelevant. I have a 19" widescreen monitor and I have tried different resolutions. The loading screen is always at the same resolution anyway. I have tried everything that I can think of. I've even replaced the loading screen images with smaller files and it made no difference.

Sorry, but there is no known solution to this problem. The game just won't run properly on newer hardware.

:2cents:

uk_john
04-03-2010, 14:16
I changed from an NVidia card because of mouse control problems with MTW, only to replace it with this loading time issue! It is so frustrating and so illogical! On my 4850 it takes 3-5 minutes!!!