PDA

View Full Version : troubles with 1.2 patch

Kleitos
12-13-2009, 13:48
hello there - im total new, found these awesome mods just couple of weeks ago - v.0.81 worked on my old pc so i could get a taste of it.

(hope my english is sufficient enough to be understood :-)

also the version 1.1 functions now after installing again and again on my new one (but also with Windows Xp) - searched here on this great site also (of course also the installation guide for EB from Tellos Athenaios) ..finally after trying two days i tried to create a new shortcut like proposed in several threads and at least the version 1.1 runs now with a shortcut created from the original RTW.exe with the addition: ..xe" -mod:eb -show_err -ne

but after installing 1.2 patch in the very same folder as before 1.1 (a full RTW 1.5 copy - i.e. not the original one in the program files) it is just there in the RTW folder with this own strange folder name: [First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]

there is no 1.2 exe there (as i thought to discover after installing the patch) so i again tried the one created before with the added ending.

also i tried yesterday because still 1.1 wasnst running to install 1.1 without the EBTrivial script - then it worked and had a well-oiled EB exe (shortcut) to start it. ...with EBTrivial script (dont know what it is) there i have instead a EB Single player shortcut (besides a multiplayer shortcut) which wont do anything.?

what is meant with that "[First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]" - what do i have to remove or ...of course i read the "1.2 patch question" thread but ..dont get it: XSamantan wrote there: ..To install 1.2, select the folder you installed RTW and EB 1.1, and afterwards delete the [First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this].

..but delete what? - the whole folder?

and yes i also unpacked the 1.2 fixes into <RTW directory>/EB/data ...where the note/question came up that for each fix one file was already there ..i choose overwrite it. ...but i guess this with the fixes is a minor problem..

would be really pleased over some help here.

thanks,
Kleitos

XSamatan
12-13-2009, 14:03
Welcome to the forum, Kleitos!

The installation should be going in this order:

RTW patched to 1.5
EB 1.1 in the RTW folder
EB 1.2 in the RTW folder
fixes for 1.2

Recording the installer for 1.2:

You start the program until you come to the point where you have to select the directory in which you want to install the patch. Select with the menu your RTW folder, not your EB folder inside your RTW folder, then the target line in the installer should look like this:

...\RTW[First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]

click left with your mouse in this line and use your keyboard to delete all inside of this [...].

install

XSamatan

Kleitos
12-13-2009, 16:23
thanks XSamatan :-) ...well now i get a hint what is meant - i´ll try it right now.

..but all inside of this - does it mean the brackets were left over or these also?

reg. the fixes - is that the right way when unpacking the fixes in the folder <RTW directory>/EB/data that after/while unpacking them the info/question comes: "file-xy" already exists - do you want to replace it or..?
is replace it (or maybe it is overwrite im not so sure now) the right option.?

and is EBTrivial script with installing 1.1 absolut necessary for patching up later to 1.2 ? - what is this EBTrivial script?

XSamatan
12-13-2009, 16:35
In the target line of your installer, there should be nothing more than the path to your RTW folder where you installed EB 1.1

Unpack the fixes in the right places (as shown in the zip-files) and replace/overwrite the existing files. If you copy a fix in your EB directory without a message, it is probably the wrong directory.

The trivial script gives you a direct link to some preferences of RTW and EB and can be used to start EB directly. I would recommend to install it.

XSamatan

Kleitos
12-13-2009, 17:25
:-) thanks so much XSamatan .. i did as you wrote and it really works now (had a couple of install and deinstallations ;-) version 1.2 - great!

launchable is it here from the singleplayer shortcut in the RTW folder - and yes i installed everything ..so great - still have some time of my weekend left so i´m gonna leave here now to dive in into baktra 270 B.C.

thanks,
Kleitos