PDA

View Full Version : Siege engines

Etym
01-08-2010, 17:20
Two questions:
1 - Can I transfer battering rams, etc., to mercenaries? (I'd rather have them killed by wall archers and first defenders than my experienced legions); and
2 - (Feeling a bit stupid, here) How do I transfer the ram to another unit? I know there's an advisor tip for this, but I can't get it to show up . . . gotta buncha quys standing around in the snow 'cuz I can't figure out how to move the siege gear around . . . this is embarrassing . . . .
Thanks!

gollum
01-08-2010, 21:04
Hello Etym,
nothing to be embarassed about we were all beginners one day (and still are in many otyher things than RTW).

You can make any unit drop any engine by pressing F which is the shortcut for the "special function" button. This button fills with the engine every time a unit takes it. Obviously just pressing it with the cursor will have the same effect.

To assign the engine to a new unit, select the unit of your choice and hover the cursor over the engine. You'll eventually at the right position see a little hand. Then right click and the unit will take up the engine.

Enjoy

:bow:

Etym
01-09-2010, 03:49
'Preciate it, Gollum. One more town down . . .:2thumbsup:

gollum
01-09-2010, 03:55
...unleash hell!

:bow: