Shylence
Kingsnake

Total Players: 11

Artisans
Molinaargh

total artisans : 1 lol

MerlinusCDXX
01-11-2010, 01:59
' Bout time :beam: . Dinnae ferget aboot me, lads. I be signin' oop the now.

The Celtic Viking
01-11-2010, 10:15
There will be no game without a King. I am here.

Hotseat_User
01-11-2010, 12:01
I'm interrested but need a low level too, less time. But please no dull/uncharismatic/langorous guy :furious3:

Cultured Drizzt fan
01-11-2010, 12:12
I am here of course. Just make sure I don't start another rebellion, the last one turned me off to the whole Idea.

the man with no name
01-12-2010, 02:02
Hola! I need a low level guy 2 plz.

johnhughthom
01-13-2010, 21:22
Which version of EB did you end up using? I will join if it's 1.2, got a feeling it isn't though...

Cultured Drizzt fan
01-13-2010, 21:57
Which version of EB did you end up using? I will join if it's 1.2, got a feeling it isn't though...

I believe we are still on 1.1..... :sweatdrop:

Celtic_Punk
01-14-2010, 10:20
1.1 it is. If you got questions move 'em to suggestions thread.

/Bean\
01-14-2010, 12:44
Ah, finally I can reply. Don't know what happened there.

Count me in, lads. It's payback time!

HunGeneral
01-14-2010, 19:52
I would also join if possible. Hope there will be some minor characters left open...

The Celtic Viking
01-14-2010, 20:52
Anyone who wants to play will be able to get a character of their own; we can raise new ones at any time, so don't worry about that front. There's a caveat though, in that generals we've recruited (RGBs) won't be on the family list, and thus can't marry or have children in-game (you can still roleplay that he does, of course). There is a possibility that RGBs are put forth as candidates for adoption, but we can't trigger that to happen and the adopter always has the right to decline.

vartan
01-17-2010, 02:53
Anyone who wants to play will be able to get a character of their own; we can raise new ones at any time, so don't worry about that front. There's a caveat though, in that generals we've recruited (RGBs) won't be on the family list, and thus can't marry or have children in-game (you can still roleplay that he does, of course). There is a possibility that RGBs are put forth as candidates for adoption, but we can't trigger that to happen and the adopter always has the right to decline.

Can I play? I've never played an EB PBM as an actual character, let alone Arverni (never played it at all). If you have any extra family member along the way, I'll take it please. :sweatdrop:

Celtic_Punk
01-17-2010, 07:11
of course you can!

The game has not yet started. You can join in the game at any time, but being a part of it from the start does have its advantages :juggle2:

The Celtic Viking
01-17-2010, 10:04
Yes, you're of course welcome to join us, Vartan. The more the merrier! ~:)

CP, set up a list in the OP of all who have signed up already!

Shylence
01-17-2010, 12:51
Hello, I am signing up for war, I'm new at this too. so....put me where battle is most brutal!

/Bean\
01-18-2010, 01:42
That would be in Council thread, I expect :sweatdrop:. Things do tend to get heated in there.

Have we got a starting date yet?

Cultured Drizzt fan
01-18-2010, 02:44
That would be in Council thread, I expect :sweatdrop:. Things do tend to get heated in there.

:evil: Indeed. The pen is mightier than the sword...... Of course, we don't have any pens, but we do have swords. :yes: we will just have to reverse the adage for our purposes.

Have we got a starting date yet?

The others are working on it, mostly I just sit and nod my head while they come up with amazing ideas. :laugh4:

To put a word to it, expect the game "soonish" :tongue:

Molinaargh
01-18-2010, 02:53
I'd like to sign up but not as a general (no battles or grand management for me).

I want to roleplay an artisan that sculpts and paints the mighty heroes that will arise while involved a little in politics. I can attempt to make some digital art to spice up this PBM. If that's possible, I'm in.

/Bean\
01-18-2010, 09:09
Damn, why didn't you do that in BtSH or WotB? I'm not so sure the Celts were famous for their watercolours...Great idea though, I suppose you could be Greek or something that has decided to become a neutral figure, or you could follow one tribe or something.

The others are working on it, mostly I just sit and nod my head while they come up with amazing ideas. :laugh4:

Story of my life, mate. :2thumbsup:

To put a word to it, expect the game "soonish" :tongue:

Standard EB mindset then, really.

Molinaargh
01-18-2010, 14:00
Damn, why didn't you do that in BtSH or WotB? I'm not so sure the Celts were famous for their watercolours...Great idea though, I suppose you could be Greek or something that has decided to become a neutral figure, or you could follow one tribe or something.
The Celts did mostly inscribed stones and metal sculpting, as far as I can see. I think it would catch the "feel" of the game more than hellenistic art. Of course I won't be actually sculpting metal, just drawing it digitally. I'll be researching Celtic art now. :book:

/Bean\
01-18-2010, 19:06
Geddon! Cool edition to a whole new PBM.

Just wondering, will Mediolanium be up for grabs? I know its the Aedui rather than the Arverni, but could we perhaps change who owns it? I would love to start in Mediolanium, leave the initial Gallic conflicts between the rest of you, and then when the Romans get close, call for help. That could liven the game up quite a darned bit.

Celtic_Punk
01-19-2010, 01:07
Well you can be sent by the King himself to go and get it.

Head of the first Confederate army? or your tribe might send you, ect.

/Bean\
01-19-2010, 01:12
Oh, we're not doing the whole lots of different tribes then?

The Celtic Viking
01-19-2010, 13:03
Yeah, we are. As CP said, "your tribe might send you, etc.". That alludes to the fact that your tribe can do things independently of the other tribes, to certain extent. It's still a confederation, though, and there will be a head, a "higher king" - Verrix - of that confederation (elected from the "lesser kings", the Vollorix... es?, of each tribe) who will have certain powers.

All is shown in the rules, which you can find here (http://totalwarforumspage.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=twseries&action=display&thread=44&page=1#125). There's an "ideas and suggestions" thread if you wish to discuss them. CP should've had the rules there, but for some reason he didn't include it, the silly goose.

The Celts did mostly inscribed stones and metal sculpting, as far as I can see. I think it would catch the "feel" of the game more than hellenistic art. Of course I won't be actually sculpting metal, just drawing it digitally. I'll be researching Celtic art now.

That. Is. Awesome.

You're more than welcome here, friend! :beam:

Unrelated: if anyone wants to command infantry bodyguards, we can fix that for you; the only drawback is that you'll have to take an RGB for that.

Hotseat_User
01-19-2010, 21:28
RGB?!? recruitable general b? anyway, the noble cavalry rocks.

but while thinking... is it possible to get a belgae noble cav bodygard? :juggle2:

*edit* haha I've taken a look for the stats, that would be freakin' awesome. Count me in as the wanna be belgae Vollorix. :clown:

The Celtic Viking
01-19-2010, 23:25
Recruitable General's Bodyguard.

Yeah, we certainly could give you the Remi Mairepos as a bodyguard unit. We won't, though. We're... oppressively evil that way. :evil:

HunGeneral
01-20-2010, 00:18
By the way: will a tribal army be made only of units which the tribes "capital" (read settlement) can recruit or any units which they can finance?

vartan
01-20-2010, 01:23
All is shown in the rules, which you can find here (http://totalwarforumspage.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=twseries&action=display&thread=44&page=1#125). There's an "ideas and suggestions" thread if you wish to discuss them. CP should've had the rules there, but for some reason he didn't include it, the silly goose.

I just realized that you guys have been trying to get this to work for months now, and that you aren't even using 1.2 ... :laugh4:

Hotseat_User
01-20-2010, 10:57
TCV - you all are evil, but I wouldn't agree with it too :sweatdrop:

is the "wolftribe" FM, don't remember the right tribename, availeble?

*edit* oh is the thought from HunG, to start 10-20years later the last thought? 'cause then I'd like to take a younger guy from that tribe.

/Bean\
01-20-2010, 16:10
Yeah, we are. As CP said, "your tribe might send you, etc.". That alludes to the fact that your tribe can do things independently of the other tribes, to certain extent. It's still a confederation, though, and there will be a head, a "higher king" - Verrix - of that confederation (elected from the "lesser kings", the Vollorix... es?, of each tribe) who will have certain powers.

Yeah, that's what I thought we were doing. I was asking whether my tribe would be able to start in Mediolanium.

The Celtic Viking
01-20-2010, 16:57
is the "wolftribe" FM, don't remember the right tribename, availeble?

Not from the beginning. As we have figured, we'll start with the normal starting settlements and use the tribes associated with them, which would be Arverni (Gergovia), Sequani (Vesontio) and Allobroges (Viennos).

Since we're just 10 people, this would mean 3 for two tribes and 4 for one. I don't think we can have more tribes than that.

*edit* oh is the thought from HunG, to start 10-20years later the last thought? 'cause then I'd like to take a younger guy from that tribe.

Well, if enough people want that, sure. We'd lose the war against the Aedui, though.

By the way: will a tribal army be made only of units which the tribes "capital" (read settlement) can recruit or any units which they can finance?

They can be made from any of the settlements that a tribe controls, but the tribe must be able to finance it on its own.

Yeah, that's what I thought we were doing. I was asking whether my tribe would be able to start in Mediolanium.

Not in the post I responded to, which is the one right above mine.

Hotseat_User
01-20-2010, 17:53
Not from the beginning. As we have figured, we'll start with the normal starting settlements and use the tribes associated with them, which would be Arverni (Gergovia), Sequani (Vesontio) and Allobroges (Viennos).

mhh if I remember correctly, the starting FL has adopted one guy - or through marriage - I mean him, isn't he is from one of these tribes? Anyway I'm looking foward to this :2thumbsup:

The Celtic Viking
01-20-2010, 19:58
mhh if I remember correctly, the starting FL has adopted one guy - or through marriage - I mean him, isn't he is from one of these tribes? Anyway I'm looking foward to this :2thumbsup:

If there is a guy like that in the game for the Arverni, which I have no memory of, then he'll be available for you to play as, but still in Arverni/Allobroges/Sequani's service. You sure you're not thinking of a different faction, though, perhaps the Aedui? :inquisitive:

Hotseat_User
01-20-2010, 23:35
If there is a guy like that in the game for the Arverni, which I have no memory of, then he'll be available for you to play as, but still in Arverni/Allobroges/Sequani's service. You sure you're not thinking of a different faction, though, perhaps the Aedui? :inquisitive:

no, I'm shure, he is an Averni starting FM, I think the Allobroges one. But I'll look it up. sec. :yes:

*edit* oh and yes, I meant Belenos oi Lugos, member of the Osi, a tribe from the Volcae - Wolve/Raiders. He seems to be adopted by the starting FL. But I could also be just one cousin or so of this guy. If you - who get this started - want to keep those four starting FM's. I would just love to be member of one of the Volcae tribes. But correctly remembered, one need Tylis/Nicaia/Ankyra for the other one's. There was an Aedui guide which explained, which town is needed for the seperate celtic tribes - but a search didn't help me to find it -_-; someone else can recall that?

The Celtic Viking
01-21-2010, 12:57
Ah yes, now I remember him. You're right.

As for the thread you're thinking of... I think I know which one you're talking about. I don't have the link (but it shouldn't be hard to find: search the guides subforum for something like "celtic guide ethnicity"), but you can look it up for yourself in the edct.

Cultured Drizzt fan
01-23-2010, 00:56
For those wondering we are just working some stuff out with the mod. :yes: There is progress going on!

Celtic_Punk
01-23-2010, 09:51
Indeed, The avatars are being recruited. We will do a second signup( a second chance to get on the starting avatars, and a present and accounted for check) on Saturday, then barring any unforseen circumstances we shall BEGIN MONDAY!

Hotseat_User
01-23-2010, 11:22
okay, how to install? seperate rtw-path with 1.1 installed but not updated to 1.2??? and then fd-mod over it? that is it?

The Celtic Viking
01-23-2010, 13:15
We'll give a mod to enable general recruitment, but other than that, yes, you got it. Just don't forget the 1.1 fixes, all of them should be applied.

kingsnake
01-23-2010, 17:57
Sign me up!!! :O

Celtic_Punk
01-23-2010, 19:07
will do! Glad to have you aboard kingsnake

Molinaargh
01-24-2010, 00:20
https://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6955/celt9edit3.jpg

Tree of Stone.

https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4676/celt10c.jpg

Study of the Dying Gaul, a hellenistic sculpture.

https://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7031/celt12edit3.jpg

A gold coin with spiral design.

These are just studies to practice for drawing the events and kings of our game. From what I've seen, expect lots of spirals, monoliths and moustaches. And you, players, make the game interesting so I can draw interesting stuff! :2thumbsup:

Hotseat_User
01-24-2010, 12:24
:dizzy2: :smash: :yes: OMG Molinaargh, this is just awesomeness.

and if my char has to invent fe. a spaceship to get U drawing - he will do :clown:

Hotseat_User
01-24-2010, 20:52
hey ho, another question! will you post a list of the fixes which should be *fixed* for 1.1??? I already got a 1.1 version but not touched 'till now...

Molinaargh
01-24-2010, 20:55
:dizzy2: :smash: :yes: OMG Molinaargh, this is just awesomeness.

and if my char has to invent fe. a spaceship to get U drawing - he will do :clown:
Thanks, have another one! :bow:

https://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2368/celt13edit2.jpg

Sketch of a celtic sword. The sculpted head in the top of the hilt and the inscriptions in the blade are historical, although obviously not so common.

Celtic_Punk
01-24-2010, 21:58
holy :furious3: Thats amazing!

I excellent work. You've got a seat on the Verrix's personal retinue! :laugh4:

The Celtic Viking
01-25-2010, 12:35
Leave it to the Verrix to decide his own business. ~;)

But... yeah. That is very nice. We should be careful not to run out of praise before we even get this thing started. :sweatdrop:

/Bean\
01-25-2010, 16:39
I can give you a thesaurus?