PDA

View Full Version : Augustan Reformer

michaeljowers
03-13-2010, 08:36
Hello everybody, this is my first post, and any help would be much appreciated. Just had a question concerning the Augustan Reformer. After researching the Marian reformer i found that he was most likely going to a pleb and needed to be put into a temple of ceres. I got the Marian reforms with little trouble, but now I am working on the Imperial reforms. Can someone give me some tips if the family member will be a pleb, or a patrician, how to get the traits arrogans, skilled beauricrat and expert recruiter. Thank you in advance to your help in this matter.

Macilrille
03-13-2010, 11:20
Welcome to the forum.
I cannot answer your question, but I can welcome you.

I can also tell you how you use the console to add the traits, but that is always a last-ditch solution.

SwissBarbar
03-13-2010, 13:27
Welcome to the Forum.

AFAIK you get the expert recruiter trait by simply recruiting in this generals city as much as you can. The skilled bureaucrat trait you should get, if your general is governor of a city with high or very high taxes, and even though having more than 100% happiness of the people in this city.

V.T. Marvin
03-13-2010, 15:17
Ad "Expert recruiter" I believe that crucial factor is to put a lot of units into recruitment queue at once and wait, rather than having him recruit one unit each turn :2cents: Good luck with your reforms and welcome!

michaeljowers
03-13-2010, 16:24
Yeah i only want to do that if all else fails...but if all else fails i would like to know how to do that. This game is really awesome, i played the vanilla version for a long time, but this one just blows it away.

Drewski
03-13-2010, 22:48
If you look through the recent topics, I made an Augustan Thread last week. My only problem is keeping him alive until 125BC. Haven't had time to carry on with the campaign yet myself...

There are two things you can't control for the Augustus.

1) He needs to be S/C/V and Selfish (pure luck) .
2) He needs to be at least Arrogans. The Ex Rec, and Skilled Bureau is easy to create as the others above said.

Look for the trait "Superbus", it's the stronger form of Arrogans (basically the guy thinks he's of divine birth). Fms sometimes get it at coming of age.

Good luck!

P.S. - Isn't a Superbus what John Madden used to ride around in ? ;)

TancredTheNorman
03-14-2010, 05:41
Welcome to the forum.
I cannot answer your question, but I can welcome you.

I can also tell you how you use the console to add the traits, but that is always a last-ditch solution.

Isn't that impossible with EB? You probably know better then me, but I have never been able to trait cheat with Romani in this mod.

Megas Methuselah
03-14-2010, 07:10
Looks like you've been having trouble with the names. Every Roman's surname is "Romanvs," whilst their first names are the same, except they can end with anything from A to Z (or was it K?). For example, "LvcivsA Romanvs" or "LvcivsB Romanvs" or "LvcivsC Romanvs" and so forth. Their visible surnames are given to them as epithets through traits, as with the Pahlava and Hai.

TancredTheNorman
03-14-2010, 08:04
interesting, so how would I cope with a name like Titvs Scipio Cornelivs Asina in trying to add or remove traits?

V.T. Marvin
03-14-2010, 12:36
Well, he would be either Titus RomanusA, or Titus RomanusB, or Titus ..., you have got the idea... Good luck!

TancredTheNorman
03-14-2010, 16:59
Thank you, though I really wish it was as easy as Medieval Total War 2 (You just have to select one and type This) what is the trait for Popularis?

Macilrille
03-16-2010, 21:04
The triple-named ones has caused me some trouble, but I will figure ir out or find a thread. Making sure my SCV FMs proliferate.