PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of this now! Help ok Custom Battle problem

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 18:32
Hi I've recently downloaded this mod works ok until I start it up lol
I've got it working with steam with the correct line and Installed perfectly with update 1.2
But when i start it up theres a problem
Theres something wrong with a the directory with an eastern emperor?
I'll type it here if you can help
C:
Program Files
Steam
Steamapps
Common
Rome Total War Gold
Data
descr_event_images at line 2801 column new_eastern_emperpor

And right now I have no idea what to do
I've reinstalled once and please not again lol
So if you could help me please :)

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 18:36
Sorry line 2814 in the text file
I'm guessing i can just type something else to change it and correct it but I don't really wanna mess with that stuff

anubis88
04-20-2010, 18:38

As long as you are laughing out loud there should be no problem,:dizzy2: :laugh4:

I've got it working with steam with the correct line and Installed perfectly with update 1.2

So does the game work or not? Please be specific where it crashes... Also you should post this in the EB tech support forum

XSamatan
04-20-2010, 18:45
There is a guide written that may help you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=7180711#post7180711

Maybe you can answer the guideline mentioned inthis thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83728)? That would make it much more easier to see what is actually wrong in your case.

XSamatan

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 18:45
Oh sorry on start up the screen shows
So the game will work I've just gotta fix the line
Sorry I'm new and just saw theres a bug problem forum part
Is it worth posting there?

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 18:52
Theres something wrong with a the directory with an eastern emperor?
I'll type it here if you can help
C:
Program Files
Steam
Steamapps
Common
Rome Total War Gold
Data
descr_event_images at line 2814 column new_eastern_emperpor

And right now I have no idea what to do
So if you could help me please :)

And also the game does work it shows the start up screen but then stops with an unknown script error

I of the Storm
04-20-2010, 19:15
I really think you should go to the bug reports subforum. bovi will take care of you there...:juggle2:

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 19:22
I have but no answer for the last half an hour?
I could post the printscreen?

Mullen18
04-20-2010, 22:29
I'm getting the simple can't find steam I went through a guide which just got me annoyed and didn't work...
So can anyon help
It's slightly more complicated because i wanted to run NTW2 aswell i copied the folder of rome total war gold into my E drive
The NTW2 works fine but this is annoying me!!
So please help i don't know paths to use because of the Trivial script stuff grrrr :(

Mullen18
04-21-2010, 00:00
New problem got the game working but all the races mix together and arn't seperated making it unplayable to me other than that it works fine
And I've read it works with multiplayer custom matches but I'm on steam and my path
I'm using for SP doesn't work for Multi and when I click on the multi shortcut I get the classic Can't Find Steam
So I need help and hopefully you'll anwser me
I'm using Rome total war gold on steam I've got the basis working and NTW2 working perfectly
So Help Please !! :) :)

Tellos Athenaios
04-21-2010, 00:48
Right. It is probably a very simple issue; but as you wrote it down I cannot see it. (I do not have Steam installed, and haven't played EB version 1.2 in quite some time now.) You installed the Trivial Script? Does the Configuration shortcut work?

A Very Super Market
04-21-2010, 01:00
If your SP EB works fine, all you need to do is start up RTW from steam again.

Although you couldn't open MP EB, it's already changed the stuff around to the MP configuration. To get around "Can't find steam" simply start it from steam itself, and it should work.

If you want to return to SP, do the same thing. Try and open SP EB from the start menu. It won't work. Then you open it in steam.

Edit: I see you have a few threads on this subject. Can you play EB at all?

Mullen18
04-21-2010, 01:02
Sorry if I seem stupid but what?!
Sorry that makes no sense to me

Mullen18
04-21-2010, 01:15
Sorry do you mean access the multiplayer from the SP menu ?
Well it doesn't let me play alone even on LAN

Mullen18
04-21-2010, 04:01
Yes i know I need to use multiplayer but I can't!
I'm on steam using that command line to run it I've got no bugs at all except this
The trivial script scares me cos I have no idea how the hell to use it

So help kindly tell me how to stop multiplayer saying Can't Find Steam!!!
SP doesn't do it i fixed that with -show_err -nm -mod:EB

HELP!!

(RTW:GE, Steam)
Version 1.1

Mullen18
04-21-2010, 04:05
Sorry I'm Stupid
I ment to say I have the bug thing where all units show up not just an army :/ lol

XSamatan
04-22-2010, 07:14
Thanks to Ludens your diverse threads are now unified. Please restrain to open multiple threads about nearly the same issue in the future, ok?

1. After reading your posts it seems that you are able to play EB in Singleplayer modus, right?

2. You now want to play EB custom battles with the 'normal' recruitment pool and this probably won't work. There is a solution presented in the EB-FAQ (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84854), which I would advice to read carefully.

Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU.

3. You mentioned you that you are not able to get connected in LAN/Multiplayer battles, is this right or is this a misunderstanding? Please specify your problem here.

XSamatan