PDA

View Full Version : Bad Who's Who

LadyAnn
04-26-2010, 19:33
I maintain a list of rude people. If this is a violation of the forum policy and regulation, I'll take this thread down.

[removed link - Andres] told me when I joined: "**** off, 1 star noobs". Could have just told me "leave".

Tomisama
04-27-2010, 12:32
It’s probably best to delete the link to avoid encouraging flame wars by this person or others.

Naming names of Steam Profiles is kind of like boxing with shadows, because it is to easy to change IDs and avatars.

But there are rules and ways to report abusers.

STEAM ONLINE CONDUCT
As a Steam subscriber you agree to abide by the following conduct rules.

You will not:
 Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
 Use any material or information, including images or photographs, via Steam in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
 Upload files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
 Institute attacks upon a Steam server or otherwise disrupt Steam.
 in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (coUse Steam mmercial or otherwise).
 Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
 Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.
 Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
 Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
 Violate any applicable laws or regulations.

If you are logged in to your Steam account and access “that persons” Profile, there will be a “Report Violation” dropdown in the upper right hand corner.

You can report misconduct, offensive imagery, and offensive text.

Where that goes and what happens next, we will have to find out by giving it a try.

Andres
04-27-2010, 14:37
I understand the sentiment, but I'm going to close this one and remove the link you posted, LadyAnn. Too much potential to become inflammatory.

We have a policy of not having threads with names of people suspected of cheating and this seems to me to be something similar.

:bow: