PDA

View Full Version : RTW Alexander! Need helps!

Rarity
07-22-2010, 13:14
My RTW Alexander always crashes when it is loading battles.
I have already put the -show_err, but it doesn't work! Ihave not received any messages!
Please have! I am really want to play RTW Alexander! :help:

Rarity
07-23-2010, 05:35
Please help! Anyone?:help::help:

Lord Reid of Britannica
07-23-2010, 12:44
The only thing I can think of is your computer may not reach the minimum requirements? How old is your computer?

Rarity
07-23-2010, 13:14
I have just bought it. It is a very good computer, i think. (RAM: 2GB, VGA: 512MB)
And I can play RTW well.

Rarity
07-23-2010, 13:23
Ahh..
I have just try to enter a battle again, it still crash but i received this error message (this is strange, i usually not received it): insufficient video memory to load requested texture set. What does it mean?

Guyus Germanicus
07-24-2010, 20:57
I have never gotten Alexander to work right.

And I have tried playing it on Windows XP and Windows Vista with recently purchased desktops and a high end Dell laptop, XPS 1710, with vanilla video cards and with nice video cards. The game always seems to hang up when I'm getting ready to assault a besieged city. I get thru the preliminary battle speech, then as soon as I press the start button to deploy my troops the way I want, the cursor goes off into never-never land and I lose control of the game. I have to crash the game with the Taskmanager and start over again. The same thing, then, happens again. I gave up on Alexander. My guess is that Creative Assembly developed the Alexander extension on a very precise set of software architecture and if you don't have exactly what they had, you can't play the game.

I have plenty of RAM on all my machines (3GB+), I've tried the game on both simple video cards and fancy video cards with memory. I have no customized OS features to complicate my PC environment - I'm playing with straight out of the box Dell/Windows configurations. So who knows? I'll monitor this thread for awhile, but if someone has an answer for either of us, I'd love to hear it.

Rarity
07-25-2010, 12:37
to: Guyus Germanicus:
Do you use any RTW mods? I think we are all get the same problem. I have fixed this myself. You can try:
1. Delete all the mods you have in your RTW folder ( I deleted the Extended Greek Mod )
2. Reinstall everything (If you have something important in your Folder, you can back up it)
3. No you can try to get in the game.
If the problem is because your Alexander's installation. You can try to download it from here: http://wgttrl.digitalriver.com/wgt/48D301279E7E371A06591231922BDB19/3F41E3250FAFC353070B8CC10AD92151/segaamerica/Rome_TotalWar_Alexander.exe
Good day and... Good luck!

Guyus Germanicus
07-28-2010, 03:40
to: Guyus Germanicus:
Do you use any RTW mods? I think we are all get the same problem. I have fixed this myself. You can try:
1. Delete all the mods you have in your RTW folder ( I deleted the Extended Greek Mod )
2. Reinstall everything (If you have something important in your Folder, you can back up it)
3. No you can try to get in the game.
If the problem is because your Alexander's installation. You can try to download it from here: http://wgttrl.digitalriver.com/wgt/48D301279E7E371A06591231922BDB19/3F41E3250FAFC353070B8CC10AD92151/segaamerica/Rome_TotalWar_Alexander.exe
Good day and... Good luck!

Yes, I do mod the game. Thanks for the tip!