PDA

View Full Version : What are the best mods out there?

MiniKiller
02-01-2003, 04:41
Hey I was wondering if there are any really good (historically correct) mods out there? Maybe making all the rebels into real factions? All you would have to do is add a king and add a color/sheild. Also how about any campagins (full) that are really good? Thanks

Grifman
02-01-2003, 10:50
I think WesW MedMod, "For God and Country" is pretty good. I'd wait for his next revision though.

Grifman

cugel
02-01-2003, 21:39
Paladin has released 2 such mods: his early1092 and 1092 Early Venice variant. Both have more historical starting provinces. For example, you can see from the historical atlas: http://www.euratlas.com/summary.htm, the crimea was held by Byzantium during the early period (not reflected in the game, but modded by Paladin), but that portions of Anatolia, which the game awards to Byz. were actually lost to them in the years following their disastarous defeat at the battle of Manzikert in 1071. Wes W. has also made modifications which you can see from his readme v.1.5.

MiniKiller
02-01-2003, 22:13
Thanks

I clicked that link and it says it cant load tha page?

cugel
02-02-2003, 01:38
Hmmn Yes, it seems to say that: try copying and pasting this url: http://www.euratlas.com/time2.htm. That should get you to the right spot.

Edited post: I just checked it by clicking on the url and it seems to work.

MiniKiller
02-02-2003, 04:17
It works this time, thanks I am looking over it now.

MiniKiller
02-02-2003, 04:18
So do you have any pics to the new in game look? the pics are helpful but a bit confusion because there are many extra places/factions.

Koukos
02-02-2003, 12:47
Check out the Patrician... it rocks.

Read the thread in this forum. Currently version 1.1 waiting for 1.2

Lord Krazy
02-03-2003, 12:19
Quote[/b] (MiniKiller @ Jan. 31 2003,21:41)]Hey I was wondering if there are any really good (historically correct) mods out there? Maybe making all the rebels into real factions? All you would have to do is add a king and add a color/sheild. Also how about any campagins (full) that are really good? Thanks
Turning all the rebels in to factions can't be done.
Too much hardcoding for this sort of mod.
You can swap but you can't add factions
beyond 20.

The mods suggested so far all sound good to me http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

LK http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif

MiniKiller
02-03-2003, 20:06
So how many do we have now? 17 I belive? so we have room for 3 more. What 3 would be best? Someone here is working on Scotlan mod so that would leave 2 spots. I asked for some pics but he hasnt replied yet, I assume he used the Scotland sheild from the historical battle.

ICantSpellDawg
02-04-2003, 19:40
nah - get the outremer mod and the teutonic order mod

they are the most awesome mods ever

a whole lot of awesome stuff
even the ethnic names are all changed

i love them and i play them in conjunction with paladins 1092 mod

MiniKiller
02-05-2003, 00:26
Quote[/b] (TuffStuffMcGruff @ Feb. 04 2003,12:40)]nah - get the outremer mod and the teutonic order mod

they are the most awesome mods ever

a whole lot of awesome stuff
even the ethnic names are all changed

i love them and i play them in conjunction with paladins 1092 mod
Thanks for the info but what exactly do u mean by they change the ethnic names? Also does this mode overwrite my current early/high/late campaign mode's? And does it add new factions? please go a bit in depth for me, that would be greatly appricated.

ICantSpellDawg
02-05-2003, 06:05
well, outremer mod replaces the non-existent burgundian faction (light blue) with the kingdom of jerusalem - it replaces the sicilians with the normans (who ruled sicily at the time anyway)

there are norman names and frankish names like... fulk, Guillame, - and the surnames

it renames the egyptians to the Fatamids, the turks to the seldjuks.....

AND in palestine, you can train the religious units (in tripoli you can train the Teutonic knights)

this mod takes place in the east in the crusader kingdoms

For the Teutonic mod, it replaces the swiss faction with the Teutonic order (flag etc),allows the leader to be called Hochmeister, lets you train teutonic units in the baltic and replaces the capital of prussia with marienberg

im sure im leaving stuff out tho - but those mods rule - id suggest outremer cuz it is patch compatible

PS if you use the venice variant (paladin) then overwrite it with outremer, you get the new names (for the turks, egyptians and normans) and you get the unit and building files so you can greate religious units when you crusade to the holy land (just an incentive to crusade)

it also alows you to play paladins map which is, IMO, the best part about the mod - its realistic

MiniKiller
02-06-2003, 23:36
It is patch based? so it will be like an add on and not overwrite my other campaign choices? Will it fix the names only for tis campaign? if So I will look into it sounds great

ICantSpellDawg
02-07-2003, 04:12
it is based on the new patch

i think it over wrties the names.txt and the two crusades.text files

then it adds a map

aside form that - im not sure

MiniKiller
02-09-2003, 02:46
ok thanks

does anyone know if it overwrites the other campagins?