PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Units Mod

Alrowan
02-13-2003, 12:59
well guys, been wondering if somone can make a mod in which crusader units for thier corresponding factions in ther crusader proviences (palestine, antioch, tripoli, edessa). all that should be needed is a chapter house to make them.. well how bout it?

cugel
02-13-2003, 23:03
Well, I did it and it's quite easy. All you need to do is download the Gnome Editor and then load your crusader_unit_prod11.txt file from the root MTW directory. You'll notice that column 17 "buildings needed to produce this unit" is blank for crusader knights and footknights. This makes them un-buildable. Just add the build requirements for them. For example, all crusader knights are equal to chivalric knights (except the Templars who have a reduced charge bonus), so use the same build requirements, plus a chapter house: "{ ROYAL_COURT3, ARMOURER3, HORSE_BREEDER3, CHAPTER_HOUSE }"

As for limiting the provinces they appear in: column 50 limits which factions can build them and column 51 limits which provinces can build them. (I let them be built in all provinces, but you don't have to). You can also change which factions can build them as you like

For footknights, use the same build requirements, but delete the horsebreeder. For order foot, I use { SPEARMAKER3, ARMOURER3, CHAPTER_HOUSE }.

This way you get to fine tune it however you like and don't have to swallow someone else's decisions. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif For example, you can make knights dismountable or not, determine whether they will appear as mercenaries (column71), change the AI build probabilities in column 11 to make them more or less likely to appear in AI crusades, etc.

kaaskop
02-14-2003, 02:12
Well I could send it over if you like ,but you must
realize that by making them province specific that crusades
launched from any other region will not contain those units anymore .So when I played a buildeble crusaderknight version I made the teutonic knights/sergeants availeble in
pomeria and prussia ,hospitalerfoot in rhodes and normal hospitalerknights in malta , and made knighttemplar the universial crusaderknight for all factions (beefed KT a little too).

kaaskop
02-14-2003, 02:22
But I won't be sending it anytime soon since my hotmail is
dead ......again http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Alrowan
02-14-2003, 06:14
ok, ive actually thought of an idea with where this mod might go. Basically we know that there is no representation of some of the other crusader knights... ill try make a list of all the different crusader knights, and where they were based upon reaching thier destination. Ie. Knights of St. John in palestine, etc. Once done, we could easitly ad these new knights to the game, so they can be made in respective places, and then use templar knights as the only ones built when a crusade begins.

another thought is to also be able to make crusader knights say in Flanders or Toulous... where thier original chapter houses were. Just another thought.

cugel
02-15-2003, 02:19
Historically, these orders recruited from all over Europe. For example, the knights of St. John that fought at Rhodes had men from many different countries. They should be buildable anywhere they had a chapter house. They should be available for more than just crusades, since their activities were simply not just limited to crusades. Perhaps they could have a province advantage if built in the province where their original chapter house was: as you mention, say Flanders or Toulouse.

Just MHO.

ICantSpellDawg
02-15-2003, 05:17
sexy idea - its been done, but for some reason.. the best mod makers over look this

BUT - the templars & hospitallers were sovereign... meaning they didnt listen to kings - only the pope had a say over them - the teutons has more of an ear to the local lords and german kings, but aside from that - they were seperate

having templars fight templars would be kind of foolish as the templars would hold loyalty to the order and papacy above petty kingdoms