PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question......

Havok
02-14-2003, 07:30
How do you change which unit a province gives a +1 Valor bonus to??

Since i believe the Russians get screwed when it comes to Infantry units. i wanted to give one of the provinces a +1 Valor bonus to Halberdiers (since this is the only good infantry they get)

Thanks

Havok
02-14-2003, 13:29
bump

pyhhricvictory
02-14-2003, 15:29
This is from the FAQ posting. You may check there
Other thing of note that you might want to change are the line

ORTH_ZEALOTS(5)" FRENCH ILE_DE_FRANCE "POVERTY_STRICKEN(17.5),

Relates to the faction that gets a valour bonus for this unit and the region that gets one. This can be changed but note that each province has only one speciality allowed, if two are given the first occurrence in the unit prod file takes precedence.

Havok
02-14-2003, 22:40
well for some reason i cant seem to download any of the FAQ files on modding so could Lord Krazy or someone please post how to change which unit gets a +1 bonus in a province. im sure it cant be to difficult... i just wanna change 1 or 2.

thanx

cugel
02-15-2003, 02:08
It's easy to do this. Here's how.

1. Download the Gnome editor from this site. It's an invaluable tool that will make file editing MUCH easier.

2. Load the crusader_unit_prod11.txt file from the MTW root directory into the editor.

3. Look at column 13 "region ID troop advantage". Simply add the province names of the provinces where you want the unit to have a +1 valor rating. If there is more than 1 province for that unit put them in quotes, like the entry for unit 37 Berber Camel: "MOROCCO, ALGERIA".

jayrock
02-15-2003, 11:44
i don't know about troops, but the advatage doesn't work on agents... been trying to give rome and papal states a +1 valour for emissaries, but no go.

Havok
02-15-2003, 14:07
Thanx Cugel..... i finally got it to work
The Gnome Editor made it very easy http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif