PDA

View Full Version : RTRVII, Europa Barborum, or Stainless Steel?

The Spartan (Returns)
08-13-2010, 04:23
Hello everyone. Bought a new 22"monitor, 500W PSU, and Radeon HD 5770 for my return to PC gaming which should be delivered hopefully tomorrow or early next week.

I was about to pull the trigger on NTW but when I saw this, I absolutely refused:
(skip to 8:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrWXRmMZU_Y&feature=related

So instead I decided to turn some Total War mods instead... and in the end I came up with these three (RTRVII, EB, SS). I need some help choosing from the three.

My priorities is the battle/campaign AI, so any mod that does better in that category will be well considered in my selection.

Cute Wolf
08-13-2010, 09:14
Install RTW and try EB... but if you allready have M2TWK, try TATW

The Spartan (Returns)
08-13-2010, 17:46
Install RTW and try EB... but if you allready have M2TWK, try TATWI have tried EB (1.1 or 1.2) long ago but it's been a while. I'd like to know how it compares to RTR's latest iteration if possible.

As much as I like the Third Age, I'm not so interested in downloading the mod yet. I have decided to install SS anyway.

So I guess I'm narrowing it down to RTRVII vs. EB. Any comparisions?

Cute Wolf
08-22-2010, 19:22
RTR VII are pretty good mod, but EB still have more depth and historical accuracy, not to mention far supperior battle system, my viewpoints should be a bit biased though, as I was an EB fan who allready try RTR, but never enjoy it at the same level of EB... not to mention that RTR produce a lot of CTD, compared with EB