PDA

View Full Version : let me fight my battles

alman9898
02-19-2003, 02:56
I've added the Swiss and Burgindians to my game. I'm having problems with both of them. First of all, king's units--the game says I start out wit Swiss Armored Pikemen/Royal Knights, but they don't show up. My king's unit is transferred to some other unit. Also, when I play as the Swiss, the king's unit (archers) goes up 5 men each year. Also, the game freezes when I try to battle those Burgundians. What has happened to my mod?

Red Harvest
02-19-2003, 20:49
Are archers set as a viable king/heir unit in the unit file for the Swiss? If not I would expect some sort of trouble. Probably want to make sure that the assigned king's unit is consistent with the unit file. Perhaps try a different kind of unit to see if the same problem occurs. Are you specifying archer for the unit is it defaulting to that? Thought one of the mod files mentions fixing a problem where the Swiss king was not placed on the map on the first turn (CA left him out by accident or some such?)

alman9898
02-19-2003, 23:28
All my king's heirs are the Swiss APs though. I've set the king unit to Swiss Ap too.

Red Harvest
02-20-2003, 16:49
Quote[/b] (alman9898 @ Feb. 19 2003,16:28)]All my king's heirs are the Swiss APs though. I've set the king unit to Swiss Ap too.
Are you saying that you haven't changed unit settings at all, and that the king/heirs should appear as SAP but are appearing as archers and that it adds 5 men per turn to the unit?

What period are you trying? I have not tried "high" but I tried "late" last night. All I did was set the faction to "major" in "late.txt"--actually I set some other factions to "major" as well, but not the Burgundians, and I added offices for the Aragonese and the Horde. I haven't had any trouble with it yet after ~50 years on a campaign as Swiss. Swiss ruler and heirs all appear as swiss armoured pikemen, 96 man units (97 with the king). If you deplete the king's unit in battle the game adds about 5 units per turn until you reach 97 again. It does the same for other factions as well.

I haven't tried modding "High" period. The factions pop up in "high" so I suspect it is going to conflict with some hard code if you try to set Burgundy and/or Swiss to "major" in "High". The Horde will probably have the same issue in High.

Lord Of Storms
02-20-2003, 18:36
I love the Swiss Pikemen and have modded my game to play as the Swiss and have learned alot about modding pretty much just the Early .txt file though it is lots of fun and my King and his heirs are all SAP'S http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif