PDA

View Full Version : Spain best units?

Rayne
08-28-2010, 17:48
Which units is the best in this categories?

1) Anti-Cavalry
2) Anti-Infantry
3) Anti-Missile

i' am playing as Spain for the first time

Bilgediver
08-29-2010, 22:28
I was trying to answer your question, but its hard to do it without knowing what your playing style is, what sort of armies do you prefer? If you're really good at light skirmishing troops, then early Spain or Portugal is definitely your thing. Almaguivars and Jinetes can tear into heavier units, and Jinetes can actually have a decent charge into enemies' flanks. Its fairly tough for Spain until you can upgrade Cordoba to a Fortress, getting DFK's, until then Spain has some weak-ass infantry, and you almost have to resort to skirmishing tactics exclusively. Spain is fun though, because if you play to the end of the time period, they get some of the best late-period units (one of the few factions to actually get musketeers), some awesome pikemen (produceable in Huge Cities, not just Citadels - Portuguese Aventuros), and the rip-roaring Basilisk cannon at the end. Mid-game, they get Pavise Crossbowmen, your standard DFK's and Chivalric Knights which are like slightly better DFK's. The knight house you get is the Knights of Santiago.

Bernal Diaz
08-31-2010, 17:20
Almaguivars are tough to hold against some of armored infantry (I had unit of Almaguivars to break armored swordsman, but at heavy cost) and Jinetes can inflict damages using darts and then do a good changes into back or flank. If enemy does not have missile units I let Jinetes to harass enemy heavy unit and draw them away from main battle, then destroy them one at a time.