PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explin this to me, please.

Brennus
09-14-2010, 13:33
https://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/Commios/?action=view&current=Brennus1.png

I have just started a new game as the Aedui (number 17 here we go!). In a desperate effort to expand into the Alpine regions in order to acquire some nice mines I decided to wittle down a Helvetian army using a collection of noble cavalry, veteran slingers and some levy spearman just in case I needed to run. I was surprised how well the plan worked and by a combination of slingers (who I dismissed once they had run out of ammo) and my noble cavalry seperating enemy units from their formation I managed to kill 73% of the enemy force for the loss of only 6% of my own army... and yet the Eleutheroi army won. Anyone else ever had this problem?

VIPERLORD
09-14-2010, 14:26
Play with battle time limit off

If u can't win in a stand up fight, run the enemy around, get them exhausted and let the slaughter commence

Valion
09-14-2010, 14:38
Yeah the Time Limit is a pain in the arse thus i always turn it off! IMO i think its unrealistic since battles in the past sometimes lasted for hours :D

Fluvius Camillus
09-14-2010, 18:50
About the Time Limit:

Long and cautious sieges = Time limit is a disaster.

Bugged AI battles where the enemy is supposed to attack you but doesn't. = You probably want it on, you might lose the battle because you were only able to win defensively.

~Fluvius

Brennus
09-14-2010, 19:09
See I expected to win that one even though I didn't manage to cause a full route, once the casualty proportion bar cmae up with "victory is a distinct possibility" I thought I was certain to win. Ah well.