PDA

View Full Version : So we get mod tools in the end.

Monsieur Alphonse
10-22-2010, 17:50
If they keep their promise

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2010/10/22/modtools/

Kagemusha
10-22-2010, 17:54
Well if this will become a reality.Then its wonderfull news!

Alexander the Pretty Good
10-22-2010, 19:22
Perfect.

Also these are the Napoleon mod tools, not shoggy deuce. And they might come out, depending on how shoggy deuce "progresses."

pevergreen
10-23-2010, 03:28
What about E:TW tools? I know its likely that they will work, but 2 years after release still no tools that we were promised, oh so early.

Compare that to something like Galaxy Editor. That thing can make basically anything...FPS, RTS, RTT, Chess, Arcade Games...

Swoosh So
10-23-2010, 10:19
Will believe it when i see it i guess most people will be thinking. I really hope their future mod plans include map editors that can be used for multiplayer.

A Nerd
10-23-2010, 17:10
This is good news indeed! Perhaps with the mod described there will be more in the future! Due to the game still being early in development and all!

a completely inoffensive name
10-26-2010, 01:36
If companies were smart they would have all work made by their mod tools be property of the mod maker but charge money for mods when they are released (essentially have the company be the only way to release a mod) with a portion going to the maker, company and publisher respectively. Community created DLC, companies get their money, we get mods. Win-win.

Husar
10-26-2010, 11:39
If companies were smart they would have all work made by their mod tools be property of the mod maker but charge money for mods when they are released (essentially have the company be the only way to release a mod) with a portion going to the maker, company and publisher respectively. Community created DLC, companies get their money, we get mods. Win-win.

You mean similar to AppStores on smartphones nowadays?
With similar prices (mostly ranging from 1-6€) I'd not be against that but I'm afraid companies that ask 2$ for one-new-skin-awesome-DLC-buy-now-! would want quite a lot of money for that, 30% of a dollar not being enough etc. :shrug:

a completely inoffensive name
10-27-2010, 17:40
You mean similar to AppStores on smartphones nowadays?
With similar prices (mostly ranging from 1-6€) I'd not be against that but I'm afraid companies that ask 2$ for one-new-skin-awesome-DLC-buy-now-! would want quite a lot of money for that, 30% of a dollar not being enough etc. :shrug:

30% of a dollar from 1,000 or 5,000 or even 10,000 adds up. Especially for people who would have just made the mod for free in the first place if there wasn't the system put in place.