PDA

View Full Version : Non Mafia Game Mystery of the Akatas Manor.

Seon
12-06-2010, 21:42
Ten little Injuns standin' in a line,
One toddled home and then there were nine;
Nine little Injuns swingin' on a gate,
One tumbled off and then there were eight.
One little, two little, three little, four little, five little Injun boys,
Six little, seven little, eight little, nine little, ten little Injun boys.
Eight little Injuns gayest under heav'n.
One went to sleep and then there were seven;
Seven little Injuns cuttin' up their tricks,
One broke his neck and then there were six.
Six little Injuns all alive,
One kicked the bucket and then there were five;
Five little Injuns on a cellar door,
One tumbled in and then there were four.
Four little Injuns up on a spree,
One got fuddled and then there were three;
Three little Injuns out on a canoe,
One tumbled overboard and then there were two.
Two little Injuns foolin' with a gun,
One shot t'other and then there was one;
One little Injun livin' all alone,
He got married and then there were none

When the storm clouds cleared and the island, inaccessible for such a long time, became accessible once more.

Yet the people of the island was nowhere to be found.

When the police came to investigate, no identifiable corpses of the dead were ever found in the mansion discovered on the island, but from the pieces of bodies found strewn about the mud, there was little doubt that they were all dead. All the people who lived on the island, along with the children, were dead. No clues that could shed light upon what had taken place on the island was ever found.

There were many of those who offered various theories. One suggested that it was a government conspiracy. Others have suggested that they blew themselves up. Others have yet claimed that demons from other planes came to this earth to punish the Akatas family for their evil, and to drag them back to hell. But is that really what happened?

Perhaps there still is a culprit to the crime. One who murdered all others and then, for inexplicable reason, disappeared from the face of the earth. But if there is, than only he would know the truth of this crime.

Hello thar.

I am currently trying to host an interactive fiction-esque game on this forum. As the intro suggests, it is trying to solve the mystery of the murders that take place on the island. Do not be fooled by the intro, that is what would happen if you get the one of the "bad" ending.

However, I would like to have some help with writing the story of this. I have the motive and the culprit, but it is the minute little details that I need help with... (like what the heck was that guy doing at the time of this or that)

Much of my inspiration comes from this visual novel (click here), (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni) including parts of the setting and the basic mechanics of the "game." So it's kind of spoileresque. SO DON'T READ IT :p

Beefy187
12-07-2010, 23:23
Only read which visual novel your inspiration came from. Nothing more.
I hope this is solvable. Unlike Higurashi was :p

I'm definitely interested.

Seon
12-07-2010, 23:58
I'll try to make it solvable. Higurashi is definately solvable. You just need a really really large gas bomb. The rest of the scenes are lies. :p

Seon
12-22-2010, 06:14
I am actually wondering. How about instead of a single mega-mystery that kills everyone, what about a single isolated case? Instead of having a GM that makes all the mysteries, how about each players taking turns to craft their own mystery/perfect crime?

It sounds like a good idea.