View Full Version : New shogun2 Video 10/12/2010

Swoosh So
12-10-2010, 02:11
Have some of that!

http://vimeo.com/17432882

Wonder if thats jeff's music playing

Togakure
12-10-2010, 03:29
Sounds like Jeff's stuff. Seems like the victor faces the castle but gets shot in the back with arrows. His sword's tsuba looks like the highly commercialized "Musashi" style, so I guess this was a very late battle, unless there is prior history in regard to it. When I google, all I get is replicas for sale and haven't found any solid info about that particular guard style yet. Nice video. Faces and subtle hand movements are impressive. Atmospherics also.

Phog_of_War
12-10-2010, 03:31
Woah. Great find Swoosh. Is it March 15th yet? Realtime UK has done some great CG/Mo-Cap work for the Shogun in-game movies.
But it would upset me if I sent my Hero out to fight my enemies and, after my guy wins he is shot in the back by archers.

Honorless snakes! I will make you all run like whipped dogs!!

Gregoshi
12-10-2010, 05:37
Nice!! The music was awesome.

Husar
12-10-2010, 11:45
Aww, it tells me the video was deleted. :no:

pevergreen
12-10-2010, 13:03
Sorry, "Shogun Teaser Trailer" was deleted at 4:25:28 Fri Dec 10, 2010.

:(

Phog_of_War
12-10-2010, 17:28
Aww what? Try the Realtime UK website.

Hmm. It seems that it was removed from that site as well.

It starts out with a part of a vid that you've seen already where the general slams his knife into the map of Japan. Pan back to him sitting on his chair in the command camp with a bunch of units around him and its snowing. He holds up an order paddle and the Hero steps forward to challange the champion of the castle that they are attacking.
A CG fight ensues and the winter landscape slowly changes to late spring with cherry blossoms falling from the trees and the 2 opposing armies dissapear so its just the 2 combatants. One with a katana and the other with a spear. The katana wielding samurai wins the fight and as he is walking back to his lines in victory, he is shot in the back from archers in the castle. This enrages the commander because the action was honorless, and he launches his full scale frontal attack on the walls of the castle.
As the army rushes forward, a few men felled by arrows to the right and left, they reach the walls and then the S-H-O-G-U-N-2 logo comes up and it was over.

I did as best I could but it pales in comparision to the epic teaser vid that was up there. Maybe a look around YouTube would produce results.

Phog_of_War
12-10-2010, 17:35
Boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHSa_etnN9o

Sp00n
12-10-2010, 19:32
thanks Swoosh and Phog for reposting nice cinematic :)

Swoosh So
12-11-2010, 00:48
copyright infringement from sega on youtube, take it whoever posted this initially was a naughty boy and sega and ca werent ready for this to be released..

Phog_of_War
12-11-2010, 07:49
Weak.