PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game Order Of The Stick Mafia [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Diamondeye
01-12-2011, 16:35
Welcome to...
Order Of The Stick Mafia!

This Small Mafia Game is going to take place in the universe of the D&D-esque world of the Webcomic Order of the Stick. I must say in advance, though, that the game will be in an alternative timeline compared to the comic, breaking off from the "real" story of OotS around midways thought the story arc taking place in Azure City.

Also, before we get further: Even though the game is in an alternate reality, the game may be spoilerish for those who have not read up and until around strip 500 of the webcomic; Many of the characters will be from the Azure City story arc. I advice everyone who wants to play to read the comic to this point before the game starts, since it's a great work of art and having some of the surprises spoiled by this game would be sad.

Another note on characters: All of the characters will be recognizable from the webcomic, although I am arranging it so that a few main characters will be missing (no-one will know who), and there is a good share of minor characters (up to and including one-strip wonders). This means that you cannot count on any single character being in the game without having seen them mentioned in the updates or having the role yourself.

Some other rules info I want to get out of the way:
Quoting Personal Messages from the host is only allowed in public!
Captured images and screenshots are not allowed, ever!
Traditional formats of voting apply; vote:name, unvote; vote: name, and there is no no lynch option (but one can abstain).
Being active in (and maybe outside) the thread and voting is paramount. Inactivity will get you Wrath Of God'ed, to the detriment of your team.
I am expecting night phases of 24 hours; the day phases will probably be 24 hours as well, but may occassionally be extended another 24 hours.

Also, mainly to entertain myself (and the audience), I will occassionally be inserting links in the writeups (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PotHole), not to music clips like some of my fellow Game Hosts, but to TVTropes.
So be warned (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife).

With that said, once again welcome to Order Of The Stick Mafia
- Cue the dramatic intro!

Lord Shojo was sitting in his throne, his eyes narrow. To the common outlooker (were there any), it would look like he was sleeping, but the old aristocrat was actually peering through the tiny lid openings, always alert of any dangers that the darkness of the Throne Hall might hold at night. A few torches were burning, but the vast locale was all but dark, and apart from the guards at the Palace entrance, Shojo was alone (apart from his cat, of course).

Or so he thought: Stepping out from the darkness just in front of him was a Dark Elf, his long white hair flowing elegantly behind him and lightening up in the dark room, and his scimitars glistening in the darkness. "So," Shojo moaned, "This is my killer? Have I staved off legions of assassins and outside invaders to fall at the hand of someone who clearly should be behind bars for copyright infringement of another fantasy series (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OverusedCopycatCharacter?from=Main.DrizztSyndrome)? I bet your name has a double-Z (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XtremeKoolLetterz) in it somewh-"
"Now let's not talk about silly names, old man, because yours is not the most masculine, I must say. Scream, Shojo, like a little girl!"
The figure attacked even as the last syllable left his tongue, and the old aristocrat could do nothing to deflect the attack. He did manage a gurgling yell for 'guards', but he knew that they would never arrive in time...

In his dying moments, Shojo's eyes lit up with an unexpected calm, and to his attacker, it was as if something azure reflected in his eyes. As the Dark Elf began climbing the throne to secure the Sapphire mounted on it, a voice came from behind him, its tone as hard and unforgiving as justice itself.

"Turn and face me, assassin!"
The voice was so that the Drow found himself face-to-face with his enemy before even questioning the command. In the Darkness, the azure cape hid the features of the newcomer, but it was clear to see that whoever stood before him was a Paladin of much power and with a clear idea of what was about to happen. The azure-clad warrior unsheathed its weapons; a katana and a wakisashi gleamed in the shallow lighting of the room. The drow backed into the wall behind the throne; there was nowhere to hide (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OhCrap).

"In the name of the Twelve Gods..."
The samurai lifted her weapons to strike, and the Drow raised a feeble parade.
"SMITE EVIL!"
The pair of scimitars clattered against the marble floor, followed by the dumb sound as the body of Lord Shojo's assassin collapsed, bereft of any life.

Some hours later, a Red Dawn would herald the events of the night, and panic would arise...

Sign-Ups (17):
Seon
Autolycus
Cecil XIX
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
Winston Hughes
Glenn
God Emperor
Double A
Secura
Robbiecon
Captain Blackadder
Yaropolk
pevergreen
AskThePizzaGuy

Seon
01-12-2011, 17:02
In!

autolycus
01-12-2011, 17:17
In!

Cecil XIX
01-12-2011, 17:35
In.

Romanic
01-12-2011, 18:10
Oooh, Seon is in.

I'm in!

*cackle*

Diamondeye
01-12-2011, 18:12
Oooh, Seon is in.

I'm in!

*cackle*

I actually read your comment and was just about to prod you in this direction :laugh4:

Beskar
01-12-2011, 19:30
Sign me up, Bakerboy.

ULC
01-12-2011, 20:44
In please.

Renata
01-12-2011, 23:47
In!

Winston Hughes
01-12-2011, 23:51
The chance to RP as Thog?

Oh yeah!

Double A
01-13-2011, 00:01
https://i.imgur.com/fm6NK.png?6623

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/vlAD0nC4aoCHrBpMgkN.gif

Askthepizzaguy
01-13-2011, 07:37
I can be in this one if you need me.

PershsNhpios
01-13-2011, 08:25
N ma ii

God Emperor
01-13-2011, 08:54
Well yeah , In :bow:

Diamondeye
01-13-2011, 12:56
Double A; Is that a sign up?

Pizza; Is that a "yes" or a "let others play instead of me if they want to"?

Double A
01-13-2011, 13:16

Click the pic. :brood:

Diamondeye
01-13-2011, 13:21
Click the pic. :brood:

The reason I ask; I see no picture.

Double A
01-13-2011, 13:29
The reason I ask; I see no picture.

The crap?

Well I changed my post a bit.

Diamondeye
01-13-2011, 13:31
I see the "IN!" picture now. The link beneath it links to a page which comes up with error #403: Acces Forbidden.

You don't have permission to access /comics/images/vlAD0nC4aoCHrBpMgkN.gif on this server.

Askthepizzaguy
01-13-2011, 15:10

Why can't it be both? :laugh4:

Secura
01-13-2011, 15:27
In.

Diamondeye
01-13-2011, 15:31
Why can't it be both? :laugh4:

It can. I just want to be sure you're fine with another player getting your spot if there are enough interested people.

By the way; There will be 17 players in total, the maximum number for a small game.

classical_hero
01-14-2011, 18:25
I can be in this one if you need me.
Ditto.

robbiecon
01-14-2011, 19:33
Thought I was late. Count me In, please!

PershsNhpios
01-14-2011, 22:04
In out In out In

Begin the Bequine!

Captain Blackadder
01-16-2011, 01:49
in please

pevergreen
01-16-2011, 05:09
Not sure if there is room, but if you'll have me, in

Yaropolk
01-16-2011, 05:11
Count me in

edit: i hate you pever

pevergreen
01-16-2011, 06:48
edit: i hate you pever

Join the club.

You had days buddy, I didn't sign up 3 days ago because I wasn't sure of the power situation here. :tongue:

Diamondeye
01-16-2011, 11:36
You're both in; ATPG and Classical_Hero both signed up as "if needed", so one of them will cede their spot for you.

Now, while I finish the role PMs; ATPG and CH, armwrestle for the final spot!

No, seriously, if you guys want to agree on who goes, do so. Otherwise, I'm picking ATPG as he was the first of you two.

Diamondeye
01-16-2011, 16:07
The game is starting!

The next morning, everyone in the palace were gathered together in the Throne Room where the scene from the previous night was untouched, now visible in the light of day. Lord Hinjo, Shojo's nephew, commander of the Sapphire Guard, and the new leader of Azure City itself faced them with a grave face and a hard voice.

"In the dark of night, my beloved uncle Shojo, leader of our proud city and beloved by The Twelve Gods, was murdered as he was about to retire. While it seems that one of his loyal paladins arrived at the scene in time to slay the culprit who committed the crime, his life is forfeit. Furthermore, upon studying the corpse of the attacker, I have learned that he appears to be a member of a band of criminals known as The Linear Guild. Since none have left or entered the palace since my uncle's death, the allies of this henious murderer must still be among us.

"I have ordered the guards to shut every exit from the Palace. The culprits will be found and dealt with, then and only then can any of us leave this building. I hope you will all see to it that justice is brought to the guilty."

It is now day 1! Night comes in roughly 30 hours!

Role PMs are being sent out during the next 15-20 minutes.
In your PM, you will notice a "Combat Strength" stat. The use of this stat is twofold; It determines whether you will be able to survive an attack (By equalling or besting the attacker's strength), and it is used to determine when the game is over. The mafia need not necessarily overpower the town, as long as the combined strength of the mafia is above that of the remaining town players alive

Alive (17):
Seon
Autolycus
Cecil XIX
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
Winston Hughes
Glenn
God Emperor
Double A
Secura
Robbiecon
Captain Blackadder
Yaropolk
pevergreen
AskThePizzaGuy

EDIT: All Role PMs have now been sent out. If you have any questions, please PM them to me

Double A
01-16-2011, 16:53
I hate you for linking me to TV Tropes.

Diamondeye
01-16-2011, 16:56
I hate you for linking me to TV Tropes.

Alas, you all share the same fate :shame: I hope you don't forget to post here altogether :tongue:

Winston Hughes
01-16-2011, 17:42
vote: ATPG

Snarf

autolycus
01-16-2011, 18:07
vote: Winston Hughes
There are no Snarfs in OotS. It must be a cover role!

God Emperor
01-16-2011, 19:46
Vote: YLC

Seon
01-16-2011, 19:58
Vote: DOUBLE A, because he's Nale.

Double A
01-16-2011, 20:34
vote: Seon, because he's Xykon.

Askthepizzaguy
01-16-2011, 20:59
vote: ATPG

Snarf

Vote: Winston Hughes

OMGUSnarf.

Romanic
01-16-2011, 21:41
vote: Seon

Romanic
01-16-2011, 22:57
I never read the Order of the Stick comics before. Those are awesome! I can't stop reading them now! :applause:

Secura
01-16-2011, 23:19
vote: Cecil XIX

Winston Hughes
01-16-2011, 23:23
OMGUSnarf.

thog likes snarf, thog not like meanie pizza man

pevergreen
01-17-2011, 02:37
Vote: Romanic

Funny avatar.

Diamondeye
01-17-2011, 08:59
I never read the Order of the Stick comics before. Those are awesome! I can't stop reading them now! :applause:

According to plan!

Current tally is:
Winston Hughes, Seon: 2
YLC, Cecil XIX, Romanic, Double A, AskThePizzaGuy: 1

AskThePizzaGuy: Winston Hughes
Autolycus: Winston Hughes
Double A: Seon
God Emperor: YLC
pevergreen: Romanic
Romanic: Seon
Secura: Cecil XIX
Seon: Double A
Winston Hughes: AskThePizzaGuy

The rounds ends in just around 13 hours.

PershsNhpios
01-17-2011, 10:25
I am against a tie vote in such a small game as this. Especially since we should know better considering the course of CoV.

Have a snarf at that.

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 10:37
How much do you want to bet Seon and Winston are both innocent?

unvote, vote: Cecil XIX

PershsNhpios
01-17-2011, 10:38
How much do you want to bet that Cecil isn't? Are you arguing against me? Would you rather have two likely innocents lynched?

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 10:43
How much do you want to bet that Cecil isn't? Are you arguing against me? Would you rather have two likely innocents lynched?

No, but the round isn't quite over yet and there's time for people to move their votes.

IMO the low vote totals indicate that the mafia aren't being voted for, or if so, heavily, and therefore they are staying quiet and keeping their heads down.

I'd rather vote for someone who fits those criteria, and push the lynch in a direction of my own choosing. I feel if my assumption (heads down mafia) is correct, the odds of victory increase with this move.

Do as you will; I wasn't really talking to you specifically.

PershsNhpios
01-17-2011, 10:54
Right, now I can see your post in a different light.

Yes what you say makes sense but of course all theories similar to yours tend to fall short when faced with inactivity, which I think is the problem here.

If I were to pick the scummiest player so far I would say Romanic, and yet Romanic has appeared scum-like to me in three games successively now, and I am starting to wonder if he is just natively anti-town in his style.

Maybe something will rear it's head in the next 10 hours.

Renata
01-17-2011, 12:37
You can vote me. I keep killing Romanic, like three games in the past few weeks. Okay, I was mafia in two of them. But still.

vote: Cecil

Romanic
01-17-2011, 16:04
Let's shuffle some votes and see what happens?

unvote, vote: YLC

Romanic
01-17-2011, 16:15
If I were to pick the scummiest player so far I would say Romanic, and yet Romanic has appeared scum-like to me in three games successively now, and I am starting to wonder if he is just natively anti-town in his style.

*rofl*

Why do you find me scummy?

Again, just like in CoV, you are throwing accusations without saying why. What a shame that you are still alive in that game, so I cannot figure if that behavior is Scummy Glenn or Town Glenn.

My posts so far, before that "accusation", are not exactly full of scumtells I believe. Let's check them together, shall we?

So, how do you figure me as "the scummiest player so far", from these posts only?

I want an explanation. Throwing suspicions without backing your words, is scummy.

Romanic
01-17-2011, 16:22
Actually, if someone feels like it, I wouldn't mind pressuring, and even lynch Glenn, immediately, but I feel that my vote is more useful on YLC. If someone votes for Glenn, I will switch immediately. If 2 players vote Glenn, I'll throw in a little jig.

ULC
01-17-2011, 16:46
Vote: Glenn

Romanic
01-17-2011, 16:52
Although it makes me uneasy that YLC is the one voting Glenn, I will stick to my words.

unvote, vote: Glenn

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 16:52
Nice timing of course, but it seems that we also arrived at such a conclusion via speaking privately. Didn't even see your post until YLC pointed it out to me.

I kind of agree, because of the following best-case-I-can-think-of-day-one:

No one seemed to care if Winston or Seon got lynched, except Glenn. No one seemed to care if Cecil got lynched. Glenn's the only one who seems to be paying close attention to the first round voting, and who is getting lynched.

It might indicate apprehension. :shrug:

I think tactically it's the better move. But really, this is still a shot in the dark.

Romanic
01-17-2011, 16:58
I promised a little jig.

:elephant:

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 17:06
You know it's really sad when caring about the game is a sign of scummery.

My opinion of townies in general is at an all-time low. Help me reverse that.

Romanic
01-17-2011, 17:09
I hear you. The Town has not won in the last 8 games, since ATPG mafia. It's time to reverse this trend.

autolycus
01-17-2011, 17:15
Well, town has won every CoV game, so one trend has to break when that ends :)

robbiecon
01-17-2011, 17:42
Vote: Glenn

God Emperor
01-17-2011, 17:48
ATPG is right though, activity has been missing a lot in the last many games.
I think Glenn might not be the best lynch.. it is ofc day one and thus not many 'good' lynches, but imo he is acting just like he does in the other game I have seen him in. Any reason why you decide to bandwagon him further robbiecon?

Beskar
01-17-2011, 18:36

He lies even when innocent, his word can never be trusted.

Romanic
01-17-2011, 19:08
Nice timing of course, but it seems that we also arrived at such a conclusion via speaking privately. Didn't even see your post until YLC pointed it out to me.

I kind of agree, because of the following best-case-I-can-think-of-day-one:

No one seemed to care if Winston or Seon got lynched, except Glenn. No one seemed to care if Cecil got lynched. Glenn's the only one who seems to be paying close attention to the first round voting, and who is getting lynched.

It might indicate apprehension. :shrug:

I think tactically it's the better move. But really, this is still a shot in the dark.

I had time to think while I was away, and I want to come back to this post.

I am assuming that by "speaking privately" you mean, YLC and you. If not, please correct me.

If you are openly admitting private talks with YLC to lynch Glenn, that means you two are probably not both mafia, or that would giving away a big clue, so I am interested to know how this conversation started. Who talked first? Who suggested that Glenn is suspect?

I think that revealing this info is important because it could be an attempt to save the leading candidate (Cecil at the time), or it could be the mafia trying to manipulate the tally (YLC with 2 votes was getting scared maybe :laugh4:). Anyway, we need more details before one of you two dies.

You know it's really sad when caring about the game is a sign of scummery.

My opinion of townies in general is at an all-time low. Help me reverse that.
Well, I am not voting for Glenn because he's "caring about the game". You might be... but that's not how I understood your vote the first time. It seemed you were voting Glenn because he pushed WH ahead of the tally, thus appearing to care about who was being lynched (at the time, Cecil, who was tied at 2-2 with WH).

Caring about the game should never be a scum tell, or our games will turn into lurking crapshoots.

Renata
01-17-2011, 19:19
I hear you. The Town has not won in the last 8 games, since ATPG mafia. It's time to reverse this trend.

Has it really been that long? *boggles*

Romanic
01-17-2011, 19:22
I think Glenn might not be the best lynch.. it is ofc day one and thus not many 'good' lynches, but imo he is acting just like he does in the other game I have seen him in. Any reason why you decide to bandwagon him further robbiecon?

And by "other games" you mean only Council of Villains? Because if that's your only reference, it's a null-tell as we don't know his alignment in this game yet.

Edit: Ah, after reading your post a 2nd time, I realize you wrote "in the other game", singular. So you meant "only CoV". My point is still valid.

Double A
01-17-2011, 19:24
Has it really been that long? *boggles*

Hey, I told everyone to vote Chaotix...

(Pizza does that 8 loss streak include TWC?)

Winston Hughes
01-17-2011, 19:37
Can you find a replacement for me, DE?

Beskar has made it clear that he's going to take events in Chaotix's game personally and so act in the worst spirit of metagaming here, and I simply can't be bothered to put up with it.

@Beskar
I'll be waiting for your apology when the truth is revealed.

robbiecon
01-17-2011, 20:05

I made the vote in between lectures, so it was boot up the laptop, briefly scanned the top half of the second page, look at the list, and random vote someone who hadn't been voted for at a lynch tally I read, where Winston and Seon I think had 2 each.

However now I've gotten around to reading the thread, I'm still happy with my vote.

Beskar
01-17-2011, 20:07
I am not even going to attempt to defend myself against that statement when it was clearly a first round joke vote.

Diamondeye
01-17-2011, 20:09
Can you find a replacement for me, DE?

I have asked Classical_Hero if he wants to replace you :bow:

Just below two hours left of the voting, guys.

EDIT: Tally as of this post:

Glenn: 4 (AskThePizzaGuy, Robbiecon, Romanic, YLC)
Winston Hughes: 3 (Autolycus, Beskar, Glenn)
Cecil XIX: 2 (Renata, Secura)
YLC, Romanic, Double A, Seon, AskThePizzaGuy: 1 (God Emperor; pevergreen; Seon; Double A; Winston Hughes)

Not voting: Captain Blackadder, Cecil XIX, Yaropolk

Winston Hughes
01-17-2011, 20:14
I have asked Classical_Hero if he wants to replace you :bow:

Thanks. :bow:

Romanic
01-17-2011, 20:18
I think Winston should stay because he's a good player and I want him by my side (if he's Town).

So I use my replacement veto. WH is staying :smash:

Secura
01-17-2011, 20:23
I'd urge you to reconsider WH, but it's difficult to change your mind once you commit to something; I hope you decide to stick around anyway. :3

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 20:33
I had time to think while I was away, and I want to come back to this post.

I am assuming that by "speaking privately" you mean, YLC and you. If not, please correct me

Yes, and God Emperor, actually.

If you are openly admitting private talks with YLC to lynch Glenn, that means you two are probably not both mafia, or that would giving away a big clue, so I am interested to know how this conversation started. Who talked first? Who suggested that Glenn is suspect?

I was talking to YLC and God Emperor and pevergreen about my car getting stolen, in one chat. That's how the convo got started; why them was because they were the only ones online at the time and I needed to vent about my RL frustration with humanity and talk my way through the headache.

After that, I noticed YLC hadn't voted yet and so I prompted him to do so; he said he didn't know who to vote for and I explained I thought the current vote setup smelled of being good for the mafia as the vote was close, and it was sitting that way for a long time. Mafia tend to react before the round is over (this early in the game anyway) to save a scum buddy by getting a new suspect out there. The limited, if any, activity in-thread indicated to me that the mafia were happy with the current lynch choices.

We mulled the candidates and thought Glenn deserved pressure, I agreed because it was someone different and unexpected and Glenn has been focused on the game whereas the townies don't seem to be.

I think that revealing this info is important because it could be an attempt to save the leading candidate (Cecil at the time), or it could be the mafia trying to manipulate the tally (YLC with 2 votes was getting scared maybe :laugh4:). Anyway, we need more details before one of you two dies.

YLC probably wouldn't have even noticed he had 2 votes until I told him. He wasn't even going to vote this round.

I would bet my head that YLC is innocent. This is how he behaves as townie; he cares a lot more when he's mafia, and act aggressively. He waits things out and tries to vote carefully as town, at least in the early game.

Well, I am not voting for Glenn because he's "caring about the game". You might be... but that's not how I understood your vote the first time. It seemed you were voting Glenn because he pushed WH ahead of the tally, thus appearing to care about who was being lynched (at the time, Cecil, who was tied at 2-2 with WH).

That's what I mean, essentially.

Giving a darn about the outcome of the round = caring about the game.

All the other players seemed rather apathetic about who got lynched.

Caring about the game should never be a scum tell, or our games will turn into lurking crapshoots.

Still, the fun-ness or not-fun-ness of the result shouldn't affect the validity of the logic.

Diamondeye
01-17-2011, 22:22
Day 1 is over!
Let's lynch someone!

The day passed rather quietly; Lord Hinjo seemed a bit disappointed at the lack of dedication to the quest that laid ahead of them, and the self-sufficient and unempathic air of the player characters. "Well," he thought as he tallied the votes up at the end of day, "I hope they will realize now what a grave situation this is."

The denizens all gathered in front of Hinjo in the Throne Room; While he had already been coroned the new Lord of the city, he denied seating himself in the throne until the villains were caught. It was not a time of rest, it was a time of action.

With resolution in his voice, he stepped forward, and as the room fell silent and everyone looked at him in anticipation, he started: "First of all, I would like to say that there are a few of you that have been entirely too silent today, and have not even voted. You are not contributing in the search for the culprits; If you have not spoken up by sundown tomorrow, you are to be executed alongside whoever we deem guilty. That is to say, unless we can end this right here..."

There was a collective gasp as Hinjo looked down at the records of the votes for the day. He looked back up and called out in a loud voice. "Haley Starshine, please come forward."
There was a shuffle in the back of the crowd. No-one stepped forward.

"Do not make us give chase, Haley. There is nowhere to run, and you know it. We will give you a nice, clean death, and your corpse will be stored so you can be ressurrected if you are found innocent."
For some reason, this didn't sound too reassuring, but nevertheless, Glenn stepped forward, her head heavy against her chest. She stopped in front of Hinjo.

"Kneel."
A moment passed in lethal silence. Then Haley knelt, slow and insecure. "But... I... I'm innocent. And what about Elan, my love..."
She looked back into the crowd, her eyes blind with tears. Softly, Hinjo turned her head back and lifted her ponytail off her neck. "In the name of justice!"

The hall fell grimly silent as Haley's head hit the floor with a hollow thump. Somewhere in the small crowd, Elan cried out in anguish, but was restrained by faceless figures besides him.

Hinjo looked at the others.
"Pray that we catch the culprits soon, that we will not have reason to bereave any more sore hearts."

Glenn was Haley Starshine of the Order of the Stick!
She was innocent!

Glenn: 4 (AskThePizzaGuy, Robbiecon, Romanic, YLC)
Winston Hughes: 3 (Autolycus, Beskar, Glenn)
Cecil XIX: 2 (Renata, Secura)
YLC, Romanic, Double A, Seon, AskThePizzaGuy: 1 (God Emperor; pevergreen; Seon; Double A; Winston Hughes)

Not voting: Captain Blackadder, Cecil XIX, Yaropolk

It is now night 1! People with nighttime abilities should send in their orders!
Day breaks in roughly 24 hours!

Cecil XIX
01-17-2011, 22:33
ATPG, I think the lack of activity had more to with it being the first round than anything else. There's not much evidence pointing one way or the other, and most votes cast are either joke votes or are the result of random.org. It's easy to just write the first day off and just wait for the next one. But having thought about what you said, that just makes it easier for the mafia to blend in. It's too late to vote, but FOS: Cecil XIX, Cpt. Blackadder & Yaropolk. If nothing else, lynching the inactive is a good way to get the Mafia talking.

Romanic
01-17-2011, 22:35
That's bad. Haley is one of the 6 members forming the Order of the Stick, so I'm expecting it was an important role. Next time an OotS member is about to be lynched: please claim.

(* If you don't know who they are: Haley, Roy, Durkon, Elan, Vaarsuvius and Belkar).

Glenn, you should have claimed. Sadly, I think you never got online in time to see you were leading the votes. Meh.

Diamondeye
01-17-2011, 22:41
As it should be clear from the writeup, not voting in two consecutive phases means WrathOfGiant. That same penalty applies if you are too lax with voting in general but have no two consecutive misses.

Also, should there be a lurker out there who wants to join; I may or may not need a replacement player. Please write here or PM me if you're interested and you might be able to join in.

Askthepizzaguy
01-17-2011, 22:51
Why do you FOS yourself, Cecil XIX? You know that angries up my blood.

classical_hero
01-17-2011, 23:44
Due to my sad death in CoV, I now have time to take over WH's role.

Renata
01-18-2011, 02:23
*is sad Panda* (about Winston leaving) :(

Is it allowed to talk after death in this game?

Romanic
01-18-2011, 02:30
*is sad Panda* (about Winston leaving) :(

Why? Are you trying to figure if it's a good idea to kill an active townie on night 1? :grin:

I would think it's allowed, it usually is on the Org.

PershsNhpios
01-18-2011, 06:31
See Romanic, that is why I considered you scummy. For better or worse on your part, you seem to unconsciously assist the Mafia as much as possible.

You've done well this time, they'll give you some sort of medal probably.

I'll remember your playstyle for next time.

Romanic
01-18-2011, 06:58
See Romanic, that is why I considered you scummy. For better or worse on your part, you seem to unconsciously assist the Mafia as much as possible.

You've done well this time, they'll give you some sort of medal probably.

I'll remember your playstyle for next time.

:laugh4: OKAY.

I won't comment that post, even if it's totally undeserved. I get it, you don't like to be lynched on day 1. Neither do I.

Diamondeye
01-18-2011, 13:11

Talking after death is allowed.

Revealing role information and night results are NOT allowed after death. As is usual, I believe.

Renata
01-18-2011, 15:16
Why? Are you trying to figure if it's a good idea to kill an active townie on night 1? :grin:

Now there's an idea. *takes notes*

Thanks, DE.

Double A
01-18-2011, 19:25
Perish the thought.

Diamondeye
01-18-2011, 22:34
Night 1 ends
Result PMs will be sent out after the update

When night had fallen, the wide corridors of the large palace were strangely silent. Almost everyone had gone to sleep alone or with their comrades in one of the many rooms of the palace.

Not Double A, however. No matter the size of the crisis, Double A knew his job as a guard meant he had to be out there, actually guarding something. He might even apprehend one of the culprits!

He was already imagining the praise he would get for a succesful delivery of the Linear Guild to Lord Hinjo when a figure approached him. Double A lifted his halberd and focused, at once completely awake. As the figure came closer, he could make out the shape of a beautiful lady.

"Ma'am, not to be of any inconvenience, but it's really not safe to wander about on your own here at night."
"That's a clever boy! You're absolutely right!"
"Then, please, ma'am, go back to your chamber. What are you-"
The lady had smoothed her way over to the guardsman and was now leaning against him. Double A was perplexed."
"What are you doing, ma'am?", he finally stammered.
"Well, since it's dangerous to go out alone, why don't you accompany me-"
"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I-"
"- TO HELL!"
With that, the lady suddenly pulled a knife out and violently stabbed Double A. He could do little to defend himself, and soon collapsed on the floor."

Double A was That guy with a Halberd!
He was innocent!

Winston Hughes was lying drunk in a desolate chamber, a bottle in his hand. He pondered his fate; that of a faceless assistant whose finest job was teleporting service for those of higher rank. And now he was inside a spell-secure palace with no way out. It did not behave him one bit. And recently, he had had this strange headache, as if there was sometihng wrong with him...
He hardly noticed the Paladin who stepped into his chamber. Her azure robes swirled around her, and she held her katana against his neck.
"Why are you here, criminal scum?"
"I don't know why I'm here, miss, it's not like anyone needs a portal to anywhere."
"So you know about the portal? That proves it! Prepare to die, culprit!"
"But, I, well, at least allow me to drink up, will you?"
She wouldn't.

Winston Hughes/Classical Hero was the Wizard on teleport duty!
He/they were innocent!

... When they gathered again in the morning in the Throne Room, the group quickly noticed that two faces were missing. They eyed each other with suspicion, and Hinjo faced them and said with a grave voice: "We must hurry and find those behind this!"

It is now Day 2!
Night falls in roughly 23½ hour!

Captain Blackadder, Cecil XIX and Yaropolk need to vote unless they want to be WoG'ed!

Alive (14):
Seon
Autolycus
Cecil XIX
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
God Emperor
Secura
Robbiecon
Captain Blackadder
Yaropolk
pevergreen
AskThePizzaGuy

Diamondeye
01-18-2011, 22:40
There was a mix-up in the writeup, and it has been changed now, but anyone who are e-mail subscribed, please delete any eventual mail as it contains the name of another role in the game!

autolycus
01-18-2011, 22:44
Deleted because I spotted info I shouldn't have. Diamondeye, let me know if you want me to repost it.

Beskar
01-18-2011, 22:45
FoS: Renata, Romanic, et al

For attempting to frame me by killing Winston/Classical_Hero.

autolycus
01-18-2011, 22:48
vote:Romanic I blame you for Glenn's death.

Romanic
01-18-2011, 22:52
Beskar crying about a frame attempt and Autolycus outright voting for me because I pushed to lynch Glenn.. Both are just too easy if you ask me.

Beskar was probably not framed, but I can see him killing WH so we believe he was framed.

God Emperor
01-18-2011, 23:02
I fail to see how the death of classialc hero can be a frame attempt on you Beskar.. it seems more like it's the other way around and you are trying to frame others.
oh .. apparently Romanic wrote just the same.

Askthepizzaguy
01-18-2011, 23:07

Vote: Autolycus

I blame you for blaming Romanic for Glenn's death.

Secura
01-18-2011, 23:09

Of all the low posters, you sticks out to me the most; you're usually extremely chatty, how come you've only posted once so far? o_O'

Diamondeye
01-18-2011, 23:15
Major apology

I got the order of attackers wrong. The attackers are shown attacking the target of the other attacker.

I will fix this immidiately. Wow, what a braindead thing to do.

Apologies once again.

Diamondeye
01-18-2011, 23:28
The writeup has been fixed

Everything should be in order now. I apologize to those concerned, but there should be no serious harm done; The identity of the attackers should be just as (un-?)clear from this writeup as from the wrong one which has now been edited out.

Renata
01-18-2011, 23:56
Miko's been a bad, bad girl.

Renata
01-19-2011, 00:08

Of all the low posters, you sticks out to me the most; you're usually extremely chatty, how come you've only posted once so far? o_O'

Seon's extremely chatty? Since when?

Secura
01-19-2011, 00:12
Well, I say usually but that's pretty much based on Council of Villains, the only game in recent memory that I can remember him in; I'm not sure whether it's because he was a proven townie or whether it was just his usual disposition, but he struck me as having alot to say at any rate.

My point is that he seems like a good contributer, and yet he's only posted a vote in the first phase, that's it; it struck me as off.

Double A
01-19-2011, 00:17
(#%@)**)@#)*%*)#%@*)^!!!!!!!!!

That's the third game I'm been killed in the past week.

robbiecon
01-19-2011, 00:19
3 ain't bad, but I was killed in 5 within 36 hours over the last few days.

Double A
01-19-2011, 00:20
You win?

I'm only in four (well, one now)

God Emperor
01-19-2011, 00:26
Vote: Beskar

I don't think Seon is ever a big contributer.. well perhaps of a thousand of images per game.. but from what I have seen of him he will usually catch up on that later on in the game.

pevergreen
01-19-2011, 00:36
Vote: Beskar

As if you need to defend yourself from a fake frame.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 00:43
I had a visitor last night and I'm very curious to learn more about what happened. I'd like to speak with that player, to get a better idea about all this.

Of course I'm not expecting this person to trust me, and I cannot offer any proof obviously, but you can talk to me, I am Town, just like you are (well probably).

Romanic
01-19-2011, 02:00
vote: Yaropolk

Where o where are you hiding?

I see you post, everywhere but here.

classical_hero
01-19-2011, 08:28
I become a replacement player and I get killed before I even get my role PM, come on, at least let me live for one day. :bigcry:

Captain Blackadder
01-19-2011, 14:34
That is just plain old mean mr mafia.

Yaropolk
01-19-2011, 16:56
vote: Yaropolk

Where o where are you hiding?

I see you post, everywhere but here.

Where do you see me posting? 8 pm is family time! Anyway I will vote:abstain until we see something more concrete

Renata
01-19-2011, 17:06
FoS: Renata, Romanic, et al

For attempting to frame me by killing Winston/Classical_Hero.

Do you really think that Romanic or I would play that way, based on a grudge? I don't think your contention that you could have been framed is completely out of the realm of possibility in the "ooh, there's a connection between Beskar and WH; let's kill WH and see what happens" sort of sense, but you name me and Romanic specifically, who were upset about WH leaving the game, making this a much more personal thing. You have to know me better than that, Beskar, and that makes your entire statement suspect. So FOS right back at you.

Renata
01-19-2011, 17:13

So does Glenn, but so? This vote is on the easiest possible target and for the most superficial possible reason. It's not like Romanic left you nothing to go on from yesterday, he was all over the thread.

vote: Autolycus

Renata
01-19-2011, 17:13
Where do you see me posting? 8 pm is family time! Anyway I will vote:abstain until we see something more concrete

ORLY?

Romanic
01-19-2011, 18:10

I didn't mean you were posting when I made that post (at 8 PM EST), I meant generally speaking. You've been posting in CoV in the last 2 days, yet this is your first post since this game has started. No vote, no post at all on D1/N1, but I know you were around.

I can't help but believe you are doing so on purpose, and you've got something to hide.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 18:30
That is just plain old mean mr mafia.

Why is it "mean"?

Hey, you should be posting more, or at least be voting for someone.

This goes for everyone who's not voting, we're at 7/14 votes with 3 and a half hours to go. You're not helping if you are Town and not voting.

Tally.

2 autolycus (ATPG, Renata)
2 Beskar (GE, pevergreen)
1 Romanic (autolycus)
1 Seon (Secura)
1 Yaropolk (Romanic)
1 abstain (Yaropolk)
--
6 not voting (Beskar, Capt Blackadder, Cecil, robbiecon, Seon, YLC)

Yaropolk
01-19-2011, 18:39
I didn't mean you were posting when I made that post (at 8 PM EST), I meant generally speaking. You've been posting in CoV in the last 2 days, yet this is your first post since this game has started. No vote, no post at all on D1/N1, but I know you were around.

I can't help but believe you are doing so on purpose, and you've got something to hide.

I'd love to hear your theories on what dreadful secrets I'm hiding on D1.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 18:46
I'd love to hear your theories on what dreadful secrets I'm hiding on D1.

If you are not hiding, why are you not out there questioning other players? Or at least posting some and placing a vote?

Day 1: no vote
Day 2: abstain

This doesn't look like someone interested to get more clues and find a scum or two. It looks like someone hiding in a hole.

Why don't you surprise me with a vote in your next post?

God Emperor
01-19-2011, 18:56
That's a real lot that has not voted... concidering the strict WOG rules, you guys should really start voting soon....

Yaropolk I don't understand what good an abstain vote does? we have plenty of posts on day 1 and some activity on day 2 as well... But there isn't anything you think there is worth reacting on ?

Yaropolk
01-19-2011, 19:04
I generally don't have much to contribute until there is some data to analyze - see council of villains, way of the samurai, etc. Right now the only solid data we have is that there appears to be a vigilante and a mafioso. 1 mafioso is not enough for 17 people so if anyone is interacting with others via night actions keep an eye out for a non-killer scum. I'll unvote; vote:Cecil since we want to get people talking.

Also, renata said this:

Miko's been a bad, bad girl.

What does this mean?

autolycus
01-19-2011, 19:10
Miko is an overzealous paladin in the OotS series. She would therefore be a reasonable guess for the female paladin killer.
I'm not likely to be on again before the end of the day, and Beskar's one quick, rather strange claim about the previous night being a frame job combined with his failure to vote mean I have no qualms about, unvote; vote:Beskar.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 19:11
I generally don't have much to contribute until there is some data to analyze - see council of villains, way of the samurai, etc. Right now the only solid data we have is that there appears to be a vigilante and a mafioso. 1 mafioso is not enough for 17 people so if anyone is interacting with others via night actions keep an eye out for a non-killer scum. I'll unvote; vote:Cecil since we want to get people talking.

How do you figure there's a vigilante? I was thinking that both kills were made by antitown roles. 2 mafias or 1 mafia and 1 serial killer.

What does this mean?

"Miko's been a bad girl" means that Miko was the role who killed Winston Hughes. Renata knows OOTS, and she recognized Miko from the writeup (a paladin girl dressed in blue).

Yaropolk
01-19-2011, 19:17
Could be an SK. Since the writeup mentioned a paladin and I'm not familiar with OOTS, I figured vigilante. Reading over her Wiki entry seems like she wouldn't make a good scum character, as she's actually pro town, just very stabby.

Beskar
01-19-2011, 19:20
Miko is an overzealous paladin in the OotS series. She would therefore be a reasonable guess for the female paladin killer.
I'm not likely to be on again before the end of the day, and Beskar's one quick, rather strange claim about the previous night being a frame job combined with his failure to vote mean I have no qualms about, unvote; vote:Beskar.

Which means Autolycus is the mafia we are looking for. Third on the bandwagon.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 19:53
Which means Autolycus is the mafia we are looking for. Third on the bandwagon.

"Third on the bandwagon", :laugh4:.

That's a bogus reason to vote someone when that player is the only one you can vote for to save yourself, not to mention that he's voting against you.

Beskar
01-19-2011, 20:11
"Third on the bandwagon", :laugh4:.

That's a bogus reason to vote someone when that player is the only one you can vote for to save yourself, not to mention that he's voting against you.

Sigurd's rule of three is never wrong. I stake Sigurd's life on it, and that of Yaseikhaan's as well.

Cecil XIX
01-19-2011, 21:07

vote: autolycus Given Miko's actions in the comic, I'd say leaning one way or the other on whether she's a vigilante or an SK is suspicious.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 21:33
I don't think autolycus is suspicious* but I cannot say the same about Beskar** so,

unvote, vote: Beskar

*auto placed the first vote on me, with a poor case, that could easily draw heat, and it happened.
** I can see Beskar killing WH to make it look like someone's framing him. Gutsy plays by Beskar are not unheard of.

autolycus
01-19-2011, 21:45
vote: autolycus Given Miko's actions in the comic, I'd say leaning one way or the other on whether she's a vigilante or an SK is suspicious.
When I said killer, there wasn't a value judgement. Both vigilante killer and serial killer have killer in the name. One is town, one is not. I don't know which one Miko is.

Beskar
01-19-2011, 21:53
I don't think autolycus is suspicious* but I cannot say the same about Beskar** so,

unvote, vote: Beskar

*auto placed the first vote on me, with a poor case, that could easily draw heat, and it happened.
** I can see Beskar killing WH to make it look like someone's framing him. Gutsy plays by Beskar are not unheard of.

FoS: Romanic

Simply because the accusation is completely false, because if you can see me killing Winston Hughes, then you clearly do not know enough about me to detect any 'scum tells' I may possess, since it is clear I would be the last person to kill Winston Hughes on a principle of honour. Paradoxically, you yourself would know this as a fact due to extended talks with me before in other games, this isn't a matter of guts, as I have no reason to kill him (nevermind the lack of qualifications in this role to do such an act) and me killing him would be clearly reinforcing a [negative view] by the named individual in question which I would prefer to avoid at all costs. This in itself clearly shows that the kill on Winston Hughes is a poor frame attempt.

I know that you, yourself Romanic, have access to this information yourself, I can only speculate that this is a poor attempt at saving autolycus, however, your reasoning to save him is less clear, but ranges from private appeals from himself to you, to possible mafia collaboration.

It is also clear that autolycus's switch to me is on sole grounds of his own survival with no merit in itself, there is no case against me, except that him voting me would have increased his odds of survival. This is why I voted for him as this is evident in itself as a town member wouldn't be so quick at this stage to attempt to cover himself by attempting to lynch another person so willing and at random.

[ Edit: PC'd ]

Diamondeye
01-19-2011, 21:54
There's roughly 5 minutes left and at the moment, I've got it down as a tie between Beskar and Autolycus with four votes on each.

On top of that, there are five people who have not voted, one of whom didn't vote last night and is facing a WoG.

You might want to do something about either of those things before the deadline.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 21:56
lol, you're convincing Beskar.

unvote, vote: Seon (not that it matters)

Beskar
01-19-2011, 22:03
For clarification, the reason I stated it was a frame in the first place was because I was annoyed some one might attempt to use his death in an accusation against me. So my post clearly stating this was to set the record straight on the matter. If you want to use some argument to say I killed Double A on the otherhand, I have no issues. All would be fair in mafia, love and war.

Diamondeye
01-19-2011, 22:21
Day 2 is over
It's time for another lynch!

The Throne room had only fallen quieter than the previous day, Hinjo noted as he stepped onto the plateu in front of the small group. His face was noted with a grim determination, and he could not restrain a small pained look as he readied himself for what the evening would bring.

"First point of order is the lack of dedication to finding the culprits behind the regicide. I have noticed that today, five people have not let their votes be heard. For one of you, this is a repeated offence. Captain Blackadder, please step up."

A young, male soldier of the Azure city army stepped up in front of Hinjo, and kneeled in silence. "The penalty for your crime is death by beheading." Hinjo unsheathed his katana. In the crowd, someone yelled out but was restrained. "No! You can't kill him! He has a name! He's Daigo!"

Hinjo looked up, then looked back down at the silent Kazumi. He was crying noiselessly, adamant in her discipline and loyalty to the city. Yet there was no bending the rules. Hinjo lifted his katana and seperated his head from the rest of his body. The soldier's corpse fell to the floor in spasms.

Captain Blackadder was Daigo Kato!
She was innocent!

"Now, for today's voting. We have reached a decision..."
Hinjo looked down on the paper again, confirming his fears.
"Miko Miyazaki, please come forth."
A silent hush passed through the crowd as the paladin stepped towards Hinjo. Around her, people's hands found their weapons; there was no saying whether she would resist arrest.
"Miko... I am not much for sacrificing my strongest paladin to the people's wiles. Tell me... Something. Convince me of your innocence."
"Every life I took, I took in the name of Lord Shojo and the Twelve Gods."
"So you... have been killing?"
"Yes - was that not your idea with locking all of us in here? To kill the culprits?"
"But Miko, you are not fit to discern the evil behind this..."
"And they are?", Miko replied angrily gesturing at the crowd.
"The Twelve Gods are leading me. I will find the guilty parties."
"I'm afraid not, Miko. we cannot let you live. Kneel."

There was a prolonged silence. The tension in the air was almost unbearable.
Then, Miko replied, only it was the voice of a man. A halfling.
"Can't kneel in these stilts, sorry."
Belkar Bitterleaf threw off his disguise, revealing his bare feet on stilts and his menacing-looking grimace. Most people took a step back, but not Hinjo. Before Belkar could react, Hinjo stepped forward in a smooth motion, his weapon already at the ready.
"SMITE EVIL!"
Belkar was impaled upon the long weapon. With his dying breath, he gurgled:
"Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Seriously, you guys know how hilarious it is that just because you're wearing a blue cape, it's okay for you to waltz around killing people?"

Autolycus was Miko Miyazaki!
She was a cover role for Belkar Bitterleaf, a serial killer!

It is now night. Day comes in roughly 24 hours.
Please send in your night orders!

Tally:
Autolycus: 4 (AskThePizzaGuy, Beskar, Cecil XIX, Renata)
Beskar: 3 (Autolycus, God Emperor, pevergreen)
Seon: 2 (Romanic, Secura)

Not Voting: Captain Blackadder, Glenn, Robbiecon, Seon, YLC

Alive (12):
Seon
Cecil XIX
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
God Emperor
Secura
Robbiecon
Yaropolk
pevergreen
AskThePizzaGuy

Renata
01-19-2011, 22:23
But that doesn't make sense -- nobody actually DID say anything about it. You just jumped out there on the assumption that someone would, with multiple FOS in hand to give it bite.

About my Miko comment, it's what Auto and Romanic said, plus her being my favorite character.

Could be an SK. Since the writeup mentioned a paladin and I'm not familiar with OOTS, I figured vigilante. Reading over her Wiki entry seems like she wouldn't make a good scum character, as she's actually pro town, just very stabby.

I had the thought of vigilante, too, but she's really lawful good taken to the extreme (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0250.html) (I love her so :love: ), and she's typically an antagonist to the OOTS to boot, which may be more pertinent to this particular game. As well, I don't understand the pro-town motive for killing WH/CH last night, if Miko is a vigilante.

Renata
01-19-2011, 22:24
Also, lol.

I still love you, Miko, even if you were actually Belkar.

Diamondeye
01-19-2011, 22:24
Well I just did a minor mess-up with the roles again, it should be fixed now but please unsee anything you might have seen.

Sorry for the confusion, it's the first game I'm using a spreadsheet to keep track of and it's confusing me a bit!

autolycus
01-19-2011, 22:30
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Just for reference, maybe it's due to my time in NOTWs, but regardless of my role, I will always cast the vote to keep me alive. Granted, this game can't be taken as evidence in any direction. :)

Beskar
01-19-2011, 22:39
There you go. You told me that "Third on the Bandwagon" wasn't a good enough reason, and it works, it always works. It is the law given to us by the gods, Sigurd, who passed on to the prophet, Yaseikhaan, now reincarnated in this game, by myself. :bow:

Praise our heavenly fathers for they are as wise as they are mighty.

Beskar
01-19-2011, 22:46
You know, Belkar would have been a good role for some one with a similarly spelled name...

Askthepizzaguy
01-19-2011, 22:47
YAY!!! random voting for the win.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 22:49
:laugh4:

Trust Beskar to twist everything to point out how he was right. 3rd on the bandwagon in Autolycus' case had nothing to do with him being scum. He voted to save his life, period.

You were 3rd on auto's bandwagon today, so was Renata on Cecil's yesterday, so was ATPG on Glenn's. Is that our next shopping list? :smug2:

Askthepizzaguy
01-19-2011, 22:50
You should have revealed you were a Serial Killer and offered to work with the town.... :laugh4:

Renata
01-19-2011, 22:56
Best strategy, never fails.

Double A
01-19-2011, 22:57
Or a vig.

Renata
01-19-2011, 22:58
Nah, I was right. A vig would never have killed Classical Hero, even if compulsory. Would have been Blackadder or someone.

Beskar
01-19-2011, 23:02
:laugh4:

Trust Beskar to twist everything to point out how he was right. 3rd on the bandwagon in Autolycus' case had nothing to do with him being scum. He voted to save his life, period.

You were 3rd on auto's bandwagon today, so was Renata on Cecil's yesterday, so was ATPG on Glenn's. Is that our next shopping list? :smug2:

You are not a believer of the true faith, only a true believer invokes the holy wisdom and is successful in their endeavors.

Romanic
01-19-2011, 23:02
Okay so we know that all the Order of the Stick members are not Town, but I guess this was to be expected from Belkar, the only evil character in the group.

Four left: Roy, Durkon, Elan and Vaarsuvius.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was a cover role for the mafia, or claiming would be too easy.

God Emperor
01-19-2011, 23:17
:laugh4: What a lucky shot..

however on a more serious note; I am surprised you decided to back down with your vote on Beskar, Romanic :o I know it was a rather long post he made, but it didn't really say anything imo . . so that you remove your vote on him after such a post is imo really unlike you .. this is the first time in the game you have gained my attention in a negative fashion.

It is also clear that autolycus's switch to me is on sole grounds of his own survival with no merit in itself, there is no case against me, except that him voting me would have increased his odds of survival. This is why I voted for him as this is evident in itself as a town member wouldn't be so quick at this stage to attempt to cover himself by attempting to lynch another person so willing and at random.[ Edit: PC'd ]

:laugh4: I hardly know how to react on your statements Beskar.. your ability of double thinking is shocking. . . normally I would just react on posts that makes zero sense.. however I have seen you do this before as town iirc, so you have me at a loss right now.. I would like others to give their oppinion on this matter, if they think it's Beskar'ish or not to use double thinking to such an extreme extend

Yaropolk
01-19-2011, 23:41
Okay so we know that all the Order of the Stick members are not Town.

Haley from D1 writeup was town

Romanic
01-19-2011, 23:42
:laugh4: What a lucky shot..

however on a more serious note; I am surprised you decided to back down with your vote on Beskar, Romanic :o I know it was a rather long post he made, but it didn't really say anything imo . . so that you remove your vote on him after such a post is imo really unlike you .. this is the first time in the game you have gained my attention in a negative fashion.

We haven't read the same post then, because the post I read from Beskar looked genuine enough to convince me he wasn't behind WH's murder. He used arguments that most of the players won't use to defend themselves, getting personal about what I should know about him for example.

And I had to make a quick decision about this, with 5 mins to go, so I made it, reasoning that Beskar couldn't be behind WH's kill so Autolycus was suddenly more likely to be a killer.

If you're saying that I'm suspicious, then you must consider Beskar suspicious also, otherwise what's the deal about all this, if I'm not trying to save my partner?

Also, the end result of my move was to lynch a serial killer, so you should be all "Yay Romanic" instead of FOSing me. Does lynching a SK makes me less likely to be mafia? No, but you can't deny that I helped. :cheesy:

If you got something else to say about me being scummy, take it up with my lawyers, I'll be busy partying tonight cause hey, we got one of the killers. :party3:

Romanic
01-19-2011, 23:44
Haley from D1 writeup was town

Er, yes... What I meant was that not all members of OOTS are Town. I screwed up that sentence.

Secura
01-19-2011, 23:47
No, but you can't deny that I helped. :cheesy:

Except for the fact that you didn't actually vote for autolycus? :P

Beskar
01-19-2011, 23:57
I am partying though, I nailed Winston Hughes' killer and cleared all involvement with that affair from my good name. :bounce:
( /w help from ATPG, Renata and Cecil )

Romanic
01-19-2011, 23:59
Except for the fact that you didn't actually vote for autolycus? :P

Does it matter?

I made it 4-3 with 4 minutes to go,so I was sealing Autolycus' fate unless someone wanted to save him, from which we would have gained information.

Sometimes it's possible to vote for someone without voting for him. :grin:

Am I taking undue credit for autolycus' lynch? I don't think so. I've helped to lynch a serial killer!!!! :hat:

Romanic
01-20-2011, 00:04
I am partying though, I nailed Winston Hughes' killer and cleared all involvement with that affair from my good name. :bounce:
( /w help from ATPG, Renata, Cecil and Romanic, who made an awesome decision in time pressure. )

I fixed your last post, something was missing. :laugh4:

Double A
01-20-2011, 00:08
Belkar's alignment is Chaotic Evil. Roy and Durkon are Lawful Good, Elan and Haley Chaotic Good, and V is Good somehow.

I don't think any of them are serial killers or mafia.

God Emperor
01-20-2011, 00:09
@ Romanic , I think Beskar is suspicios if that was uncertain :p But I never saw your move as a try to save Beskar.. though I think you are right, it could have been. . What I reacted on what was what I saw; a sudden lack of care of whom was lynched.. you spoke in favour of Autolycus the whole day and then you put him in his grave.. that just seemed off.. But I am ready to believe I am mistaken.. as I said this is the first post of yours that struck me as off.

But you are right there is no denial that you made the right move :P you are basically the reason Autolycus died

Romanic
01-20-2011, 00:18
@ Romanic , I think Beskar is suspicios if that was uncertain :p But I never saw your move as a try to save Beskar.. though I think you are right, it could have been. . What I reacted on what was what I saw; a sudden lack of care of whom was lynched.. you spoke in favour of Autolycus the whole day and then you put him in his grave.. that just seemed off.. But I am ready to believe I am mistaken.. as I said this is the first post of yours that struck me as off.

But you are right there is no denial that you made the right move :P you are basically the reason Autolycus died
This isn't The Senate, you don't have to tell me what I want to hear :laugh4:

Why do you still believe Beskar is suspicious? My main reason was the WH murder, what else?

God Emperor
01-20-2011, 00:29
what I don't like about Beskar's behavior - his use of rethoric of how his vote on Autolycus now clears his name. that's at least how I understand his recent post.
I really don't like the double thinking, which I also asked (and still asks) , people to comment on, because I am not yet sure how to react on it.. But his posts doesn't sit well with me at all

Askthepizzaguy
01-20-2011, 07:42
Beskar hasn't been cleared yet. He's not the serial killer is all.

I haven't seen anything that clears him.

Diamondeye
01-20-2011, 22:11
Night 2 is over!
Another one bites the dust

The second night of the lockdown, almost everyone had figured out it would be a good idea to stay put and not stalk around at night in search of trouble. Almost everyone - but not pevergreen - she was sitting in the Throne Room, evidently speaking to herself when she sensed a presence. Quickly, pevergreen spun around, noticing a beautiful woman in the entrance of the hall. The woman was walking slowly towards her.

pevergreen's eyes lit up - one blue, one purple - and her hands were alight with magical power. Without hesitation, she threw a powerful spell against the approaching woman, who had to throw herself to the ground to avoid the attack. When the smoke cleared and she stood back up, her true form was bare. Sabine was getting down to business.

The attacker quickly took off, flying towards pevergreen in a random pattern, hoping the darkness of the hall would conceal her, but the mystical theurge Tsukiko seemed to have no trouble picking her out, and landed a direct hit with a lightning bolt. Sabine swore, and dived directly towards the theurge with a knife in her hand.

pevergreen was just too slow to avoid the attack. She was pinned to the ground, and blood was everywhere. She could feel the cold blade stabbing at her repeatedly, and as she drifted from consciousness, she muttered with her last breath, "so, this is what being dead feels like..."

Annoyed and somewhat scratched, Sabine got up and left the scene.

pevergreen was Tsukiko!
She was neutral!

It is now day 3!
Night comes in roughly 24 hours!
Result PMs are being sent out now!

Robbiecon, Seon and YLC need to vote today to avoid the WoG!

Alive( 11):
Seon
Cecil XIX
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
God Emperor
Secura
Robbiecon
Yaropolk
AskThePizzaGuy

Romanic
01-20-2011, 22:31
Another neutral down, that's nice, thanks Sabine :grin:

Placeholder vote for now, but I wouldn't mind lynching him...

...for no other reason than being unhelpful since we've started.

Seon
01-20-2011, 22:35
Sigh. That might be the best, actually. My mason partner's been silent the entire freaking game.

Romanic
01-20-2011, 22:44
A mason claim, yippee.

Let's play Hot and Cot, Seon.

Your mason is..... YLC !?

Askthepizzaguy
01-20-2011, 23:04
Vote: Renata

showing her my undying love.

Seon
01-20-2011, 23:10
A mason claim, yippee.

Let's play Hot and Cot, Seon.

Your mason is..... YLC !?

No, try again.

Askthepizzaguy
01-20-2011, 23:11
No, try again.

Let's not and say we did.

Romanic
01-20-2011, 23:13
Revealing two masons, both not being active contributers. I don't see where's the big deal.

Seon, you don't understand this game, you have to answer HOT or COLD :laugh4:

Your mason is... robbiecon!

Romanic
01-20-2011, 23:38
Okay, we finished that Hot and Cold game privately and I am ashamed to admit that I didn't win the teddy.

But Seon gave me more info about his partner and his role, and it's convincing enough for the time being. I'll let him decide if he wants to info made public.

unvote, vote: robbiecon

...for no other reason than being unhelpful since we've started.

(it worked the first time :smug2:)

God Emperor
01-20-2011, 23:40
Vote: Beskar , imo you need to be lynched

Renata
01-21-2011, 00:10
vote: AtPG

I wuv you too.

unvote, vote: Secura

Two days, two votes, two lurkers, too little engagement.

Beskar
01-21-2011, 00:43
Vote: God Emperor

Because you are trying to lynch me on nothing more than "It's Beskar" and you deserve to be lynched for presenting such a poor argument.

Secura
01-21-2011, 00:46
Does that really sound like the way I'd play as mafia? Go back and see any game where I'm even remotely interested and you'll see that I don't play like this. ¬_¬

Considering the Night Two death in the last game I played before this one, a death which you enacted no less, I felt that it was probably best to reduce my usually forthcoming posting in an attempt to prolong my life expectancy in the game, which is already low by the host's admission since my character is known as the Guard Captain of the Sapphire Guard and has a hotlink to the TVTropes page for Red Shirts; he dies within a few frames of appearing, for crying out loud.

This was all in the hope that I might get into the game more when the numbers whittled down, as my interest wasn't particularly high after ending up with a vanilla role for the umpteenth time; random.org doesn't like me whatsoever, it seems.

I'd like to apologise to Diamondeye when he reads this post.

I kinda promised I'd still play despite the role, haven't really done so; sorry if it seems like I'm saying the game is bad, it's really not. :3

God Emperor
01-21-2011, 00:52
that's not true.. If it was not clear then I can say again why I wish you lynched.

first of all, your use of double thinking earlier in the game does not sit well with me at all..

secondly you try to convince people that the lynch of autolycus should somehow clear you.. and that reminds me all too much of CoV, where you had a scum lynched and you quickly put focus on how that should clear your name in every possible manner.. Romanic reminded me that you did the exact same thing in ATPG's lylat wars.. and as I say, now it seems like you are doing it again..
I don't think your OMGUS vote is very impressive either, but that's not the main reason why I think you should be removed.

Secura
01-21-2011, 00:56
Romanic reminded me that you did the exact same thing in ATPG's lylat wars.

Beskar was neutral in that game; the town believed he was mafia because of his title. :P

pevergreen
01-21-2011, 01:04
Bugger.

Beskar
01-21-2011, 01:05
and this time I am town.

I like to thank you for complementing on how excellent my playstyle is, that you cannot read me. :bow:

[Though, it is only consistent in making everyone think I am guilty, regardless of reality... ... ...]

Romanic
01-21-2011, 01:06
Does that really sound like the way I'd play as mafia? Go back and see any game where I'm even remotely interested and you'll see that I don't play like this. ¬_¬

Considering the Night Two death in the game that preceded this one, which you enacted no less, I felt that it was probably best to reduce my usually forthcoming posting in an attempt to prolong my life expectancy in the game, which is already low by the host's admission since my character is known as the Guard Captain of the Sapphire Guard and has a hotlink to the TVTropes page for Red Shirts; he dies within a few frames of appearing, for crying out loud.

This was all in the hope that I might get into the game more when the numbers whittled down, as my interest wasn't particularly high after ending up with a vanilla role for the umpteenth time.

vote: Secura, though... hell, you were so right in CoV so you've just gotta be on the money here too!

I'd like to apologise to Diamondeye when he reads this post.

I kinda promised I'd get more involved despite the role, haven't done so, sorry if it seems like I'm saying the game is bad, it's not. :3

Is this a joke? Or a draft perchance, and the revised version is coming up?

I don't understand, is this all because Renata placed a vote on you?

Completely unacceptable if you ask me. As a vanilla townie you shouldn't care about dying in a game where you can talk post-death. Dying isn't the end here.

Why don't you shake the house with accusations and posts instead of this... er self pity? If you're Town, you need a good smack on the head..

Respectfully :bow:

God Emperor
01-21-2011, 01:14
right Secura =/ .. my point remains though.

what a fluffy answer .. You got absolutely nothing to say to the actual accusation ? You are such a scum Beskar:laugh4:

Beskar
01-21-2011, 01:24
what a fluffy answer Beskar.. You got absolutely nothing to say to the actual accusation ? You are such a scum Beskar:laugh4:

Yes, because contrary to popular belief about the laws of nature, the universe and every mafia game in existence, Beskar is able to pull out a concrete proof of evidence, undersigned by the game host and within the game rules to provide beyond doubt that is he genuinely not the mafia to actually disprove God Emperor's accusation of "It's Beskar, Beskar is scummy, He posts stuff like he posts stuff in other games."

Because Beskar is unable to do the impossible of completely 100% confirmation of any proof of innocence, undersigned by game host, Diamondeye, within the rules of the game, this means that Beskar is definitely most likely the mafia, therefore he should always be role blocked, investigated, night ability within the first and second turn of every game, then lynched if survival extends beyond the introductory game period.

Give. Me. A. Break.

Disclaimer: If Beskar even managed to do the impossible of complete 100% confirmation, proving his innocence, undersigned by game host, Diamondeye, within the rules of the game. Beskar is still scum because he was able to pull this off. Therefore, even if Beskar became the Master of Time, Space and Everything within, he still wouldn't be innocent.

Secura
01-21-2011, 01:31
:/

Nope, it's the full thing, Romanic; this is not because the vote was placed, I don't mind that, but the reasoning behind it... come on!

Renata is someone that I like to think has a bloody good grasp of exactly how I play, and is the one of the few people to actually give me an analysis of my playstyle upon request; "too townie", apparantly.

She knows how I play, it's not like I'm particularly difficult to read or anything... and yet in this game and Council of Villains, I've been targeted by her for things that blatantly defy that knowledge; in CoV, it was telling Beskar that I'm a scanner and I have information, and then 'speaking about myself in third-person'... what the Dickens is that?! I don't trust Beskar that much and would only share information like that with him if I'd already scanned him myself; I've not made that mistake in a very long time.

And in this game? Well, it's basically for not posting enough, which is also something that I rarely do; I'm just in alot of games currently and there were others that were taking precedence because I was a bit more involved than simply sat there thinking "will I be killed during this phase?".

As much as I'd like to, why should I "shake the house" when heavy contribution seems to lead to death these days? If you contribute, the mafia sees you as a threat and promptly kills you or the town turns around and says "you care too much about the game" and lynch you... and then they wonder why the mafia's running rampant over the last few games!

You just can't win; my playstyle continually does me no favours whatsoever, so why shouldn't I try something a little new, even for one game? Hell, the only reason why I've started posting more in Samurai is because Pizza gave me a wake-up call and started filling me in; until he did that, I hadn't even read the writeups! >.<

I think I've been waiting to let out that tirade for quite a while, I apologise.

Secura
01-21-2011, 01:35
If anyone has any decent cases, I'd be interested in reading them since I'm completely clueless thus far and don't want to degenerate into random voting on Day Three.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 02:04
Nope, it's the full thing, Romanic; this is not because the vote was placed, I don't mind that, but the reasoning behind it... come on!

Renata is someone that I like to think has a bloody good grasp of exactly how I play, and is the one of the few people to actually give me an analysis of my playstyle upon request; "too townie", apparantly.

Interesting. If Renata is making accusations in contradiction with how she normally sees you, then I'd be tempted to see her scummy for it.

I know about this, I've seen her accuse me when she was mafia. From my point of view it was clearly nonsense, and I was wondering how in the nine hells she could vote me for it, but she did.

Now you are not seeing Renata scummy, apparently, so I feel you are assuming she is Town here but that's a dangerous mistake (rule #121: Never assume Renata is Town :smug2:).

She knows how I play, it's not like I'm particularly difficult to read or anything... and yet in this game and Council of Villains, I've been targeted by her for things that blatantly defy that knowledge;

Hmmm, I don't remember her accusing you in CoV and I can't find her vote against you either, even though I have the whole voting history at hand. But if she did accuse you (without a vote), then this is similar to what she's doing here: Renata was a villain in CoV (did you forget?)

Wanna know what I would be doing if I were you?

vote: Renata. :charge: Har har, have at thee, scumbag!

As much as I'd like to, why should I "shake the house" when heavy contribution seems to lead to death these days? If you contribute, the mafia sees you as a threat and promptly kills you or the town turns around and says "you care too much about the game" and lynch you... and then they wonder why the mafia's running rampant over the last few games!

Survival is overrated in games where you can contribute after death. I think I've said that to you already. :P

And you're claiming vanilla. If this is indeed your role, it's fine to take a bullet for the team, as you are effectively protecting the better roles.

Secura
01-21-2011, 02:14
Now you are not seeing Renata scummy, apparently, so I feel you are assuming she is Town here but that's a dangerous mistake (rule #121: Never assume Renata is Town :smug2:).

I'm not really saying anything either way; I genuinely have no idea because I'm a bit out-of-touch with the game.

Hmmm, I don't remember her accusing you in CoV and I can't find her vote against you either, even though I have the whole voting history at hand. But if she did accuse you (without a vote), then this is similar to what she's doing here: Renata was a villain in CoV (did you forget?)

She didn't accuse me; she was Dark Samus, my killer, and I was killed on the basis of something that isn't an inherent aspect of my gameplay, yet the kill was made regardless.

In this game, I'm being voted for a reason that isn't part of my playstyle either; I don't lurk to victory as mafia, it just isn't me... I'm simply disconnected from this game, unfortunately.

If this is indeed your role, it's fine to take a bullet for the team, as you are effectively protecting the better roles.

With such an honest post as I've just had to make, am I really going to live much longer? :P

robbiecon
01-21-2011, 02:28
Well, given the many posts from Secura, and given that I believe her side of the story, I'm going to back her side of things and

Vote: Renata.

The God Emperor/Beskar thing just seems to be a bit pointless in terms of the actual lynch. I am neutral in terms of what's going on with their petty squabble. And I don't really think of a different option at the moment.

Yaropolk
01-21-2011, 02:59
Since I have no idea, Vote: Romanic for the OMGUS vote!

Yaropolk
01-21-2011, 03:02
Actually since nobody has any leads lets just pick a lurker and pile on until they come out and roleclaim:

unvote; vote:Renata

Your fate is in your own hands sister!

Romanic
01-21-2011, 03:05
Since I have no idea, Vote: Romanic for the OMGUS vote!

What do you mean OMGUS vote? I am voting for robbiecon.... are you mixing me up with another player?

Be careful, you might see a real OMGUS vote. :laugh4:

Romanic
01-21-2011, 03:16
With such an honest post as I've just had to make, am I really going to live much longer? :P
It wouldn't be so bad if you die, being vanilla... But I don't know if you will, the mafia has to figure if you're the best candidate. Is it worth it to kill Secura/vanilla?... Or even: Is Secura really vanilla??

(I bet you didn't like the last one :sweatdrop:)

Anyways, three votes now on Renata... interesting. I wouldn't mind a counter bandwagon on someone... Cecil or YLC... I can't pick one.

Secura, you go ahead and pick one! (as in, do I trust you? Not really- so show me which one you are ready to start a bandwagon on, and I will follow, har har, I'm so sneaky).

Yaropolk
01-21-2011, 03:28
What do you mean OMGUS vote? I am voting for robbiecon.... are you mixing me up with another player?

Be careful, you might see a real OMGUS vote. :laugh4:

I meant from yesterday.

Secura
01-21-2011, 03:29

He's had some activity compared to YLC, but he's too quiet despite that; he's the better of the two choices you offer, Romanic.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 03:32
Fine, fine. Good choice!

unvote, vote: Cecil

Romanic
01-21-2011, 03:42
Tally.

3 Renata (ATPG, robbiecon, Yaropolk)
2 Cecil (Secura, Romanic)
1 Beskar (God Emperor)
1 Secura (Renata)
1 God Emperor (Beskar)
---
3 not voting (Cecil, Seon, YLC)

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 07:39
Unvote, vote: Seon

Beskar
01-21-2011, 12:38
No point voting Seon, unless he posts, as they will all die.

However, Robbicon just turned up out of no where. unvote; vote: Robbicon

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 12:58
Mmmkay.

Unvote, vote: Robbiecon

Pressure cooker vote.

Three candidates. Which should fall?

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 14:07
8 hours remain. Would prefer to see more votes, decisive action. I will choose between these three if necessary, but town should act as a force, not a scattered band.

Renata
01-21-2011, 15:10
Secura -- "I don't lurk my way to victory as mafia" is not persuasive. You were (are?) acting conspicuously out of character for every game I've played with you in recently, in all of which you were town. You have a motive to do that that is not necessarily related to alignment. Fabulous. The fact stands, you don't even contest it yourself.

And, you say you're vanilla. But you're not playing like one.
And, you say you're not mafia, just uninterested. Seems to me I've heard that one a few times before, too.
And, there is a disconnect between your own vote on Seon and mine on you. You can vote Seon for atypical behavior (which is not actually atypical for him -- CoV was more the outlier) and that's just fine and innocent. But I vote you for behavior you say yourself is atypical, and that's not.

And this just pisses me off. I DO have a good grasp of your usual townie play, and this isn't it. That's the whole point.

Secura
01-21-2011, 15:42
I've already flogged that particular equine's corpse and explained everything already, so I apologise that I'm not going to reiterate what's already been said. At the end of the day, I have the upmost respect for you (I did nominate you for Best Contributor, after all), but you were way off the mark in CoV and you are off the mark here again, I'm afraid.

However, the outcome of this situation is simple; if you don't believe what I say, and thus suspect that I'm mafia, then carry on voting for me... you'll probably get the lynch eventually and I'll get my "I told you so" moment.

Or you can accept that I am who I claim to be, move on from this debacle and actually find the mafia; that's your call. :bow:

Renata
01-21-2011, 16:34
unvote; Secura after listening to some sweet reason.

Well, and a link to the first part of Gameroom Heroes.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 18:33
Tally.

2 Cecil (Secura, Romanic)
2 Renata (robbiecon, Yaropolk)
2 robbiecon (Beskar, ATPG)
1 Beskar (God Emperor)
---
4 (Cecil, Renata, Seon, YLC)

If they don't vote, Seon and YLC will die.

Renata
01-21-2011, 19:14
8 hours remain. Would prefer to see more votes, decisive action. I will choose between these three if necessary, but town should act as a force, not a scattered band.

It would have been nice to see someone other than one of the three of us break the tie, yes.

There's marginally more on him than on robbiecon, which is to say there's nothing on robbiecon, and Cecil is at least less chatty than usual.

Cecil XIX
01-21-2011, 21:07
The God Emperor/Beskar thing just seems to be a bit pointless in terms of the actual lynch. I am neutral in terms of what's going on with their petty squabble. And I don't really think of a different option at the moment.

I agree, them keeping on with it like this smells suspiciously like mafia trying to put distance between themselves. vote:Renata

Renata
01-21-2011, 21:10
Why did you say that, and then vote for me?

Secura
01-21-2011, 21:12
Cecil... what the Dickens was that? :laugh4:

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 21:13
I agree, them keeping on with it like this smells suspiciously like mafia trying to put distance between themselves. vote:Renata

Sorry, that tripped by bogus meter. Good night.

unvote, vote: Cecil XIX

Romanic
01-21-2011, 21:18
I was having an nice chat with Renata about this game, but it was cut short by a power outage. Stili it was interesting because Renata eventually said:

(I'm paraphrasing here)

"Secura told me about your role, you are the Red Guard."

I asked her how Secura knew, and she didn't know, so we brought Secura on the chat, who confirmed that she never told Renata about this, and in fact she didn't knew my role at all.

Somwhere during that conversation, Renata said that Secura told her about it "This morning."

Anyway, now it's like she probably heard about it from someone else, possibly Beskar or God Emperor, since she's been talking with them. I just confirmed with Beskar, he doesn't know my role, and never revealed that to Renata.

Now, I've told my role to God Emperor, yesterday... so it's possible that he would have told Renata but...

I'm not sure that I believe her.

Renata's vote on Cecil is weak. I am surprised that she isn't trying to get a good case on someone instead of conveniently pick one of the two other players she's tied with. I believe that if she was Town, she would be looking for scums, and wouldn't vote Cecil unless she has a better case than....

It would have been nice to see someone other than one of the three of us break the tie, yes.

There's marginally more on him than on robbiecon, which is to say there's nothing on robbiecon, and Cecil is at least less chatty than usual.

Weak, weak, Renata usually does better than that as a townie (and again, she's saving herself with her vote).

Now, I realized something happened while I was writing this, Cecil voted and it looks suspicious like hell, but I ain't deleting the whole thing. My suspicions on Renata remains, but I'll reconsider, taking Cecil's actions into account.

More to come.

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 21:22
Hey, if Renata cannot explain, I has no problems voting for her next round. Unless I die.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 21:27
To confirm, yes I am the Red Guard, who made a single comic appearance in OOTS (comic #327 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0327.html))

So it goes like this:

1) @God Emperor: Did you tell Renata about my role?

2) @God Emperor: If you did, I want to know what the reasoning behind this? I thought you agreed that I looked Townie, why would you be sharing this information with Renata?

3) Renata was very specific when she said that Secura told her about my role "this morning". Then she's saying that God Emperor might have told her "yesterday?". I seriously doubt Renata would make a honest mistake about WHO told her, and also WHEN. It's suspicious, veryveryveryveryvery much suspicious.

@Renata: Look up your chat history, I want a definitive answer about WHO told you, and WHEN.

Please :)

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 21:28
I can always switch my vote. Dig dig. Time's a-wastin.

Renata
01-21-2011, 21:36
To confirm, yes I am the Red Guard, who made a single comic appearance in OOTS (comic #327 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0327.html))

So it goes like this:

2) @God Emperor: If you did, I want to know what the reasoning behind this? I thought you agreed that I looked Townie, why would you be sharing this information with Renata?

3) Renata was very specific when she said that Secura told her about my role "this morning". Then she's saying that God Emperor might have told her "yesterday?". I seriously doubt Renata would make a honest mistake about WHO told her, and also WHEN. It's suspicious, veryveryveryveryvery much suspicious.

@Renata: Look up your chat history, I want a definitive answer about WHO told you, and WHEN.

God Emperor told me, about five PM yesterday. I don't know why I made the mistake, but what do you think I could possibly have to gain by deliberately lying? Secura and I had a long talk this morning, including about roles (hers only, as it turns out), and I conflated my earlier conversation with God Emperor with the one with her. That's all.

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 21:39
That does sorta sound like the kinds of errors people make due to misremembering, and doesn't fit the scum-tell category.

I would still encourage asking more questions about it, but round is ending shortly and my vote isn't moving.

Beskar
01-21-2011, 21:42
So God Emperor is the person who visited Romanic?

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 21:42
So God Emperor is the person who visited Romanic?

Depending on the context of "visit", I don't believe so.

Renata
01-21-2011, 21:44
I have no idea. I know his role but not his power (if any) and didn't ask.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 21:59
Gah!!! *sigh*

ULC
01-21-2011, 21:59
Vote: ATPG

To save myself from WoG, and to catch up - sorry for this week guys, I have been INCREDIBLY BUSY. Ask for details via IM or PM if you wish to know.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 22:00
*rofl*, at 1559, I didn't think you make it in time YLC, but that's great.

Secura
01-21-2011, 22:04
To save myself from WoG, and to catch up - sorry for this week guys, I have been INCREDIBLY BUSY. Ask for details via IM or PM if you wish to know.

Glad to see you return! :bow:

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 22:07
I think God Emperor dies tonight by my hands. If you wish to overrule me, just say so.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 22:09
I think God Emperor dies tonight by my hands. If you wish to overrule me, just say so.

:laugh4: If you are serious, I think you should hit Renata instead.

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 22:14
:laugh4: If you are serious, I think you should hit Renata instead.

I am seriously considering it. I might even flip an actual coin. I got a half-dollar coin yesterday at work, and that thing is ever so flippable. I don't want to spend it because they're such a stupid denomination, it makes me giggle.

God Emperor
01-21-2011, 22:18

So it goes like this:

sorry for not being so active today.. DE's visiting me right now :)

wow I see this real have gotten far.. I never expected that. I trust you of being town Romanic.. as I have said in our long private communications.. that is why I actually decided to gamble and tell Renata it in a conversation I had with her.. I did that out of two reasons

1) At the time I figured at the time, that if Renata was scum then it would decrease the chance that either of us would be hit at night, if I revealed to her.. as it would look suspecious if we died right after revealing our roles . . but apparently that plan also had a flaw.. it would increase the chance of the scum hitting more important roles (if they excist), but I didn't think of that at that time..

2) I wanted to see Renata's reaction.. I am not sure what I expected to gain from her reaction, as I don't speak to her that often, but I figured it was a side bonus.

I don't know if any other question was directed at me

ehm I would like to object to this :laugh4: at least it would be a wrong move if you killed me

Diamondeye
01-21-2011, 22:29
Day 3 ends
And the grows ever smaller...

The third day inside the palace was by far the busiest. Lord Hinjo nodded in approval. He was hard-handed in enforcing discipline, but it paid off. Yet he would have to strike down another noncommited member of the group today.

Seon stepped up to Hinjo and kneeled in silence, ready for her sentence. Hinjo looked at the loyal soldier. He didn't want to do this.
"Any last words, soldier?"

"I'm going to see my Daigo."
Relieved that what he was doing was for the best, Hinjo swung his blade.

Seon was Kazumi Kato! She was innocent!

Hinjo looked at his notes and spoke up.
"The Green Oracle Guard... Is that right?"
"Yes," said the Green Oracle Guard, trodding to the front.
"But it says here that you can only lie!"
"No!"
"Yes it does - I mean, you told me just now that you were the green oracle guard!"
"No I didn't."
"Look yes you did and it was a lie!"
"No, Thog never lies."
"... What?"
"I mean, Green Oracle Guard never lies."
"You just said that you were Thog!"
"No I didn't!"
"ARGH! ENOUGH! We have decided that you die today. Are you guilty?"
"No."
"Great that means yes. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

Cecil XIX was the Green Oracle Guard
It was a cover role for Thog of the Linear Guild!

Tally:
Cecil XIX (4) (AskThePizzaGuy, Renata, Romanic, Secura)
Renata (3) (Cecil XIX, Robbiecon, Yaropolk)
Beskar, Robbiecon, AskThePizzaGuy (1) (God Emperor, Beskar, YLC)

It is now night 3! Day comes in roughly 23½ hours!
Please PM me your night orders!

Alive(9):
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
God Emperor
Secura
Robbiecon
Yaropolk
AskThePizzaGuy

Romanic
01-21-2011, 22:31
@GE: I told you my role at precisely 1653 EST and our conversation ended around 1755 EST.

You told Renata about my role around 1700 EST. That's awfully quick, we were still talking.

I don't know what to make of all this, but the whole thing is suspicious. Why the Dickens (:laugh4:) would you tell Renata so quickly unless she's your scum partner?

Why would Renata mistakenly say that Secura told her this morning, then change her story and it was you, yesterday? I mean, generally I remember discussions I had during on the same day.

I,d be very surprised if at least one of you is not scum, maybe both.

Romanic
01-21-2011, 22:32
Hmm, okay, Cecil was Thog.

Maybe I should scratch my last post... maybe.

Edit, So normally we should be looking for the two remaining mafia, of the Linear Guild: Nale, their leader, and Sabine, who's been killing on N1 and N2.

Askthepizzaguy
01-21-2011, 22:33
YEAAAAAAHHHHH BOY-YEEEEE

Cecil totally flinched, man. Even all that stuff with Renata wasn't enough to make me let go of his tasty, tasty leg.

I think God Emperor then. He is pretty tasty nom nom nom nom.

God Emperor
01-21-2011, 22:34
I don't know what you wish to put in the timing.. you are right it was quick.. but that is simply because I tend to act quick when an idea springs into my mind..

Why she would say it was Secura who told her.. Well I can't answer that but it sounds strange, unless she have had many conversations with Secura throughout the game; it's at least worth looking into

Secura
01-21-2011, 22:46
Why she would say it was Secura who told her.. Well I can't answer that but it sounds strange, unless she have had many conversations with Secura throughout the game; it's at least worth looking into

Today was the first time that I've spoken to Renata in a very long time; the conversation initially started with me apologising for pissing her off, and then moved onto who my character was, whereby I managed to find the comic page featuring the guy from a chatlog with Diamondeye. We discussed how my behaviour had been off, and I explained it properly and linked to Gameroom Heroes where my behaviour was similar and I was (at least at first) a pro-town bulletproof protector role.

Romanic was mentioned briefly but wasn't in the context of knowing his role; it was actually regarding both of us voting Cecil XIX at the time, I believe, and the reasoning behind it.

Cecil XIX
01-21-2011, 23:17
The rookie mafioso offs himself with a rookie mistake. Ah well, at least harsh lessons are easy to remember.

YEAAAAAAHHHHH BOY-YEEEEE

Cecil totally flinched, man. Even all that stuff with Renata wasn't enough to make me let go of his tasty, tasty leg.

I think God Emperor then. He is pretty tasty nom nom nom nom.

I must give you credit, you saw right through me on day one. Truely a frightening opponent.

Askthepizzaguy
01-22-2011, 06:57
Don't look at me; it looks like Secura gets credit for being the first one on that wagon. It was a good nomination.

Secura sometimes feels like her contributions are overlooked; let's give her the credit she deserves on this one.

Anyway; I don't really know what to call it, Cecil; there was just something instinctively wrong with that post that made me switch. It just felt too nonchalant and the words didn't have much to do with the vote.

Edit: Look at day one votes again! We nearly lynched Cecil that day.... awww man.

Beskar
01-22-2011, 12:46
Now the mafia is between two people... which one is it?

Unfortunately, they won't be investigated because of paranoia that I am indeed the mafia. >_>

Secura
01-22-2011, 13:46
Don't look at me; it looks like Secura gets credit for being the first one on that wagon. It was a good nomination.

It was Romanic's idea. :P

He spoke to on MSN and said I had two choice for the lynch, either YLC or Cecil XIX... I don't think YLC had posted up to that point so I went with Cecil, who'd largely been staying under the radar.

Renata
01-22-2011, 14:35
LOL.

Diamondeye
01-22-2011, 22:08
Night 3 ends
A flicker of hope in the distance?

The old guard captain was walking down one of the hallways. He was twirling his beard medatively in his fingers, and his brow was furrowed. He was obviously very consumed by thought, which is not a good thing to be when walking alone in a dark corricor in an almost deserted palace with murderers on the loose. Which he was about to learn.

He had the strange sensation of, for the first time in his life, being unable to recall something. Something which had only just happened...
A beautiful woman stood in the corridor, opposite him. He almost bumped into her, but stopped and looked up, his face quickly distorting in terror. "I know who you are!", he exclaimed, panicking.
The woman reached out towards him as he stood as paralyzed.
Then, she broke his neck before disappearing from the scene.
Secura was the Guard Captain! She was innocent!

It is now day 4! Night comes in roughly 24 hours!
Result PMs are being sent out now!

Alive(8):
Romanic
Beskar
YLC
Renata
God Emperor
Robbiecon
Yaropolk
AskThePizzaGuy

Romanic
01-22-2011, 22:43
Not surprised that Secura was attacked last night.

*hug* Secura. Don't worry about it, it's actually a good thing because you were vanilla with low strength.

My top suspects are: Beskar, God Emperor and Renata, in no particular order.

vote: Beskar

Placeholder vote for now.

Also, no visitor again last night. I roasted a turkey just for you, but sadly, you never came. Am I not your friend anymore? :bigcry:

Secura
01-22-2011, 22:53
Don't worry about it, it's actually a good thing because you were vanilla with low strength.

I'm not too worried, I think I said yesterday that it was unlikely I'd survive because of the content of what I had posted... everything I said was true and if there's one thing that mafia players don't like, it's townies like me.

As for my character, I wasn't entirely optimistic from the get-go considering how long he survives in the webcomic; a grand total of five frames, it seems. Being vanilla didn't bother me so much as being vanilla in a game that appeared to be full of cool characters.

Beskar is a possible lynch option, but I'd not put more than a few votes on him while you dig around and see if there's an alternative.

And if I'm not allowed to post after death, then Diamondeye can tell me to bugger off. :3

robbiecon
01-22-2011, 22:54
I will stick with Vote: Renata.

Secura
01-22-2011, 23:03
Why does Renata get your vote, robbiecon?

We're reaching the end-game now, simply casting your vote won't wash at this stage. :3

Askthepizzaguy
01-22-2011, 23:03
I will stick with Vote: Renata.

Sure.

Apparently I decided against vig killing last night. I wonder why. :laugh4:

God Emperor
01-22-2011, 23:09
I thought I would be dead by now :O anyway I guess it's time to go back in the thread and look at people's behavior

Secura
01-22-2011, 23:09
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-

What are the reasons for these votes? Is there not going to be any discussion or anything?

I can tell that being dead is going to infuriate me to no end. ¬_¬

Askthepizzaguy
01-22-2011, 23:16
Theory is that Renata bussed her partner on a round where there was no good vote for the mafia.

I'll be back in 8 hours or so to see if there's any reason to vote anyone else.

Romanic
01-22-2011, 23:29
The case about Beskar is that he has made a lot of defensive posts so far (on why his vote on WH wasn't a grudge, why he didn't kill WH, why he isn't mafia), and not so many useful posts.

I cannot find a single post where he appears to be looking for scum.

Also, a look at his vote gives me the feeling that he doesn't care much:

D1, voted Winston Hughes (Town), as a joke.
D2, voted Autolycus (Serial Killer) because he was 3rd on the Beskar bandwagon (lol)
But this vote is also an attempt to save himself, which was very possibly his main motivation for voting autolycus,
D3 Voted God Emperor, simply because GE was voting for him.
Later, moved his vote on robbiecon because "he came out of nowhere". Both votes are bad cases.

Lastly, each time I spoke privately with Beskar about this game, his answers were quick and no attempt to "solve" the game were made by him.

Bottom line, Beskar is a bad townie, or he's motivated by his scum alignment.

Askthepizzaguy
01-22-2011, 23:32
I believe he's a bad townie.

If he were scum he'd care more, and at least attempt to deflect criticism by trying harder.

Remember, townies suck. Mafia rule. If someone is doing a bang-up job, I gotta know why.

Beskar
01-22-2011, 23:34

She is the mafia.

Secura
01-22-2011, 23:35
Remember, townies suck.

:stare: