PDA

View Full Version : New battle voices mod v1.0

Durango
02-11-2011, 18:11
Hi MTW Main hallers!

I have created new sounds for troops shouting and dying in the battle mode. Finally, we are rid of the
old Shogun yells and cries which are somewhat unsuitable for the medieval battlefields of Europe.

Now, IMHO the men sound a bit more closer to what they should!

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=90233

Just unzip, and drop the included files in the Medieval - Total War\Sounds\Battle\Troops folder.
Choose "Yes" to overwrite the files.

Feel free to tell me what you all think...

:bow:

Axalon
02-11-2011, 21:16
Yup, 1 Download... :)

Durango
02-11-2011, 23:04
Trevligt att höra! Hur går det med Redux på sistone då? Det är bara att använda ljuden i din mod om du vill :thumbsup:

(I'm just asking Axalon how Redux is going along, don't be alarmed... never mind the IKEA-speak)

Raz
02-12-2011, 03:44
Hahah "IKEA-speak", I love it. I also love IKEA music and IKEA movies (I believe the original title is Låt den rätte komma in)! :laugh4:

Can I ask where did you get the sounds from? Or how did you make them?
They're quite good.

PershsNhpios
02-12-2011, 06:32
Even as the eagle, when he mark'th a man straying thereout in the field, doth hastily glide and hover o'er him, that he might pluck what vermin fodder flee before the man, so do I, seeing our fellow Durango make suddenly a thread in this guild, come swiftly to attention, that I might apprehend what advantageous gifts he may yield.

Downloaded.

Durango
02-12-2011, 12:42
@Raz: Cool that you like the sounds! They are from my old Half-Life 2 and Counterstrike: Source modding projects
that I just discovered anew, but I sadly can't remember where I got them from. I would love to give credit to
whoever found them first, even though they are most likely from some other game. What I did was arrange, normalize
pitch and adjust volume as well as convert them using audio editing software.

And yes, that movie is quite good :smile:

But the Danes are embarrassingly adept at making movies compared to us Swedes.... I'm reminded of that while
watching Valhalla Rising recently. Highly recommended!

@Glenn: Even though it is naught but a tiny detail, it pleases my mind that Sir Glenn finds this little contribution
wothwhile.

gollum
02-12-2011, 19:05
Thanks for this - will try it shortly.

:bow:

Durango
02-12-2011, 20:44
Gollum, I hope you are not offended by me saying that the STW sounds are wrong for MTW,
as I only meant that they are inappropriate :bow:

The STW voices sound asian enough that it's noticeable. Especially when the men on the battlefield are
fighting in small group or chasing routers, they really sounded like Samurai duking it out! And that's also
where you'll notice the difference my sounds make the most.

I was planning to create completely new order voices too, but to my horror they are totally hardcoded...
Who wouldn't have loved a Briton, Norse, Steppe etc. category? A real EB style overhaul, with the
Byzantines sounding greek and all.

Leith
03-09-2011, 19:08
Nice voices:) They are better than the ones I intended to use for my mod. May I use them for the VikingInvasion III mod, Durango ? Thank you !

gollum
03-09-2011, 19:11
No offence whatsoever Durango.

The vanilla battle cries don;t fit the era - they are great for STW but not for MTW - CA was just saving money in doing it this way, but there's no reason why not to improve on it on mods.

virus_found
06-08-2016, 00:47
I wonder if it's still accessible anywhere?

Stazi
06-09-2016, 21:10
Found this (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5wh48y0s3dwu1jc/Durango+battle+sounds.rar) on my hdd. The archive has the same date as OP post so I think this is it.

virus_found
06-10-2016, 08:15
Thank you!