PDA

View Full Version : One Gripe/Suggestion

knoddy
03-21-2011, 01:49
There needs to be a warning about rebellion, i cant keep watch on every provinces happiness every turn, even if its just a pop up that says loyalty is low in province X, otherwise im finding myself losing provinces to rebels and having to scrable together a ashigaru army to take it back which usually takes an age cos i usually only keep 3-4 units of ashi in a province.

yes?no?maybe? thoughts?

martyshka
03-21-2011, 02:05
In the finances menu, there is a map of the entire japan displayed with every provincial happiness level color coded. Green's in the plus, yellow is neutral, red is rebellious. You dont have to double click every castle every turn, just open the finance menu. Also, I believe that there are warning pop ups for potential rebellion.

knoddy
03-21-2011, 03:37
yes i know theres a map, but i shudnt really have to open said map every turn to check for rebellion and no there is no warning message until there is an actual rebellion. in previous tw's there was warning of low public order before you got an open rebellion.

while i understand it makes it harder to react and thats probably a good thing it does get a little annoying when u have no warning. i wonder if the auto manage option exempts a province thats low happiness.

Zarky
03-21-2011, 05:39
I at least get a notification saying "mounting unrest" whenever a province has negative happiness, and it's just a turn or 2 away from rebellion, just like in previous TWs.

knoddy
03-21-2011, 06:32
O.o interesting im at a loss then, i have had bout 6 rebellions ive had to deal with which i have had no notice of. random maybe ive just been ignoring them

Daevyll
03-21-2011, 13:42
I've noticed both in my campaign.

My theory is that there is a kind of 'rebellion meter' that gets filled up if there is unhappiness, and once it goes past the threshold there is an actual rebellion.
You get a warning if the meter is filling up but not yet full. If it takes 3 turns to fill up, you would get 2 warnings then on turn 3 a rebellion.
So, if the level of unhappiness is so high (food shortages in almost ungarrisoned provinces come to mind) that within 1 turn you go past the threshold, you effectively get no warning and get a rebellion without warning.

On a related note, so far I have only really had trouble when there was a shortage of food. Therefore I always try to keep a buffer of 1-2 surplus food so I can afford to lose a province etc. My castles will just have to wait a bit :)

knoddy
03-21-2011, 22:38
food not a problem i have like 15 surplus lol i assume you are right OR i just am not seeing the messages i often dont look too closely at all the messages at teh start of my turns. my main cause of rebellion is religious unrest (the 2 people on the shimazu island went christian and now im slowly converting their provinces back) and just expanding too fast, leaving small garrisons in unhappy towns lol.

Diamondeye
03-22-2011, 11:33
I believe that the warnings come when the public order is around 0, perhaps 0 or lower, but with no rebellions.
Rebellions are more likely the worse the public order, so if you drop a lot in one turn (moving out a large army), you won't get a warning, you'll just get a rebellion.

Otherwise, it could be rebellions started by enemy agents.

Daveybaby
03-24-2011, 11:50
Yeah, sounds like enemy agents to me, theyre pretty effective at inciting rebellions. Suggested counter: get happiness levels up, place metsukes overseeing provinces.