PDA

View Full Version : civil war and cannot attack julii

cogre
04-26-2011, 16:08
i hadn't played rome vanilia in a while and thought i would give it a go. i an/was playing the scipii and the civil war started. i was able to attack and defeat the brutii without much trouble; however, i was unable to attack the julii. as in i could lay siege to a julii city but was unable to attack it once i had built the siege equipment. weird huh. oh and no i never made an alliance with them after the civil war started. any thoughts, thanx

gollum
04-26-2011, 20:31
Hello cogre,
this sounds suspiciously like the the civil war bug, that was never fixed and was left in RTW v1.5. Unless i am wrong (and i could be), once the civil war started and you were not able to attack all other Romans then you won't be able to do so and there is unfortunately no remedy for the bug afaik.

Ibn-Khaldun
04-26-2011, 20:34
I think I have never got this bug!
Anyway, if you can't attack them then just park your armies so that they would attack you. Also, you can always wait out the siege.

gollum
04-26-2011, 20:39
Cogre, check this thread and see how the Civil War bug works. If your case checks out, then taht's it i'm afraid:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/1275/MAJOR-RTW-Gold-Edition-campaign-ruining-bug?page=1

Originally posted by Assashoryu in the old .com from his post #2 linked above:
"First let me explain how this bug works.
When the senate outlaws other Roman faction that not yours, you receive messages telling you that the other two factions and yours are outlawed. But in fact only one of the factions is outlawed and you are automatically at war with that faction but not with the senate and the other faction. With the faction you are at war you can perform all the war actions you want, but the diplomatic status between you and the not outlawed faction and the senate is frozen in peace no matter what they do, including attacking you. Being so you can’t do anything to defend yourself no matter what.
If it is your faction that is outlawed then you are, probably, automatically at war with the senate and the other two factions and you can proceed as usual, unless you make the mistake of sign a cease fire agreement with any of them. If you do so the cease fire will be also frozen and they can attack you at will and you can’t do anything."

The only thing that you can do, as mentioned in the thread, is reload a save older than the declaration of other Romans as outlaws and "don;t do the same mistake" which basically means, you should make sure that you get outlawed first and that once you get outlawed then you sign no peace treaties to other Romans, as daft as it sounds :)...

:bow:

cogre
04-27-2011, 00:37
oh , it was me that was outlawed. i refused to commit sucicide. and i did all those inane senate missions too. i have heard a bit of this before, that is why i made sure to not declare a ceasefire or anything with the other romans.

thanx guys

edit- and just like that, outta nowhere, it works. due to no input by yours truly. go figure