PDA

View Full Version : Terrain skins

Geppenguin
05-04-2011, 12:11
I have a question about the terrain skins that are being used in EB. I noticed from the screenshots posted on the forums, there seem to be two types of terrain skins for the campaign map. One looks like this:

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/johnhughthom/Guide/testappa2009-08-2222-43-16-00.jpg

This is the terrain type that I have in my version of EB. (It's not my screenshot, it belongs to another user johnhughthom as for some reason I can't take screenshorts of my game). It's rather dull and plain-looking, and it's very similar to that of the original RTW.
This the second terrain type I've observed online:

https://img10.imageshack.us/img10/484/rometwalx20090412203616.jpg

(this belongs to Atraphoenix) It's more aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion) and looks as though it came from MTW:II. What's responsible for the difference, and does the Sea Graphics Switch mod have anything to do with it?

Paltmull
05-04-2011, 16:07
I'm pretty sure those are the campaign textures from the Roma Surrectum mod. You can download them from here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?105242-EB-1.2-MINI-MOD-PACK!). Just scroll down to the line that says 'RS Textures'.

A_Dane
05-04-2011, 18:14
the second picture hurts my eyes s:

fomalhaut
05-04-2011, 20:01
second picture is Roma Surrectum 2's textures, which i use as well. they also change the battle map as well and everything looks very pretty.

it's a great game great mod but the texture work is what interests me the most, EB and RS probably have some of the most skilled modding teams around but their focus were a bit different. RS is like RTW on steroids, boob job, and a degree in history but EB is like the smart, sophisticated but plain looking girl who has dedicated the past 10 years researching the most minute details of ancient shoe straps or something insanely detailed like that. both girl metaphors are impossible to install on steam though.

Delta146
05-05-2011, 07:28
No they are not, I use Steam, EB, and the RSII environment sub mod.

fomalhaut
05-05-2011, 08:12
as do i. but that doesn't disregard the huge amount of effort needed to make every gear turn the right direction. i also use Alex

Geppenguin
05-05-2011, 11:31
I think I'll just take the textures mod. I'm using Ferromancer's mod for BI features to be added (I think he moved it to a different link) and I don't want to risk messing things up. Thanks!

Delta146
05-06-2011, 01:48
as do i. but that doesn't disregard the huge amount of effort needed to make every gear turn the right direction. i also use Alex

There was no large amount of effort for me, in fact I'd say I did no more than I did to install mods for any non-Steam version of RTW that I have used. Perhaps using Alex complicates things, but for me, using RTW Gold on Steam, installing and playing mods has been simple and pretty easy.

Geppenguin
05-06-2011, 12:47
Could someone post an alternative link for the textures? The rapidshare link from the Eb 1.2 mini mod pack thread doesn't work...

Paltmull
05-06-2011, 19:21
It works for me...