PDA

View Full Version : FM's

tujo33
05-14-2011, 20:50
I am playing an Arche Seleukia game right now and loving it, bu the problem I've encountered is my Faction Heir will not have children. He is 40 now and been married for 20 years, doesn't have any traits like infertile etc, but he won't have children. I believe it may be due to having to many FM's as the other branches of the family tree have all had lots of children. Is there a quick way to kill some unwanted FM's with assassins or do I have to send them to some battles to kill them off? Or am I way off on this thought?

Thanks

Taedius
05-14-2011, 20:58
Can't assassinate your own men. They have to die in battle. Otherwise yes, there is a limit on familymembers, tied to the number of provinces. I don't know the maths, though.

Remember, though, that your FM's need to spend time in cities to procreate. Their wives don't follow them in the field.

A_Dane
05-14-2011, 22:31
pretty sure that last part isn't correct - I've have multiple generals have children while being in the field

Taedius
05-15-2011, 02:46
Oh, it's possible it's just some forum/game myth. I've stuck to it, though, but that proves nothing.

A_Dane
05-15-2011, 03:38
I'm absolutely positive, one of my FM's just had a child while besieging a rebel city :)

stratigos vasilios
05-15-2011, 04:01
It doesn't matter where they are, I believe it mostly dependent on the amount of cities to FM ratio.

moonburn
05-15-2011, 05:32
put all the useless fm´s into your crappiest vessel and go onto to the baltic pirate hunting or turn off fow and search the closest pirates

MajorFreak
05-29-2011, 04:01
Oh, it's possible it's just some forum/game myth. I've stuck to it, though, but that proves nothing.there's actually quite a lot of tips and hints i've picked up from this forum recently that i'm starting to suspect is just that...myth. Though, i am paying more attention to the randomness in my game to see if there's some truth to this rumor it's tied to provinces gained. It's kinda tricky though, since i'd have to install total war and play around with ancillaries of fertility and stuff all my generals in a fertility temple. =)

The rumor says it's supposed to be 2-3 per province. Now, i think it's more like 2 males (children or generals) per province ('gained' and homeland)...and i think it's correct since i swear sometimes you can go decades without births and all of a sudden you take province, or someone dies, and baby boom...but that could be just statistics.

bobbin
05-30-2011, 11:35
The best way to get rid of useless FMs is to stick then on the weakest boat you can build and send them to attack pirate fleets, eventually the boat will be destroyed and all of the FMs along with it.

Duguntz
06-02-2011, 21:53
I'm absolutely positive, one of my FM's just had a child while besieging a rebel city :)

Well... Foreing girls can be attractive :)) Far from home since a long time :)

Cute Wolf
06-03-2011, 14:15
glorious charge in front of Ptolemaioi Phalanxes always work for me :P