PDA

View Full Version : Best temples for the Romans?

Oddnerd
06-08-2011, 02:44
Hey everyone, I am starting the romans again, and realized that last time I played them I chose temples at random, when I could be trying to optimize based on location. In my new game, I am placing temples of Mars in all homeland regions, since those ship out all the core troops; however, outside of the Italian peninsula I have no clue what I should place. Most of the other temples seem mostly the same - they all give approximately the same amount of order, except some have law, some have more happiness, some have more health.

Does anyone who knows more about trait gain based on building and other small details about health, happiness, and law have advice on which temples are best where? All I have right now is mars in 1st level gov and ceres everywhere else.

All advice would be great

Arjos
06-08-2011, 04:03
I personally choose the morale/experience temples for the regions where I'll be recruiting the core of my armies, as for the rest I usually go with the law temples unless I'm RPing...

vartan
06-08-2011, 04:56
Other than a public order bonus, does it actually make any difference what you build?

Arjos
06-08-2011, 05:29
Law bonus keeps a lower corruption...
And guess heath ones could be used to boost population or obtain superior healer retainers (?)

econ21
06-08-2011, 06:43
I read that the extra morale for troops recruited in cities with the Temple of Mars was broken; it kind of put me off them.

I try to have one of each temple in my Republic in the hope of getting various different priest ancillaries, but I can't recall ever having one spawn (unlike vanilla TW).

I tend to go Jupiter for places where I have problems with public order; Ceres in trade hotspots and Minerva in mining cities. The others I don't see much use for.

vollorix
06-08-2011, 08:40
I do similar as "econ21", it also depends if i´m going to set a gouverneur to manage the city or not; Mars ( battle ) temples tend to have quite an impact on pessimistic FM´s sometimes ( making them "mad"^^ ), and Ceres temples are good for your plebeian generals, who are more likely to become "popularis", and therfore have a better chance of a carrier in Senate etc.
But for your orientation here is the link to all temples by Ludens: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?96629-Guide-to-Temples-in-Europa-Barbarorum

Taedius
06-09-2011, 14:22
If I can upgrade the existing temple, I often do. But as said by econ21, I have the impression that the morale thing doesn't work, so Mars is out. Jupiter and Minerva gives law, so they are what i usually build in conquered territories, especially getting far from Roma itself. Ceres for trade and populares, Minerva for mining and engineering anciliaries, Vesta for ancilliaries for spies and assassins. These are the main bonuses I've found.

Tyrfingr
06-09-2011, 19:15
Temples of Ceres in core and stable regions (that is, not for from capital and unlikely to revolt) for extra trade, heck I even demolish the already existing Jupiter-temple in Roma and put a Ceres-temple there instead. Everywhere else, Jupiter...