PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited ammo?

RRMike
07-09-2011, 05:24
Does the AI have unlimited ammo even when I have it set to limited? I had a unit of archers shooting it out with a unit of AI archers and when my guys ran out of ammo the AI archers just kept shooting. I finally was able to attack them with a mele unit but they never stopped shooting. The enemy unit started firing first, from elevation, and were firing at least twice as long as my archers and showed no signs of stopping until I charged them.

Vanilla vi

DEB8
07-16-2011, 00:46
Does the AI have unlimited ammo even when I have it set to limited? I had a unit of archers shooting it out with a unit of AI archers and when my guys ran out of ammo the AI archers just kept shooting. I finally was able to attack them with a mele unit but they never stopped shooting. The enemy unit started firing first, from elevation, and were firing at least twice as long as my archers and showed no signs of stopping until I charged them.

Vanilla vi

Not 100% sure what happens re MTW as I have limited knowledge here, but on STW the AI always runs out of ammo well after I have in similar circumstances. However, they do run out eventually! I have noted in MTW, that armoured units take far less casualties than non-armoured units, more so than occurred in STW. Also ( in MTW ) Xbows & Alb ammo supply lasts far longer than Archers.

bunt0025
11-01-2011, 15:17

Vanilla vi

Yeah, they will just keep flinging... at least on Vanilla MTW. I just consider it one of those things that the AI has that counter balances the dumb things it does... like failing to turn their spears toward your cavalry until the last moment (therefore loosing rank bonuses due to the disorganization).

Ironside
11-04-2011, 09:36
IIRC they have limited ammo.

The thing is that they don't always spend the arrows in the same pace as you. Thicker formation means that less arrows in every volley, making the ammo useage go down.

Axalon
11-04-2011, 13:34
Does the AI have unlimited ammo even when I have it set to limited?

No...

The thing is that they don't always spend the arrows in the same pace as you. Thicker formation means that less arrows in every volley, making the ammo useage go down.

Very true...

- A