PDA

View Full Version : Buildling Farms

Vasiliyi
07-25-2011, 04:42
I was wondering what everybody else did. Do you build farms higher than the first level? I remember doing it and having a serious problem controlling growth. Is it worthwhile to build them?

Basileus_ton_Basileon
07-25-2011, 07:16
They tend to be worthwhile in your 'core' capital regions, philos. Without the distance to capital penalty, the increased population growth is reasonably manageable. Every bit of income helps.

Sapper
07-25-2011, 08:19
I always build them, everywhere. Farms bring in extra income themselves but more importantly the increased growth allows for larger markets and mines and trade ports all of which bring in a lot more income. Larger towns and cities do of course suffer from increased squalor but there are many ways to deal with that and I find that to be a lot less important than the increased income.

Blxz
07-25-2011, 10:07
I have no problems with cheating to reduce population when cities become insane and I have maxed my garrison capability. I consider it a workaround for a game limitation. For that reason I welcome the early pop growth, although income is virtually worthless as farming values in EB have been reduced significantly.

XSamatan
07-25-2011, 10:55
Check MAA's CityMod in the sub-mod section, it manages growth and squalor different than Vanilla and should be worth a try.

XSamatan