PDA

View Full Version : Right building sequence for Saka Allied Government?

Alexandros Megas
07-27-2011, 18:05
Hello to everybody! I need your help Generals! I began recently a campaign with Saka Rauka. Their c. I had before played a littele with them, but I abandoned that game. I want to make a historical game. However, I have problems in build the Allied Goverment and so, to have access to greek infantry.

I build first the Indigenous Settlements, then Migration and then I tried with Nomadism and Pastoralism, but I couldn't see the option for the Allied Government. In the Building tree is not clear what is the path to follow.

Thanks a lot for your help!

PD: If anyone can tell me some tips about this faction (basically in which direction I must go: eastward to India, after the destruction of Baktra, and in with the risk of being attacked by Arche Seleukeia or Pahlava or go westward and destroy Pahlava and the Arche). Thanks!

Lazy O
07-27-2011, 18:35
WHY ARE YE USING CAPS? THEY HURT THE EYES!!!

Morte66
07-27-2011, 18:45
You can only build Allied Government in regions that don't have the "Nomad" or "Mixed" hidden resource. There is also a minimum settlement size for it, the second smallest (2000 people?). Most of the areas you're likely to conquer early on are unsuitable. Baktra was the first place I conquered that let me build it. I found a very old map of the nomad/mixed regions here: https://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrnomadmixed2cv.gif -- it's probably been changed but I couldn't find a newer one.

If Allied Government is available, I think it'll appear as an option to build as soon as you demolish the old government. It can co-exist with Indiginous Settlements (for extra law), but not with Migration, Nomadism, or Pastoralism.

As for advice... it's your choice. The big question is do you want to fight the Seleucids? Because once you start they won't stop while you have a border with them. Histrorically I think the Saka went for Bactria and India. You can get some nice units in Baktra and Taksashila with allied governments and level 3-5 local MICs.

Do remember that your family remember will be outsiders wherever you put an allied government, so they'll cause disorder if they enter the cities. And if you recruit generals as allied governors for those cities their bodyguards will cost money. So I'd only put in the allied government when you want a major MIC, and otherwise go for pastoralism.

Alexandros Megas
07-27-2011, 19:15
Thanks Morte for the map! It will be very useful to me!

I was waiting for that option in Alex Eschate and Marakanda! I havent't conquered yet Baktra, but today I will do it! I want to have at least the Hoplitai Haploi for garrison purposes to defend my cities. With my FM and HA I think I can take the offensive in a blitz, although I would prefer to be slow and unify the tribes (although the steppes are very poor), and then attack the main cities.

I have conquered at the moment: Chach, Gava Saka, Alex Eschate and Marakanda.

So, the right way in Baktra is: a) Indigenous Settlements, b) Allied Government, c) Regional MIC ???

LazyO and evryone! I apologize for the Caps!

Morte66
07-27-2011, 20:07
So, the right way in Baktra is: a) Indigenous Settlements, b) Allied Government, c) Regional MIC ???
I think you can do the first two in either order, but I prefer the order you used (to get the law bonus sooner).

Ludens
07-27-2011, 20:40
I've changed the thread title to make it easier to read. Can't change post-titles without editing the posts themselves, though.

Titus Marcellus Scato
07-28-2011, 13:00
For Saka, I've only played the early part of the campaign, up to 200 BC. All I use for garrisons is foot archers. And if I want Greek troops, I hire mercenaries. Hiring mercs is my favourite method of recruitment in the early game, since it doesn't deplete town populations.

Atraphoenix
07-28-2011, 18:37
It is a really a tough challenge to have a campaign with Saka. Good luck!
For your campaign there are some same advices to offer for all nomads pahlav/saka/sauros:

-Never disband your main army,
-loot a lot,
-hire mercenaries cos you need lots of money and high level of MICs to hire your fearsome cataphracts...