PDA

View Full Version : Live streaming? Democratic single player?

FlimFlam
07-30-2011, 20:25
Greetings!

I have an idea and would like to see if anybody would be interested.

As you may have seen, streaming live media over the internet is not only easy to do, but incredibly popular, especially when it comes to video games!

You can check out places like Ustream.tv and twitch.tv / justin.tv and see quite a few different varieties being streamed and watched.

I think it would be quite fun to have a regularly scheduled live event, where a streamer plays the campaign.

Everything from faction choice, to unit scale, to difficulty shall be voted on using polls in the live chat application that runs alongside the live stream. Who to attack, what to build, who to ally with, all this would be voted on and discussed by the chat members and voiced by the streamer, with moderators to take polls and potentially co-streamers for more in-depth discussions (using something like skype).

What we end up with is a sort of viewer interactive game experience where the decisions come from majority vote (a sort of senate :D ?)

The show could take place, just for example, for 1 or 2 hour stretches, every weeknight, or on weekends, or even more often if there are plenty of viewers or the streamer has enough free time. And it would happen at a specific time, so if you really enjoy it, you won't miss any campaign progress!

There could be a forum thread where strategic debates can take place between actual streaming sessions as well.

Strictly speaking i would even sit down and watch someone play the campaign without this interactivity because i find it so damn interesting and entertaining.

If i get a capable computer in the, I'm definitely going to at least stream some campaign play, but would anyone be interested or even excited about an interactive decision making style stream?

Hepzibah3
09-24-2011, 00:21
Totally with ya brother realize this post was from a long time ago, but it seems pretty damn cool!