PDA

View Full Version : My solution for Medieval total war desktop crash.

Tsapluuna
10-24-2011, 13:42
Hi! I had problem with Medieval Total war crashing to desktop after loading to campaign map. I noticed most of the help topics were related to users having nVIDIA graphic cards but I have a basic laptop, Acer 5315 with integrated intel graphics card and Vista OS. I tried to solve the ctd problem by setting the campaign map resolution to 800x600 and changing desktop resolution to same. But this only helped a little because there was still random ctds. Then later this stopped working completely for unknown reasons and it crashed each time. I got tired of this and decided to try running the game on Windows XP. The game worked immediately and with normal resolution. I noticed in Vista I couldn't get it to fullscreen but in XP it worked in fullscreen automatically. So if some people still have crashing problems with Medieval total war and you are using new operating system, I suggest installing XP in different partition. It was the only solution that worked. I formatted the partition where I had downloads and stuff and saved all important things to the partition where I had Vista. Then I made 2 partitions in the formatted partition, one small one for XP and another one where I can put my downloads. Remember to download a program that restores Vista bootloader and put it some place where you can find later, for an example save it to partition which you won't format then run it later in Xp. Otherwise you won't be able to start Vista again. I hope this helps people who still have this problem! :nice:

drone
10-24-2011, 16:08
Welcome to the Org, Tsapluuna! ~:wave:

The integrated graphics definitely can cause problems, good to know you got it working though. I'm able to run MTW in Vista with an ATI card, but XP is definitely friendlier to the game than Vista/7.