PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest version of Medieval: Total War?

Thrillology
12-12-2011, 04:00
For the regular game, I lost my Gold Edition (?) game (thrown out on accident).

So, I am wondering- what is the latest version (update/patch) of Medieval Total War? I want to get the modification started! :D

I am experienced in modifying Medieval 2: Total War... but... made the game a monster and doesn't work anymore.

I can't seem to find a patch- it either shows Medieval Total War Gold or Medieval Total War Barbarian Invasion or Medieval 2: total war

Edit:
Whoops! I meant for the original Medieval, the first Medieval total War that came out. (WITHOUT Gold or Barbarian).

drone
12-12-2011, 15:45
Let's see if I get this correct, it got complicated with the MTW Gold version...

The final version is MTW with Viking Invasion, patched to 2.01. MTW alone (v1.0) has a patch to 1.1, this patch is not necessary if VI is installed. MTW Gold has both MTW and VI, however there is a separate 2.01 patch for the Gold version, it's not the same patch file as the MTW + VI 2.01 patch. And I believe the Eras version of MTW Gold comes with the 2.01 patch already.

You can get these patches from our host site, Atomic Gamer, in this directory (http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=2732).

caravel
12-12-2011, 16:00
The gold edition patch is just "Medieval_TW.exe" v2.01 inside a .zip file.

What you need is the v1.1 patch. Modding of MTW v1.x is possible but not as extensively as v2.x.

Thrillology
12-13-2011, 00:59
Cool.

This website is better than the other ones in my opinion for Medieval: Total War. :)
Thanks, but what is IV/VI?

Edit:
VI Must mean Viking Invasion.
Never mind- no need to answer the question on "What is VI?". I should've paid more attention to the text.

caravel
12-13-2011, 11:53
Cool.

This website is better than the other ones in my opinion for Medieval: Total War. :)
Not just your opinion, it's pretty much a fact. (:smug:) This is the oldest site and has the most long standing Shogun and Medieval (1) communities. Most of the mods/modders for these games have been and some still are, based here also. The totalwar.com official Shogun and Medieval forums are also decent enough, though quite a bit quieter than even this one is nowadays, the main focus over there is understandably always the latest game, though there are some decent and helpful members still active in the forums for older titles. The TWC is not really a STW/MTW community site as IIRC it started up around the time Rome was released - and their whole modus operandi is based around that game and the classical theme.