PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Libyan Spearmen?

Nightmare
12-22-2011, 22:04
In my Carthage campaign I keep noticing that a right click on a barracks says that it should be able to produce "Libyan heavy spearmen" (or perhaps heavy Libyan spearmen). However, I can't do this even though I have the maximum tier barracks I can build.

Anyone ever seen these spearmen? Do I have to wait until some reform to get them?

Arjos
12-22-2011, 22:15
-At least year 235BC
-Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
-Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
OR
-Wait until 200BC

That...

Brave Brave Sir Robin
12-22-2011, 22:26
African Elite Infantry and Iberian Assault Infantry are also tied to this reform meaning that 3 of the best/better native units Carthage can recruit are reform units. I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...

Arjos
12-22-2011, 22:28
I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...

Supposedly the infantry wears roman equipment, while the pikemen are a well tested hellenistic feature :)

Nightmare
12-22-2011, 22:41
African Elite Infantry and Iberian Assault Infantry are also tied to this reform meaning that 3 of the best/better native units Carthage can recruit are reform units. I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...

I can build African elite and have been able to build them for quite a while. Are you saying that if I can build them, I should be able to build the other?

Ca Putt
12-22-2011, 23:57
A reform marker spawns in your settlement once the reform hits, then you should be able to recruit all listed units.

Tanit
12-23-2011, 05:28
These reforms are/will be better handled in EB2

Brave Brave Sir Robin
12-23-2011, 06:01
I can build African elite and have been able to build them for quite a while. Are you saying that if I can build them, I should be able to build the other?

There are African Elite Pikemen and African Elite Infantry who fight in a Roman/Celtiberian style. The Pikes are recruitable pre-reform while the Infantry are only available post-reform.

Nightmare
12-23-2011, 13:19
There are African Elite Pikemen and African Elite Infantry who fight in a Roman/Celtiberian style. The Pikes are recruitable pre-reform while the Infantry are only available post-reform.

Ah, I think I was referring to the pikemen. And here I thought I could build every unit Carthage had to offer. How wrong I was.

moonburn
12-27-2011, 18:33
basically represents the poenii adopting new tactics going from an influenced greek (hoplitai) hellenic (phallangitai) military organisation to a more manouverable roman (legionary/dunaminaca) organisation since they started to have to go deeper into iberia and italy to fight their wars instead of their typical disembark them on the beach and fight the batle there (phallangitai rule in a plain but in broken terrain the hability to manouver is more important then maintaining the cohesion of your lines )

hope it´s summed up a bit and i didn´t made too many mistakes or generalisations