PDA

View Full Version : Goidilic shock infantry

PureEvil[PIE]
12-27-2011, 18:47
Hello, your friendly neighbourhood evil pie is here :charge:. Quick question! I recently tried a custom battle to settle some curiousities on such things as "who would win between this and that guy". When I came across a certain unit I believe was called "Goidilic elite shock infantry". They were extremely powerful, used spears, looked like they had bronze chainmail and they had NINJA MASKS ON! I'm just wondering if they are available to recruit in the campaign as the Casse, the most powerful Goidilic units I've managed to get were "Goidilic noble infantry" or something. Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you :>.

bobbin
12-27-2011, 18:51
No they were disabled from the campaign due to the team not being able to check the sources they had been based on. You can re-enable them with a bit of editing to the EDB though.

PureEvil[PIE]
12-27-2011, 19:43
Ah thank you very much, I'll have a bit of a tinker around then :).

Blxz
12-27-2011, 23:33
It seems such a waste that there are these unused units out there. That goidlic unit and the pretty rainbow horsies, and there may be others I am unaware of. Wish we could use them in-game.

How hard is it to edit the EDB?

PureEvil[PIE]
12-28-2011, 00:24
I agree on that :<. And I'm still looking around in it, not really changing anything for fear of breaking it, though, it seems very similar to the Data in Rome so it can't be that hard to modify slightly.

Fluvius Camillus
12-28-2011, 00:30
Hah, nothing compared to the Vasci Armoured Shock Infantry! The best unit in game in a pitched fight!

https://europabarbarorum.com/i/units/lusotannan/lus_dosidataskeli.gif

Oh the good ol' 0.8x days when the Luso's spammed Gaul with it!

~Fluvius

bobbin
12-28-2011, 00:53
It seems such a waste that there are these unused units out there. That goidlic unit and the pretty rainbow horsies, and there may be others I am unaware of. Wish we could use them in-game.

How hard is it to edit the EDB?

Pretty rainbow horsies? Do you mean the Curisii cavalry? IIRC the Lusotanna get the skin with the colourful banding on it.

Off the top of my head only 3 units that were cut from the game are still present in the game files, these are the Goidilic Heavy Spearmen that the OP is talking about, the Goidilic Hammer Infantry and the Iberian Heavy Spearmen who were a slightly better version of the Goidilic ones. There also used to be a two handed Ethiopian Axemen unit but the texture files were removed in the later releases.

It's not hard to edit the EDB although the file is very intimidating to look at at first, once you learn to look past the massive lines of code its pretty simple. The missing units are enabled by simply removing the not_here segment at the end of each of their recruitment lines.

;2053408413']I agree on that :<. And I'm still looking around in it, not really changing anything for fear of breaking it, though, it seems very similar to the Data in Rome so it can't be that hard to modify slightly.

Do a search of the forums, the question has come up loads of times before and there must be at least a dozen posts detailing the process.

Ps. Always back up a file before you try and edit it, you could very easily break your game otherwise.

PureEvil[PIE]
12-28-2011, 14:52
Do a search of the forums, the question has come up loads of times before and there must be at least a dozen posts detailing the process.

Ps. Always back up a file before you try and edit it, you could very easily break your game otherwise.
I shall do so! My apologies if I created a copy-cat thread, I did do a search for Goidilic shock infantry but I didn't find anyway.

athanaric
12-28-2011, 15:55
Pretty rainbow horsies? Do you mean the Curisii cavalry? IIRC the Lusotanna get the skin with the colourful banding on it.

They do. Also on their bodyguard unit. And on Leuce Epos.

Atraphoenix
12-28-2011, 23:43
H

Oh the good ol' 0.8x days when the Luso's spammed Gaul with it!

~Fluvius

Luso still spam iberia later galia on my campaigns only romans keeps them at check esp if the roman AI has 20 provinces to trigger marians.

Blxz
12-29-2011, 05:51

Not sure, I thought there was an persian heavy horse unit that had some colours on it. But I can't be sure as I have only even seen a forum picture. It may well have been the luso horse varient.

Tanit
12-29-2011, 18:13
Does anyone have a copy of 0.8 exe?

Ludens
12-29-2011, 19:35
Does anyone have a copy of 0.8 exe?

TWC download center (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=913).

Tanit
12-30-2011, 04:01
Download no longer works.

Ludens
12-30-2011, 12:15
Download no longer works.

I am afraid I couldn't find any other links. There is a copy of the open beta (http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/37316/europa-barbarorum-v0-7-2-open-beta) on Atomic Gamer, though. Would that do?

Tanit
12-31-2011, 06:50
Thanks!