PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone be of assistance?

TotalWarFan
01-12-2012, 16:52
Hello everyone, I've been an admirer of this Forum for sometime but only recently joined. I have been a fan of the total war series for a long time. I have had very few problems until I recently bought Shogun 2. The game looks great, love the graphics, love the idea (would be amazing if they made Rome 2 in this manner).

The problem is a weird crash that I seem to get after a large battle. During the battle, the game runs no problem, fast etc. The problem is after the battle (usually when I get the 'Heroic victory' tab up) I click end battle and the screen locks on its way back to the campaign screen. The sound carries on and the game thinks it has gone to the campaign map but it is stuck on the loading screen. Eg, i can press escape and hear the tab come up but cant see it because of the loading screen. I have tried to press Cntrl S to save the victory and tried to somehow click save from the escape menu that I cant see. To no avail. I have to exit the game using alt F4 and it reloads to just before the battle. This is a regular ctd and I cant seem to find a way to counter it.

For your information here is my Computer spec:

Dell XPS XPS720
5.3 (WEI rating)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
4 GB RAM
32- Bit Operating System (Vista)
NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX

Here are some ways Ive tried to counter it

1: Before every Start I verify the integrity of Game Cashe Via Steam. (Usually finds 10 or 5 files that it then downloads)
2: Disable Anti virus and firewall + internet connection when the game has started
3: Set priority of Shogun to 'High' using the Task Manager + stopping any process that is not necessary to the computer functioning.
4: Turning the Game Graphics to Low even thou it 'auto detects' at High
5: Tearing my hear out, doing some starjumps, and treating my Girlfriend better in a Karma Attempt.

Unfortunately, none of these steps have worked and i'm losing patience with it (which is a damn shame). I've probably posted this in the wrong place as i'm a bit of a newb to forums. If anyone can help me Id appreciate it a lot. Has anyone encountered the same thing?

Thanks in Advance, Please help if you can

Dan

Peasant Phill
01-12-2012, 20:38
Welcome to the Org TotalWarFan.

For those kind of questions, better check the Apothecary (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?15-Apothecary)

Andres
01-12-2012, 21:19
Hello and welcome TotalWarFan ~:wave:

Does this problem occur on only this specific battle? Have you tried loading an older save and continue the campaign from there? Does it only happen after a Heroic Victory? I'm not really qualified to help with this, but perhaps the answer to those questions can be useful for our friends over at the Apothecary.

I hope there's a solution for your problem and will keep my thumbs up for you :2thumbsup: