WOTR as the front wheels

BkB as the Front Axle

Redux as the Engine

Tyberius as the Chassis

XL as the suspension

NTW as the Rear Axle

PMTW as the rear wheels

Fall of Rome as the spare wheel

And all of this accessorised by me !!! To paraphrase Nicholas Cage from Next wouldn't that just blow your mind.....

gollum
01-13-2012, 19:26
I'm not sure it would even move.

drone
01-14-2012, 05:40
I'm not sure it would even move.
:laugh4:

What do you have in mind, amritochates?

Stazi
01-14-2012, 20:30
Imagine a mod as a car- A car with:...
I see... a steampunk car designed by Giger and it frightens me :shocked2:.

amritochates
01-15-2012, 09:23
Firstly my gratitude to all those who responded- Gollum, Drone and Stazi. All will be revealed in due course, provided the responses keep coming....:wink3:

Continuing on from my previous post: Please accept my metaphors literally i.e that the animating forces behind such a monster will be:

Redux as the Engine

Tyberius as the Chassis

XL as the suspension

with the others acting as ancillaries.

I'm not sure it would even move. Move... First of all it must be made. But who could make it ??

To make a mod requires a certain degree of genius. A full conversion mod is that Rara Avis that flies on the basis of 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. And there are, but a few who could accomplish such a gargantuan task.

But once a mod is created how much of a genius does one have to be to reverse engineer and combine several disparate mods, to extract the relevant elements out of each mod, to deftly combine them so that the diverse elements complement each other, and finally to combine them together into one seamless whole. To paraphrase Lord Vetinari he must be a clever man and as we all know the Org is full of clever men..... and women.

Top of my head I would say that the creator of such a mod would have to be someone who would have played all of the mods referenced in the first post, and have determined that there was no need for him to reinvent the wheel all over again (at least graphically). He could just extract those elements that he appreciated and configured his mod to fit those elements and not the other way round. He could have decided not to introduce any new factions so that he could utilise the inbuilt hard coded shield icons. He would obviously configure the existing factions instead to improve the game play.

In fact I will go onto a limb and say that such a individual, could have had his nvidia9xx series card blow up on him and was forced to use the inbuilt 7xx card on his motherboard. He could have then realised that MTW-VI is once again playable on his computer. He would then dusted off his old mods and dissatisfied with them and could have commenced on his own mod. He would have initiated this project on maybe 15th of July and would have perhaps completed it on let's say 15th of December, and has been play testing it ever since.

But this is all conjecture on my part, What do you think ???

PS. Perhaps he would call his mod(I am inserting my own name here since I obviously know no one who could create such a Frankenstein) ATMM i.e Amritochate's TosaInu Memorial Mod, to represent that which is the best in each mod just as TosaInu represented the best that is in each of us...

PPS. If the creator of such a mod was to take screen shots and then have converted them into J PEG format using Irfanview how would he go about showing them off?? A step by step guide if there would be helpful.

Stazi
01-15-2012, 12:30
Hmm..it may be an interesting subject to discuss but your vision is still very vague for me.

Redux as the Engine
Tyberius as the Chassis
XL as the suspension
with the others acting as ancillaries.
I assume you played all those mods so let me know what you like the most in each.

But once a mod is created how much of a genius does one have to be to reverse engineer and combine several disparate mods, to extract the relevant elements out of each mod, to deftly combine them so that the diverse elements complement each other, and finally to combine them together into one seamless whole. To paraphrase Lord Vetinari he must be a clever man and as we all know the Org is full of clever men..... and women.

And in the end it may prove that the mod is brilliant only for you because other players like other parts of the mods you combined. There is no such thing as "the best for all".

Top of my head I would say that the creator of such a mod would have to be someone who would have played all of the mods referenced in the first post, and have determined that there was no need for him to reinvent the wheel all over again (at least graphically). He could just extract those elements that he appreciated and configured his mod to fit those elements and not the other way round. He could have decided not to introduce any new factions so that he could utilise the inbuilt hard coded shield icons. He would obviously configure the existing factions instead to improve the game play.
First, shield icons are not hardcoded (at least in VI). Generally, you can't do much about graphics cause textures have limited dimensions. Redux is probably the best mod in terms of graphics and visuals.
AI in another story. Shogun I seems to have the best AI but IMO only because it has very limited number of units and buildings. I like huge development trees and big variety of units. In this case Pike&Musket is the best for me. Even if you own a province the whole time and you non-stop construct something you can't build all possible buildings (unless you change the end date :smiley:). This force you to choose the specialization for a province (military/agricultural/trade/wonders). AI can't think that way so big development trees are vary hard to balance.

Ok it's my 2 cents. Let's see what others think.

Durango
01-15-2012, 12:42
Dear Sir amritochates, is it my correct understanding that one, in fact, may presuppose that the author of the aforementioned and articulate posting thereof is spending his valuable time and labor producing a most lavish and affectionate work of a truly ingenious and affable kind? A modification perhaps?

amritochates
01-15-2012, 13:06
Dear Sir amritochates, is it my correct understanding that one, in fact, may presuppose that the author of the aforementioned and articulate posting thereof is spending his valuable time and labor producing a most lavish and affectionate work of a truly ingenious and affable kind? A modification perhaps?

Sir Durango my felicitations- I am so honored by your presence sufficiently so that I am going to break my single post per day rule just for you. In fact as a tribute to your presence I will go so far as to reveal that that map that is the basis of the mod being postulated is non other than your XL map with borders.

And to answer your query if my previous post is perused punctiliously you would have noticed that I am postulating a mod not in creation but already in existence i.e as we speak is being play tested by its creator whoever he or she might be.

But that as explained earlier, is just speculation ........or is it ??:sweetheart:

And in the end it may prove that the mod is brilliant only for you because other players like other parts of the mods you combined. There is no such thing as "the best for all".

And to you Sir Spiro who else would one make a mod for if not oneself....

And to answer your second query I will do a little bit of crystal ball gazing and Madam Marina the gypsy queen predicts that the postulated mod will have 255 units not including ships or agents, in fact she says that the final mod has 297 units if ships and agents are included- and will have an unlimited building tree with 69 building trees(BTW PMTW has 67- I checked up my copy and quite a few are borrowed from it as well). But thats Madame Marina and I take no responsibility for anyone believing her.

gollum
01-15-2012, 16:19
amritochates, friendly advice: dont sweat it too much.

Just enjoy.