PDA

View Full Version : RTW succession game

Myth
01-25-2012, 13:42
Hey to all the RTW veterans and enthusiasts. Since it's pretty hard to have a proper RTW hotseat, are any of you interested in a succession game instead? A succession game is where we start a campaign with a faction and everyone plays either a set number of turns or one faction leader's lifetime. During that time you play SP and set the priorities for the factin, give accounts of what happened while you were ruling, and you pass on the save after your FL dies or x number of turns go by.

Writeups with in-character posts of view and with screenshots are ecnouraged but not mandatory. You are also encouraged to roleplay your Faction Leader to his traits, to reflect the kind of leader he was. Or you can be the kind of leader you'd want to roleplay (builder/defender, glorious conqueror, diplomat, master of assassins etc.)

I would set rules as:

- A gentleman's agreement on not reloading spying/assassination attempts
- Not selling map info/alliance for more than 500 denarii
- Not using surround&destroy on enemy agents and armies
- Not suiciding mad/incompetent family members if they are the FL, FH or have a position in the Senate (if Roman)

Now faction choice remains to be made, though I'd actually give the Julii a try just for history's sake and for the sake of great roleplaying. I'm sure Reluctant Samurai would vote for Armenia though I admit I know next to nothing of the nation during this time period and RPing will be much harder than for the infamous red toy soldiers.

The games will be played over at the .org's very own Throne Room (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?38-Throne-Room). As a bonus I'll make a nice image and signatures for the game!

Ibn-Khaldun
01-27-2012, 01:13
I might be interested in this. ~:)

Myth
01-27-2012, 01:33
Great! Any preference for faction choice?

Ibn-Khaldun
01-30-2012, 23:23
No, Julii is good for me. :yes:

I suggest we go with 10 turn periods.

Myth
01-31-2012, 08:57
Might you be interested in making this an Europa Barbarroum game instead?

GenosseGeneral
01-31-2012, 11:33
Might you be interested in making this an Europa Barbarroum game instead?
Yes, this would be awesome!

Myth
01-31-2012, 12:32
EB - Romanii campaign, VH/M then?

Ibn-Khaldun
01-31-2012, 16:01
I personally would prefer M/M. In most of the games I try to roleplay a lot and so Medium campaign difficulty is what I usually use. However, if others want to play VH then I'm fine with that.

Myth
02-03-2012, 09:21
OK I'll get this going i the Throne Room over the weekend. Do you guys know other RTW players that might be interested?

I prefer VH/M as I want the AI to have the numerical advantage vs. us.

leonardo davinci
02-06-2012, 12:47
hey, i know this is a little off-topic, but i don't know where else to ask:
where can i find the save files? i see the file called saves, but it is empty. how is that possible? i have started and saved many campaigns, so why can't i see them? thanks in advance.

ReluctantSamurai
02-06-2012, 21:12
Saves for my games are in the "Saves" folder, so perhaps you inadvertently designated a different folder to keep saves??

I'd be interested in playing if had had more time, which sadly at the moment, I do not:shame:

Myth
02-09-2012, 09:49
Romans, citizens, I give you: Resurgere Romani Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republic) (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140097-EB-succession-game-Resurgere-Romani-Reipublicae-%28Rise-of-the-Roman-Republic%29&p=2053421436#post2053421436)

Jupiter bless your endeavours and Mars strengthen your arm to better vanquish our enemies!