PDA

View Full Version : Query - Did Anyone figure out how much it costs to bribe El Cid?

Snoil The Mighty
02-06-2012, 09:14
Asked this in the Spanish guide but with MTW2 getting light traffic thought I'd ask here as well. Just curious if anyone ever figured how much to bribe El Cid in Valencia at the beginning of the game, never managed it myself and I think I'll be doing a Spanish Crusader campaign soon

Razorwind
02-06-2012, 12:07
i dont think its possible to bribe him

i was curious about it once myself so i used console commands and gave myself 100k+ and he still just rejected

Myth
02-09-2012, 16:24
I remember a thread a year or so ago about this. Apparently even 250k was not enough. You can try assaulting his fort, killing all his armies and leaving only him, then trying to bribe again.

BTW repeated bribe rejections raise your FL's dread.

Snoil The Mighty
03-07-2012, 14:22
Crikey, 250k still a no-go.....I think I might have to try the 'whittle his armies down' angle just to see if in fact it can be done. Sounds like he has some modifier making it impossible, though I expect the modders would have caught it. I may not be clever, but I am persistent....

Myth
03-08-2012, 15:54
He probably has 10 loyalty. I'ts been a long time since I played vanila M2TW. You can probably find his traits in some file and edit out the loyalty ones.