PDA

View Full Version : Small Mafia Game A History of Violence [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Visor
03-09-2012, 10:53
Hello, and welcome to yet another badly hosted game by yours truly. :tongue:

Rules:

•24 hour days and 24 hour night phases. Phases may be extended if needed and if I require.
•You can contribute after death, can't use private offthread info though, can't PM people, etc.
•You may not post your role PM.
•No screenshots, etc.
•You may talk to players outside the thread.
•You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Visorslash. Votes must be in bold to count. If you wish to unvote, simply: Unvote; Vote: ATPG. You don't need to do a semicolon, I just think it looks nice.
•If you are replaced or WOG killed, please do not post in the thread anymore unless it is an apology. If you are replaced by choice, please don't comment in the game.
•If you think you won't be around during the night phase to give your night action, you can always PM me your night actions in advance.
•Votes that end in a tie, will result in a duel.
•No lynch and Abstain are not allowed.
•Do not edit your posts. If you want to fix a grammar mistake or fix tags, that's fine, but don't alter your content. If you have another thought, just double post.
•Other stuff may happen. Don't be scared.
•Also, there is to be no lurking. If you miss three day phases in a row or 4 in total with any reasonable excuse or informing me why you will be WoG'ed. No exceptions.
•Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it. Nor if you feel you won't be able to participate.
•Roles will not be revealed on death.

Looking for seventeen players. Reserves are welcome.

Players: 17/17
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
3. Riedquat
4. Arjos
5. Monty
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
10. Tuuvi
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
13. White_Eyes:D
14. Splitpersonality
15. Lewwyn
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Reserves: 2/2
1. Chaotix
2. Ishamel

----------------------------------------------------------

Alive 15/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
3. Riedquat
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
10. Tuuvi
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
14. Splitpersonality
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 2/17:
5. Monty: Lynched Day 1
15. Lewwyn: Killed Night 1

Introduction (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140540-A-History-of-Violence-In-Play&p=2053431554&viewfull=1#post2053431554)
Day 1 Writeup (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140540-A-History-of-Violence-In-Play&p=2053432047&viewfull=1#post2053432047)
Night 1 Writeup
(https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140540-A-History-of-Violence-In-Play&p=2053432149&viewfull=1#post2053432149)

SalmonSoil
03-09-2012, 11:09
I am in

LazyMcCrow
03-09-2012, 11:20
DuellINg? - I'll bring my banjo!

Riedquat
03-09-2012, 13:45
•Other stuff may happen. Don't be scared.

Weird rule...

Count me in!

Arjos
03-09-2012, 13:52
That's a title I like :P

In and loving this rule:

Also, there is to be no lurking. If you miss three day phases in a row or 4 in total with any reasonable excuse or informing me why you will be WoG'ed. No exceptions.

Montmorency
03-09-2012, 16:07
You punks are in for a full-year course - in pain.

That doesn't really work. I'm playing.

atheotes
03-09-2012, 20:52
Count me in

Nightbringer
03-09-2012, 21:22
If the game starts after the coming Monday, I am IN!
Otherwise, I'll be on reserve.

Its been awhile since I've played, so it should be fun for you guys to watch me fail! :)

Jarema
03-09-2012, 23:20
in in

Chaotix
03-10-2012, 01:04
I'll take a reserve spot, if that's alright.

Visor
03-10-2012, 01:15
Sure. Added.

DaveShack
03-10-2012, 05:56
Innage

Tuuvi
03-10-2012, 08:47
Decided I wanna give mafia games a shot. I'm in.

Visor
03-10-2012, 11:02
Another thing to note, in regards to your character/role. Say Player X was a lurker and didn't post very often and was killed at night or lynched, then the writeup will reflect on Player X. The lurking has been terrible lately.

Understand?

edse
03-10-2012, 11:44
Another thing to note, in regards to your character/role. Say Player X was a lurker and didn't post very often and was killed at night or lynched, then the writeup will reflect on Player X. The lurking has been terrible lately.

Understand?

No. In.

Visor
03-10-2012, 12:16
Basically if you play the game (ie. don't lurk), I will give you a decent death. If you don't I probably won't. I will put more effort into a write up involving someone who posts and votes more so then a lurker.

Kagemusha
03-10-2012, 23:59
Il play.

Askthepizzaguy
03-11-2012, 09:43
Kagemusha. We shall battle.... to the death.

I will prevail of course. Now face your fate with gentle good humor, and don't get blood on my shoes.

IN

Kagemusha
03-11-2012, 10:32
Hmmm... And i was thinking we were both innocent townies trying to defeat what ever menace is threatening this excuse of a town. I sense the dark side is strong with this one.The one they call the evilmonsterousbutsocoolAskthepizzaguy. I have my eye on you.:inquisitive:

Askthepizzaguy
03-11-2012, 13:34
I'm not such a bad fella, once you get to know me.

Then I'm even worse.

White_eyes:D
03-12-2012, 04:31
IN:bow:

Visor
03-12-2012, 09:06
Four more people required.

Splitpersonality
03-12-2012, 09:17
I think perhaps... I shall take one of those spots off of your hands :bow:

Lewwyn
03-12-2012, 10:53
Sure. In.

Visor
03-12-2012, 11:15
Thanks. Two more spots...

Host note: Game will start Wednesday regardless of how many players.

BSmith
03-12-2012, 14:39
I'll play.

Ishmael
03-13-2012, 01:34
Put me down as a reserve. I can't be quite as active as I'd like due to having recently moved, but I should be able to check in once or twice a day if you're short on players.

Seon
03-13-2012, 23:35
Innage.

Visor
03-14-2012, 00:57
And signups are closed. *You're lucky I had a class this morning Seon. :tongue:*

Visor
03-14-2012, 01:55
John sat on his bed, head in his hands. Times were hard, jobs were few and far between, and people would often yell obscenities at him as he walked down the street. His hometown was a stranger to him now. No longer would people stop and talk to him, no longer would they give him the time of day. He was out of money, out of luck and out of friends.

The war in Vietnam was not popular here, or in many other places around the state. He had heard on the news, when the landlord decided that he could have power, that vets around the country were being treated like filth. He had experienced it first hand and it wasn’t pretty. He had no idea what to do, the medication he was taking to combat his depression and PTSD were running out. He barely had enough money to afford another script; no-one would give a job to a Vietnam veteran now.

A surge of rage flew through John; he punched the wooden cabinet near his bed, putting a hole in it. The pain flared, increasing his anger as he started to destroy the cabinet in his mindless fury.

Days passed.

John was lying on his bed. He had run out of tablets. He could feel the flashbacks coming on. He didn’t want to go back there. He knew that if he went to sleep it would all come back, the memories he was trying to repress. The baby in the house next to him screamed. God how he hated that sound, he had heard it enough in Vietnam, he never wanted to hear it again. A car pulled up outside his house, it was probably another group of teenagers that were going to egg his house. He got his rifle and walked to the front of the door, when he heard the car driving away. Curious, he stepped outside.

“Remember me Johnny boy?” a voice asked.

John remembered that voice, his old sarge. The memories surged through him, as he fell to his knees.

“Johnny?”

The baby screamed again. John roared, grabbed his rifle and fired at the house. A scream was heard, and John fell to the ground as he was tackled.

“Goddamnit it John, now they’ll be after you!”. He went to run, when the father of the house walked out with a shotgun.

Seeing the father, John fired again hitting the father in the leg. The shotgun fell from his grasp and clunked on the ground as he screamed in pain.

“:daisy: me. Come on Johnny, he saw us both, we gotta get out of here.”

The next day, the sheriff of the town announced a manhunt of two Vietnam veterans, one John Edwards and another unidentified as of yet, but was wearing a soldiers outfit. From their hiding place, they could see the town brandishing weapons. They had to get out of the town, but first they had to get John some medication. Unfortunately the hospital was heavily guarded. The Sarge sighed, any chance of a normal life for him was gone now, he grabbed ahold of John who had recovered briefly.

“Here, chuck these on, these are civilian clothes. We have to fit in.”
John nodded, and they changed and walked out to where the crowd had gathered, pretending to bay for their own blood.
Begin Day 1.

Day will end at approximately 4pm AEST (GMT +10)

Montmorency
03-14-2012, 02:19
Anybody up for pizza rolls?

Visor
03-14-2012, 06:38
Only mafia get PMs, by the way.

Askthepizzaguy
03-14-2012, 09:12
Anybody up for pizza rolls?

Vote: Montmorency

Pre-emptive strike.

Montmorency
03-14-2012, 09:43
That's awful.

Vote: Nightbringer

I've got some analysis to dump:

1. The Sheriff is leading the lynch effort.

The Sherrif is a Sheriff.

The Sheriff probably served in 'Nam.

'Nam vets stick together.

Ergo, the Sheriff must be a PC who can somehow aid the Mafia.

2. There should be a psychiatrist character who can deliver the meds to John via Night Action. This will cause John to give himself up; however, Sarge will still be keen to avoid conspcharges and will remain on the lam. At this point, the Town will be left to tear itself apart for the amusement of God.

LazyMcCrow
03-14-2012, 10:52
Random Order no. 13! Unlucky for some
vote: White_Eyes:D

Lewwyn
03-14-2012, 11:49
J is for Vote: Jarema

SalmonSoil
03-14-2012, 12:55
Today is the 15th, so Vote: Lewwyn.

Arjos
03-14-2012, 13:25
The horror... the horror!

Vote: Splitpersonality

Because it goes hand in hand with PTSD :P

BSmith
03-14-2012, 14:25
Lucky #2: Vote: LazyMcCrow

Riedquat
03-14-2012, 14:42
Vote: Atheotes just as good as anyone else...

Lewwyn
03-14-2012, 14:46
Today is the 15th, so Vote: Lewwyn.

!

Today is the 14th! Unvote; Vote: SalmonSoil

Splitpersonality
03-14-2012, 17:44
Vote: ATPG

A bit jumpy are we old friend?

Nightbringer
03-14-2012, 21:30
vote:Lazymccrow

because being lazy is bad.

Tuuvi
03-14-2012, 21:52
Vote: Montmorency

I have a bad feeling about him.

Jarema
03-14-2012, 22:19
Vote: Arjos
first thought is always the best

SalmonSoil
03-15-2012, 01:36
!

Today is the 14th! Unvote; Vote: SalmonSoil

GMT +12. Feel the power.

Visor
03-15-2012, 07:47
Day's over, writeup in a few hours. Feel free to send in orders.

Askthepizzaguy
03-15-2012, 08:00
I can't send in orders! I gotta know if I lynched Monty the scumbag first.

Visor
03-15-2012, 08:05
Monty (ATPG, Tuuvi)
ATPG (split)
Nightbringer (Monty)
White Eyes (Lazy)
Lewwyn (Salmonsoil)
Split (Arjos)
Lazy (Bsmith, Nightbringer)
Atheotes (Riedquat)
Salmonsoil (Lewwyn)
Arjos (Jarrema)

Tie between Lazy and Monty. Alright...

Askthepizzaguy
03-15-2012, 08:07
TIE! TIE! TIE!

DUEL! DUEL! DUEL!!!!!

:ninja:

No ninja smiley? WTPG

:7ninja:

It has a seven.

LazyMcCrow
03-15-2012, 10:25
vote:Lazymccrow

because being lazy is bad.

*Eyes the man with the fake beard and hooded bathrobe with a dollop of suspicion, and no small measure of distaste.*

Montmorency
03-15-2012, 10:42
Looks like I should have gone for the chainsaw.

Visor
03-15-2012, 10:42
Orders are in. Lynch writeup commencing sometime soon.

Night ends at 4pm AEST tomorrow.

Jarema
03-15-2012, 10:49
Orders are in. Lynch writeup commencing sometime soon.

Night ends at 4pm AEST tomorrow.

Could you post a timer? It is easier to understand when day/night ends

LazyMcCrow
03-15-2012, 10:54
Could you post a timer? It is easier to understand when day/night ends

Ha!

edse
03-15-2012, 14:04
Sorry, I thought it still was sign-ups.

LazyMcCrow
03-15-2012, 14:16
Enough of this waiting...let's fight!

Visor
03-15-2012, 17:50
At the end of the day, the mob had decided that Montmorency and LazyMcCrow were both suspects in the attempted murder case. The mob’s feelings had been riled up by the hate speeches against the vets, and they were baying for blood. As the day drew to a close, they began to force the two suspects into the town square, and formed a circle around them. They looked at each other briefly, unaware of what was to unfold.

The sheriff and his deputies walked in six weapons, three deputies went to Lazy and 3 more recruited form the civilian populace, looking extremely nervous and shaken, walked to Montmorency.

“Choose your weapon. This is a fight to the death. Good luck and may God have mercy on your soul”, the sheriff drawled.

Another quick glance shared between the two victims. The crowd began to chant and scream for blood and violence. Monty closed his eyes and swallowed, he did not want to do this at all and the feeling in his stomach was tearing at him inside. This was wrong, so wrong. But he eventually felt the axe, and hefted it. Lazy was in a similar situation, he had no idea why he was being made to do this; he was too young, only 22. He didn’t want to kill a man, and he didn’t want to be killed. He grabbed the flaming log, simply because it was the first thing that drew his attention.

The two faced each other, weapons in hand. The sheriff smiled, the town was in for a show tonight. Monty made the first move; he approached Lazy with feint and swung a heavy swipe with the axe against the log. Lazy was still in shock from the whole idea of the fight; he just pushed the log in the way as it cracked loudly as the axe struck it. The crowd roared and Monty pulled his axe out and Lazy with it stumbling. He circled again and Lazy turned his log into a hot poker, stabbing it at Monty, forcing him back. Monty grimaced as the flames burned his skin as he was slow to withdraw.

Lazy kept on the attack, forcing Monty back into the crowd as they pushed him back and Lazy scored a heavy blow on his shoulder, causing him to drop his axe. Lazy prepared to shatter Monty with the log but his swing contacted only with air as Monty rolled away from the blow, and rushed up to tackle Lazy to the ground. A fist smashed into his face, knocking a tooth out, and a knee to the gut winded him. He struck him again, but this time Lazy caught the hand and bit one of the fingers. Monty roared in pain as Lazy’s teeth broke open the flesh. Lazy felt sick but he kept on biting. Monty launched a knee to the groin, but it missed and Lazy let go of his finger, the momentum throwing Monty to the ground. Staring at his finger, he didn’t see the log connect with his face.

Monty went down, Lazy stood there shaking, the log falling to the ground. He turned around and looked at the crowd, who were cheering. Lazy threw up on the ground and started shaking, he couldn’t believe what had just happened. But it wasn’t over yet. Monty began to crawl to his feet, completely out of his senses. Lazy turned around and saw him, screaming like a frightened child he picked the log and hit him in the arm. Monty kept coming, slowly as another blow smashed into his left leg. Tears began to flow down Lazy’s eyes as he swung again and again at Monty’s body until he stopped crawling and blood started to fly over Lazy.

The Sheriff stepped in. “Show’s over folks, we’ll clean this up.” He said with a small grin on his face. One of the deputies grabbed Lazy and dragged him into police car to take him to the hospital.

“Enjoy that boys? Well, you’ll see plenty of it. Don’t be scared now.” The Sheriff laughed and dismissed the civilian deputies to get rid of the crowd.---------------------------------------------

Monty has been lynched.

Begin Night one. It ends in 13 hours and 10 minutes from now.

Alive: 16/17
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
3. Riedquat
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
10. Tuuvi
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
14. Splitpersonality
15. Lewwyn
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead: 1
5. Monty, lynched day one.

Nightbringer
03-16-2012, 07:44
Oh. My. God.

Lazy is a killer, he killed Monty!

quick, lynch him!

Visor
03-16-2012, 08:31
Night 1

Lewwyn made his way back from the duel, quite heavily intoxicated; free beer is something you don’t get every day. He stumbled to his house unaware of his surroundings or his imminent demise. He started singing to himself loudly, in his mind it was beautiful, in reality a garbled mess. Fumbling around his pocket he found his key, but before he could open the door his world collapsed as he felt a sharp pain crash into the back of his head.

Lewwyn woke amid waves of pain and nausea, he realised he couldn’t see and his hands went to remove the blindfold but they were tied down. Lewwyn started to feel very scared and began to thrash about but it was no use, he couldn’t move an inch. He began to whimper quietly as he heard a chair creak.

“Think it’d be fun to kill us off did you? Think its fun watching two men fight each other for no reason? Is it funny to you, Lewwyn? Because it isn’t to us. None of the vets find it funny. You know what it’s like to lose a friend? To see his chest explode before you? To see his legs blown up with mines and to see the life trickle out of their eyes? That’s not funny. It hurts. And so will this, it’s time you learnt a lesson.”

The terror of the situation had turned Lewwyn stone cold sober. A rustling was heard, one that was familiar to Lewwyn, it was the unwrapping of paper boxes. His was confused, what was he going to do with that? The answer came quickly when he felt a sharp pain on his big toe on his right foot. He gasped as laughter began to erupt around the room.

“This is the second time I’ve had to do this. You learn what works after the first time.”

HE continued once on each of his toes, Lewwyn grimacing against each one. Finally a break… until he did it again very fast, Lewwyn screaming in pain. He crept toe to toe, delivering paper cuts to his toes, which were already cut open, digging into the flesh, pulsating blood out. Lewwyn screamed extremely loudly, which was useless, as the room was soundproofed. Another break, and then he heard the sound of a drill powering up. Lewwyn, to his credit had held this far, but he began to blubber and weep uncontrollably by this point. The drill entered slowly into his big toe, Lewwyn fainting in pain.

The work continued as Lewwyn began to dream. He remembered his girlfriend at the other side of town, remembered the scent she used, he imagined it around her like a coat, which turned into blood and exploded as he woke with a shock at the smelling salts in front of him, or at least he assumed they were. He could no longer feel his feet. He didn’t want to think whether that was because they were numb or whether they were even there. He just wanted this over with.

The man started again, with paper, this time on his fingertips, the familiar routine followed but this time Lewwyn just started to laugh. And why not? It was closer to being over, his hell would end soon. The laughter turned to screams as the paper cut into the flesh, deeper this time, ever deeper until Lewwyn’s voice broke. Then he finally brought it up to his neck and sawed away at it, leaving a small cut that leaked blood. Using his finer he widened it and placed a small piece of metal in there to keep it open and bleeding. Suddenly the blindfold was lifted, and Lewwyn saw hell, and saw the carnage created.

He heard a door slam shut, its finality resonated with Lewwyn. It was a long time before he finally died.

Lewwyn
03-16-2012, 10:10
lul

Alas, poor me, I knew me well.

Askthepizzaguy
03-16-2012, 10:14
Vote: Kagemusha

For being sexier than usual

LazyMcCrow
03-16-2012, 10:54
Vote: Seon

...and Nightbringer: If we have to duel, you'll probably beat me... but I'll make you eat that fake beard first.

Visor
03-16-2012, 12:39
Writeup is now up.

Splitpersonality
03-16-2012, 12:51
Whoa, there're timers now?

Pretty sweet org... pretty sweet.

Vote: SalmonSoil

I don't believe we've met, hello!

(Also changed my name, leet speak needed to go...)

Kagemusha
03-16-2012, 14:09
Vote: Splitpersonality Askthepizzaguy. How can i be more sexy then i am already? It´s just impossible.:beatnik:

Riedquat
03-16-2012, 14:12
8l45ph3MY! L0N9 L1v3 t0 L33T 5p34ch!

Perhaps to much for this hour of the morning but great writeup! :yes:

Vote: jarrrema Who are you really?

Askthepizzaguy
03-16-2012, 14:26
woah... paper cuts. That just gives me the heebie-jeebies. That makes my skin crawl worse than styrofoam noise.

Not cool, man. Not cool.

Askthepizzaguy
03-16-2012, 14:26
How can i be more sexy then i am already?

With your clothes off. :wink:

Arjos
03-16-2012, 14:43
Vote: Atheotes

Not trying to lurk are you? :P

Nightbringer
03-16-2012, 15:02

...and Nightbringer: If we have to duel, you'll probably beat me... but I'll make you eat that fake beard first.

Whatever you may say about my beard, I can say double about that fake chin you've got plastered on top of your own. Just look at how it protrudes!

vote:riedquat

for using some funny looking weird speech. I don't like things that are different!

Riedquat
03-16-2012, 15:15
Different to what? And how is possible you don't like something you consider funny? JOO R susp1c1ou2 :laugh4:

BSmith
03-16-2012, 15:23
vote: Nightbringer

Splitpersonality
03-16-2012, 16:13
woah... paper cuts. That just gives me the heebie-jeebies. That makes my skin crawl worse than styrofoam noise.

Not cool, man. Not cool.

But it sounds like something that you would do.

Trying to cover your tracks by distancing yourself from it eh?

Chaotix
03-16-2012, 17:46
But it sounds like something that you would do.

Trying to cover your tracks by distancing yourself from it eh?

Why aren't you all voting for this guy here?

I'm not even in the game yet and I can tell he's guilty...

Kagemusha
03-16-2012, 18:56
With your clothes off. :wink:

So you are suggesting i am more naked then usually?:grin: As i have already found one mafia.I suggest for you to vote that guy so you can see how awesome we can save the town in a blink!

Tuuvi
03-16-2012, 21:15
hmmmm...

Vote: Askthepizzaguy

Splitpersonality
03-16-2012, 21:43
Why aren't you all voting for this guy here?

I'm not even in the game yet and I can tell he's guilty...

But I'm always guilty, even when I'm town. So they should exhaust all other avenues first.

EDIT:

That made a lot more sense as a joke in my mind... I think... I think I should get some sleep...

Jarema
03-16-2012, 21:53
Splitpersonality.
Throwing almost random comments and not going after own thoughts

SalmonSoil
03-17-2012, 06:10
Vote: Daveshack

atheotes
03-17-2012, 06:57

Not really. tbh i dint even realize the game had started.

Vote: Nightbringer - Imagine something witty or some good reasoning :beam:

DaveShack
03-17-2012, 07:18
Hmm, 2nd day and it's still basically chaos. I'll fall back on the classic Vote: Salmonsoil

Nightbringer
03-17-2012, 07:24
Well, the only logical way I can modify my vote is unvote; vote:splitpersonality

split is as likely as ried to me, and I am currently tied for the lead with him, so I have to protect my only known innocent.

Visor
03-17-2012, 10:07
Tally:
Kage (ATPG)
Seon x 2 (Lazy, edse)
Salmon x 2 (Daveshack, Split)
Split x 3 (Kagemusha, Nightbringer, Jarema)
Jarrema (Riedquat)
Atheotes (Arjos)
Nightbringer x 2 (BSmith, Atheotes)
ATPG (Tuuvi)
Daveshack (Salmon)

edse
03-17-2012, 10:24
vote:seon totally random cause i dont have time

Visor
03-17-2012, 12:00
Another day dawned, and the town had one less of their number. Lewwyn was gone and nowhere to be seen. In truth, he was still bleeding out in the basement of his house that was locked from the inside, but no-one knew, and he would die a horrible death, without any knowledge why. The sheriff walked up to the podium and announced to the crowd, “Well, looks like we got a game on our hands here folks!” with a laugh, “Go, deliberate, investigate, find out who did this, you have until the end of the day.”

The town did just that, and at the end of the day, the sheriff announced that Splitpersonality was the chosen lynch target, “Well, would you look at that, the psychiatrist is a murderer then. Alright then, get him.” Split, named so for his ability to get into the mind of any person in the town, was quickly grabbed and dragged onto the podium. Scrambling he tried to break free, but the deputy had him in his grip.

“Now Split, do you admit to the charges laid against you by the honest members of our good town?”

“No! I didn’t do it you bastard, let me go!”

“Fine, have it your way.” The sheriff smiled and nodded to the deputy, who dragged Split over to a vertical rack. “Now Split, I know that’s not true. And you can’t simply murder the good folks here, isn’t that right? Crime doesn’t pay. Boys, attach him to the rack and prepare the tools.”

“What are you doing to me? HELP ME!” Split screamed as the clamps closed around his legs and arms. A roar was heard as a chainsaw started up. The deputy brought the chainsaw over to the sheriff, who grabbed it with glee. “Since you like splitting people open so much, maybe its time you had a taste of your own medicine!”

Split screamed as the chainsaw ripped through the toes on his left foot. Blood gushed out of the stumps and Split turned white. The sheriff turned to the crowd, who had turned quiet. “It’s for the greater good folks. Sometimes you need rough justice.” He repeated the amputation on the other foot, causing Split to faint from pain. “Bring him back boys, he ain’t going nowhere.”

Smelling salts woke him up as the sheriff moved to amputate both his feet. Split continued screaming and looked close to fainting. “Inject him boys, he is going to feel every little bit!” One of the deputies injected Split with a substance that would soon stop him from fainting and keep him conscious. The amputation continued next was fingers, then hands. Split looked close to death. The sheriff was disappointed, he was having fun. “I guess times up folks. Ain’t that a damn shame.” He dug the chainsaw into his chest cavity ripping flesh and bone to shreds and the loudest scream yet was heard. A few deputies turned away and sounds of vomiting was heard all across the crowd. The blood-soaked sheriff roared, “AND THAT’S ALL FOLKS, SEE YOU TOMORROW, BRIGHT AND EARLY!” he laughed maniacally and issued the deputies to clean up the mess as he left the podium.

--------------------------------------------------------

Orders please.

Alive 14/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
3. Riedquat
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
10. Tuuvi
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 3/17:
14. Splitpersonality: Lynched Day 2

Note: Seon and White_Eyes:D are on the warning list. They miss the next day phase and they will be replaced.

03-17-2012, 14:25
Vote:Jarrema 3rd on the bandwagon...yeah, that's all I have.:shrug:

Arjos
03-17-2012, 15:53
WE is scum and quite scared of WoG :P

Kagemusha
03-17-2012, 17:50

He is next to be lynched.

Jarema
03-17-2012, 19:39
Vote:Jarrema 3rd on the bandwagon...yeah, that's all I have.:shrug:

I was second voting for him...
do not know why host put my name last in the description, I believe Nightbringer was last there

Splitpersonality
03-18-2012, 02:01
Well this was fun. Glad I came back for a game.

Nightbringer seems too desperate to save himself, but I don't know if that's damning enough evidence...

03-18-2012, 03:13
He is next to be lynched.

And I totally deserve it too.:laugh4:

Visor
03-18-2012, 12:51
Tuuvi was sitting on the docks watching the stars. He didn’t fear much in life, he had survived bankruptcy, robberies, domestic disputes and almost anything you could think of that could be a cause of trouble. He was one of the older members of the town, and for all his age, he had brains. He knew that the murderers were not likely to look here for anyone, and that he would probably be safe. Probably was not safe enough however and certainly wasn’t safe enough when the sledgehammer smashed into his right arm, breaking it and the jagged edges of the broken bones pierced his skin.

Tuuvi crumpled onto his side and began to scream in agony. Minutes passed with no follow up hit. Tuuvi finally got control of himself. He knew he had to get back to the town and to the hospital to have any chance of surviving. He attempted to get to his feet, but slipped on the wet wood and fell on his broken arm, letting loose another loud scream as he passed out for a few seconds. More minutes passed and he tried once again to get to his feet, this time succeeding. All he could see was the faint glow of lights in the background, and he tried to make his way towards them.

He stumbled a few steps forward, until the sledgehammer came down on his right leg shattering it and bending it out, Tuuvi collapsed in a heap on his broken side and fell unconscious. He awoke hours later, it was still night, but it was close to dawn. He groaned in pain and agony as he began to realise his situation. He could still not see anything through the pain except for the lights. He began to crawl towards them, hoping desperately that he would be left alone. He crawled, metre after metre, until he made it halfway up the hill to the end of town. Suddenly, he wasn’t moving any further. He felt the hope that was building up in him dashed and he began to sob quietly as the hammer came down on his chest, causing him to throw up and he slid down the hill, bloody and battered.

He lay on the docks, eyes closed, but still breathing. He knew that he was finished. He felt a force on his good leg dragging him off the edge of the dock. “No, please…” he groaned weakly, but it was to no avail as he fell in the water and the pain hit him like a brick as he fainted once more into unconsciousness. He drowned not soon after.

Later that morning, the sheriff announced that Lewwyn had been found after his neighbour noticed a disgusting stench coming from his house. She went inside and found that the basement was locked. She called the police and they broke it down, to find Lewwyn in the tortured state. He also announced that the since the murders had continued they would once again vote to decide the next lynch victim. The sheriff grinned to himself, it was going to be a fun day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Begin Day 3.

Alive 13/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
3. Riedquat
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 4/17:
10. Tuuvi: Killed Night 2

edse
03-18-2012, 13:32
Well, Vote: White_eyes:D then.

Arjos
03-18-2012, 14:21
Vote: White_eyes:D

For that late, poorly reasoned, "blast I'm getting wogged" vote...

Riedquat
03-18-2012, 15:28

If he is scum he should know better, I think...

Vote: Nightbringer by retarded OMGUS reason and a bit of a gut feeling sharing the point made by the just deceased Splitpersonality "seems too desperate to save himself"

Seon
03-18-2012, 17:11
Facedesk. This is what school crunch time does to yah.

Vote: Riedquat for defending someone who's trying to avoid a WoG and voting someone for voting in an OMGUS fashion, two sure signs of a thinking, plotting mafiosi.

SalmonSoil
03-18-2012, 23:21
I think I agree with Seon here

vote: Riedquat

Riedquat
03-19-2012, 02:17
Facedesk. This is what school crunch time does to yah.

Vote: Riedquat for defending someone who's trying to avoid a WoG and voting someone for voting in an OMGUS fashion, two sure signs of a thinking, plotting mafiosi.

Yeah sure, better we pile 6/7 votes on WE so the scum hid there, no discussion and no nothing. Smart plan! But instead of following it you just vote for me for giving an opinion...? Right? I've missed something?

Jarema
03-19-2012, 07:10
Yeah sure, better we pile 6/7 votes on WE so the scum hid there, no discussion and no nothing. Smart plan! But instead of following it you just vote for me for giving an opinion...? Right? I've missed something?

Yeah!
vote: Riedquat

atheotes
03-19-2012, 08:49
So, you guys voting for Riedquat think he is scum and was trying to protect his partner White_eyes?

03-19-2012, 10:50
You all realize that both me and Seon received a "notification" that this game was on-going? Yet...your going off his reasoning, when he had the WoG warning as well.:no:

I am willing to prove he is not my scumbuddy anyway, still hope it's a duel though. Vote:Riedquat

Nightbringer
03-19-2012, 11:33
I do agree that it would seem awful foolish for whiteeyes to do what he did if he was scum. It would just be drawing attention to himself for no good reason. He could have just waited till the next day to avoid wogging.

[quote=atheotes=
So, you guys voting for Riedquat think he is scum and was trying to protect his partner White_eyes?

[/quote]

This feels off to me. If whiteeyes + riedquat are scum its fine, but if not, it just feels like he is typing words and without actually saying anything. (as in, he won't inflame anyone with what he says, but is also giving popular justification for his vote, simply because it is popular) A good way to blend in in my opinion.

So for the time being, vote:atheotes

LazyMcCrow
03-19-2012, 12:22
White_Eyes:D: 4 (edse, Arjos, atheotes, LazyMcCrow)

Riedquat: 4 (Seon, SalmonSoil, Jarema, White_Eyes:D)

Nightbringer: 1 (Riedquat)

atheotes: 1 (Nightbringer)

vote: White_Eyes:D FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Visor
03-19-2012, 13:31
Riedquat, the doctor was chosen as the next lynch victim. He was marched to the podium again and like Split before him, he was attached to the rack. Unlike Split, Riedquat was cold and unflinching, he knew what was coming and he welcomed it as an escape from this life. The townsfolk didn’t know that he was stealing antidepressants from the medical storage in the clinic in town, and they wouldn’t know of his past history either. In the end however, none of that mattered, and Riedquat, who had always been too scared to take his own life, would now lose his, and he was happy with that.

“You’re a doctor right?” The sheriff asked, grinning at him.

“You’re a cold blooded murderer, right?” Riedquat said calmly, “You like to kill people, instead of throwing them in jail? You have problems, and if the town wasn’t so stupid you would be on trial for murder. But they believe every word you say, you slimy bastard. I hope you rot in hell.”

“Well now folks, that was certainly interesting. Seems like our little friend here thinks that we are murderers! Well now, that simply ain’t true. We are paragons of justice, upholding moral values by teaching criminals the wrong of their ways. Our methods may be harsh, but they serve an important lesson, and justice ALWAYS comes first, and isn’t this sweet, sweet justice? I think it is. Boys, get me my knife!”

The sheriff got his knife and walked over to Riedquat. “Dissection time, boy!” he whispered to him. Riedquat’s eyes widened as the knife split his gut open. He screamed as the blade pierced his flesh and felt it saw through his skin. Blood pumped out like from a hose. The sheriff laughed and grabbed the intestines from Riedquat’s gut. Riedquat screamed again and again, as the sheriff tied them first around the loop at the top of the rack and then around his neck.

“Slowly boys, lower the floor, gently now, we don’t want him to die just yet!”

The floor slowly lowered underneath Riedquat as he began to choke, as his intestines tightened around his neck. He tried to bite through the intestines, trying to escape, regardless of the consequences, but he couldn’t reach. His eyes bulged as his air supply dwindled until finally he died. The sheriff walked over to him and pushed Riedquat, his body swaying in the air. “Anyone want a swing?” the sheriff asked, laughing at his joke. “Clean up boys, I’ve got a town to run.” Riedquat was cut down and dragged away as the sheriff wiped the blood off his shirt and walked away.

---------------------------------------------

Lazy, your vote was late.

Begin Night Three.

Alive 12/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 5/17:
3. Riedquat: Lynched Day 3

Riedquat
03-19-2012, 14:05
Bah! At least I saved my scumbudy... the one voting for me! yay! No! :stare:

Oh well! Good luck town! :bow:

03-20-2012, 01:20
Bah! At least I saved my scumbudy... the one voting for me! yay! No! :stare:
But,,,I wanted a duel and Lazy was late with his vote.~:mecry:

Visor
03-20-2012, 12:05
White Eyes, as he was affectionately called due to his eye condition was sleeping badly in his bed. He had nightmares of the deaths of his friends, and believed that something was wrong with the sheriff. He woke up in a sweat as his dreams turned to violent recreations of the day’s events. Shuddering, he went to go for a walk to clear his head. He grabbed his coat and hat, patted his sleeping dog on the head, not knowing it was for the last time. The dog’s tongue licked his fingers absent-mindedly. He smiled and walked outside.

Humming a small tune to himself, he did his walk around the town, not expecting to see anyone this late at night. And indeed, he didn’t. He made it back to his home and walked inside, only to be clobbered over the head with a frying pan. Slumping to the ground, he tried to see what was happening when he was hit again, knocking him out. He came to, tied to his bed by ropes with a blindfold over his eyes. He struggled briefly, but he couldn’t move. “When you remove one sense, it makes the other senses sharper, so with eyesight out of the way, this is going to feel a lot better,” a raspy voice said.

He felt a small prick against his skin, then a massive jagged bolt of pain as something dug into his left leg. “Your dog is dead by the way.” White Eyes screamed at this news, he loved his dog. “He died humanely, don’t worry, he felt no pain. You on the other hand, will. These are his teeth, and guess where they are going to go?” he said, in the same raspy voice, emotionless. “Let’s go!”

The man continued to hammer the teeth into White Eyes, he started first with the legs, and then the arms, crucifying him to the bed. Finally, he had two more teeth left. White Eyes felt sharp prick digging around his left eye. He began to scream and thrash wildly but it was to no avail. The hammer came crashing down and blood exploded out underneath the blindfold running into his mouth where he began to choke and scream at the same time, creating a guttural sound that was not natural.

The man placed the other tooth on the other eye, oblivious to White Eyes’s explosion of gore and screams of pain. He hammered the other tooth in as he heard the door break down. His screams must’ve alerted the police. However, by the time they got up the stairs to his bedroom, only White Eyes corpse and the dead dog remained in the room. The deputy shook his head. He did not want to see another murder tomorrow, but he guessed he had no choice.

----------------------------------------------------------

Begin Day 4.

Alive 11/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
11. Kagemusha
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 5/17:
13. White_Eyes:D: Killed Night 3

LazyMcCrow
03-20-2012, 12:46
Phew - Glad the scum are dead!

BSmith
03-20-2012, 14:50
Let's see how we react to a little pressure. vote: Nightbringer

Riedquat
03-20-2012, 18:10
Phew - Glad the scum are dead!

:inquisitive: When I tried that got lynched by you people... I'm confused... and dead... and confused...

Arjos
03-20-2012, 19:17

Seemed weird for him to agree about WE and then not voting at all, next day WE dies...
ATPG is off character too, maybe their exchange at the beginning was a subtle way to distance themselves from eachother...

Riedquat
03-20-2012, 19:41

Seemed weird for him to agree about WE and then not voting at all, next day WE dies...
ATPG is off character too, maybe their exchange at the beginning was a subtle way to distance themselves from eachother...

It is called weekend, it started at some point at friday evening and some of us are still trying to understand how we reached the office, of course you probably believe I'm defending my scumbudy, again... feel free to lynch me again.

And about ATPG/Kagemusha dynamics/flirting, while possible to be a tactic it is very improbable as I've seen it happen in uncountable times in other games, they just need a room in the same continent ;)

Seon
03-20-2012, 20:21
Oh, Kage's acting like that?
Vote: Kagescumusha.

Arjos
03-20-2012, 20:33
some of us are still trying to understand how we reached the office

If he already made up his mind, what are five minutes to log in?
Most of all, what are coke and 5-hours shots for? XD

BSmith
03-20-2012, 21:07
Not saying that Kage had this issue, but I for one have a very difficult time posting at all on the weekends. Sometimes I can manage some time to post, but mostly I am not able to be on a computer at all on Saturdays or Sundays.

03-21-2012, 02:26
So, you guys voting for Riedquat think he is scum and was trying to protect his partner White_eyes? atheotes(Defending scumbuddy scum) or Seon(WoG-bait scum) are scum....though ATPG and Kage are pretty quiet.:inquisitive:

Askthepizzaguy
03-21-2012, 06:49
I have been super busy.

As proof, I refer you to the game I am hosting on Giraffe, where I haven't done a writeup in a week. The game on IdleMafia, where I'm being lynched because I've not been posting enough. The game on Straight Dope I'm supposed to host but can't get off the ground because I'm too busy. The fact that I'm supposed to be hosting a game here at the org this month that I'm postponing. This has been going on since before this game started.

Finally, in the 150 games I've played, I have never lurked as mafia, and I won't begin to now. You can bet my Capo crown on that :daisy:, Pizza don't play that. Never have, never fricking will.

Askthepizzaguy
03-21-2012, 06:50
I don't even lurk as townie. And I've tried a couple times. It's far too lame, I can't sustain it.

Askthepizzaguy
03-21-2012, 06:52
And about ATPG/Kagemusha dynamics/flirting, while possible to be a tactic it is very improbable as I've seen it happen in uncountable times in other games, they just need a room in the same continent ;)

Ever since I nailed his butt to the wall in the Assassin's creed game, by posting about how sexy he was, and no one listened until I died, I have been talking up how sexy he is. It will be my forever reminder that I've always found him scummy as scum. Except that one game where he didn't post at all and he got away with it.

atheotes
03-21-2012, 08:56
Stop metagaming pizza :laugh4:

Dont have anything to go by other than that he is not his usual self.

Askthepizzaguy
03-21-2012, 09:03
Yeah, stop metagaming pizza. I hate it when they do that. :clown:

Visor
03-21-2012, 12:00
Round over, you know the drill.

Visor
03-21-2012, 12:35
The sheriff begun the lynch process once again after Deputy Kagemusha reported the murder to him in the morning. However, the town decided that the find was just too perfect, and that Kagemusha must have been a killer. Kagemusha remained silent during the ordeal, instead working hard to set up a plan to catch the killers and end this terror once and for all. Night approached and the sheriff came in to the station, wearing the familiar aviator glasses. Kage didn’t think anyone had seen his eyes for years now, and to be honest, Kage didn’t want to see them either.

“Kage, I have something I want to show you, in relation to the case, it’s a new finding and I’ll think you’ll be interested in seeing it.” He said in his drawl. Kage shrugged and followed him out of the station where he was accosted by the civilian deputies. “Take him up boys, the rest of you keep the rest of the officers in here, make sure they don’t get out.” They nodded and began to take up positions against the building. The officers inside soon realised what was going on and began to yell at the men to stand down and surrender their weapons, but to no avail.

Kage was taken to the podium, bewildered at his situation. He had found the next crime scene, yet he was due to be executed? He couldn’t believe that they would think that. He was walked to the rack and strapped to it, like the previous victims. There were still blood stains and it stunk like death. Kage’s eyes watered at the stench. “We know how White Eyes died. That was disgusting. You are a horrible creature Kage, and you will be put down like the animal you are.”

“You idiot, you’ve got it all wrong, I’m not a killer!”

The sheriff simply laughed and readied the portable sander. “I’m afraid this will be a bit painful, but you won’t mind, as you’ve caused plenty of pain before, haven’t you?” He started on Kage’s fingers, sanding the tips down just below the nail, Kage howling and crying in pain. Fortunately enough for Kage, the police don’t let their own down. Kage’s head exploded as a sniper put him out of his misery. The sheriff roared in anger at the ruination of his fun. “KILL ‘EM ALL!” he shouted at the civilian deputies, who began to engage the police officers inside the station. They fought for half an hour, but neither side gained any advantage. In the end, the sheriff just made a motion to lock them up in the building, they would fix the problem later. “You are dismissed, go home! NOW!” the sheriff shrieked, maddened that his day was ruined. The townsfolk went back to the beds, confused at the days events.

-------------------------------------------------------

Begin Night Four.

Alive 10/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
6. Atheotes
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 6/17:
11. Kagemusha: Lynched Day 4

SalmonSoil
03-21-2012, 12:56
The timer on the previous page says we have 8 hours of day left...

Visor
03-21-2012, 13:07
Nope, you guys had 24 hours. Check the timetamps.

Askthepizzaguy
03-21-2012, 13:15
Gettin' a little antsy regarding the timer, SalmonSoil?

It would be a shame if we had to lynch you over that kind of thing. You know, some might call it being flinchy.

Kagemusha
03-21-2012, 14:45
Well that was fun. It just shows, while Pizza is sexy, he is far from being right all the time. I had certain issue of working 12 hours at Saturday and then having one day of weekend. Sorry a miss but better luck next round.

SalmonSoil
03-22-2012, 01:49
Gettin' a little antsy regarding the timer, SalmonSoil?

It would be a shame if we had to lynch you over that kind of thing. You know, some might call it being flinchy.

No, I just have an insatiable blood lust, and seeing as I am not scum I cannot quench my thirst during the night.

Askthepizzaguy
03-22-2012, 07:47
Good answer. I like it.

Montmorency
03-22-2012, 08:44
Going by the only lynch writeup we got, the Sheriff has been killed and replaced by the sergeant.

Which one of you will own to being a sheriff?

Askthepizzaguy
03-22-2012, 09:05
I'm the Sheriff of Shagtown, baby. :cool:

Montmorency
03-22-2012, 09:15
I was wrong. I suck.

You all stink. It's your fault for being so wrong about everything?

:bigcry:

Why did you lynch me? You should have lynched Tuuvi for being a LIAR

Montmorency
03-22-2012, 09:15
Tuuvi is the scum. Vote him, I can investigate after death.

Askthepizzaguy
03-22-2012, 09:19
Monty's taking his Monty drugs again.

LazyMcCrow
03-22-2012, 10:42

What? The Tuuvi who is already dead? You're not helping. {IGNORE}

Visor
03-22-2012, 12:25
That night, the town people had decided to host a party in the local pub so people could forget the events of the last couple of days. The barkeeper was running back and forth all night long to get the drinks ready for each customer, everyone had a reason to drink. Atheotes meanwhile was playing the piano as he was the local entertainment for that night. As the night drew on however, more and more people started drifting home. The barkeep went over to Atheotes and gave him the key, asking him to lockup after the piano was cleaned, and he could grab a beer or too if he liked, on the house. Atheotes thanked him and after the pub closed, he sat there quietly.

He thought about all the mistakes he had made during his life, and remembered things he would rather forget, sighing he went over to the tap and poured himself a drink. He sat in the silence, sipping every so often at the beer. He remembered his wife and children, and how they were killed by drunk drivers. He would never forget that night, and the pain would not fade with time. Head in hands, Atheotes did not notice the piano wire slipping around his neck, but he did when it pulled back and began to strangle him. He struggled but his would-be killer was immensely strong. “Drink…” he managed to choke out. Suddenly the wire loosened. Atheotes knew it was all over and he knew he was going to see his wife and children again, and that filled him with a certain kind of happiness. He finished the drink, whispered thanks to his killer and closed his eyes waiting for the end. It did not take long. They found him the next morning, a smile on his face. But that was not the only thing the town found. State troopers had entered the town and there was going to be conflict today.

----------------------------------------------------

Begin Day Five.

Alive 9/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith
17. Seon

Dead 7/17:
6. Atheotes: Killed Night 4

atheotes
03-22-2012, 13:03
argh! that was not nice. I am supposed to be the lynch bait!

Seon
03-22-2012, 13:42

BSmith
03-22-2012, 13:46
Let's try this again. vote: Nightbringer

LazyMcCrow
03-22-2012, 13:59
Yep

Riedquat
03-22-2012, 14:21
What? The Tuuvi who is already dead? You're not helping. {IGNORE}

You neither! At least he is giving a reason, wrong and crazy but a reason after all...

What is your reason for going after Nightbringer in two consecutive days? uh?

Askthepizzaguy
03-22-2012, 14:38

LazyMcCrow
03-22-2012, 14:42
You neither! At least he is giving a reason, wrong and crazy but a reason after all...

What is your reason for going after Nightbringer in two consecutive days? uh?

Three reasons:
1) Its personal: Nightbringer forced me into a tie position to fight Monty day 1. You say OMGUS? I say mmmmwhadeva: considering I was one of the subjects of the only, but awesomely disturbing write-up, my vote for NB is a semi-serious kneejerk for the joke he made about me being a murderer after Monty was 'lynched'
2) Despite the attempt yesterday to put pressure on someone who has been 'exciteable' at the start of a game, the attempt was over run by the nonsense wagon on Kagemusha.
3) He has a fake beard.

Arjos
03-22-2012, 14:47

He's hopping wherever he can...

Seon
03-22-2012, 15:02
ATPG knows that whoever votes for ATPG is scummy, so I'll let him be.

Unvote. Vote: Arjos Arjos is a good player. He avoided everyone's attention back in Batman Arkham Asylum. He has to know that voting ATPG is scummy and since ATPG voted for me, he jumped on me instantly. Ergo, he's a mafiosi.

Arjos
03-22-2012, 15:17
I never knew how to handle lurkers...
Kage's version feels ok to me, so I don't have any case on ATPG...

Everyone except you and atheotes said how bogus that was, so it makes me think that either of you was looking for an easy wagon...

Riedquat
03-22-2012, 15:35
Three reasons:
1) Its personal: Nightbringer forced me into a tie position to fight Monty day 1. You say OMGUS? I say mmmmwhadeva: considering I was one of the subjects of the only, but awesomely disturbing write-up, my vote for NB is a semi-serious kneejerk for the joke he made about me being a murderer after Monty was 'lynched'
2) Despite the attempt yesterday to put pressure on someone who has been 'exciteable' at the start of a game, the attempt was over run by the nonsense wagon on Kagemusha.
3) He has a fake beard.

Good reasons.

Now would be nice to know BSmith reasons too... but for the moment I need to say I'm finding Seon's behaviour very very suspicious... :inquisitive:

He was one of the first to point his fingers to WE, then jumped to me when I mentioned WE would know better if he were mafia, didn't WE reminder us he was in the same boat with Seon about being woged? That night WE got killed... Who gets lynched then? Kage, the one saying lets go after WE and... who would follow if WE were dead as it was the case?

Decomposing hand of suspicion: Seon

DaveShack
03-22-2012, 16:20
Vote: Seon this case seems better than the others.

Visor
03-22-2012, 16:23
considering I was one of the subjects of the only, but awesomely disturbing write-up,

There were two writeups. :sad:

But I'm glad you liked them. I should be able to get around to some of the others in a few hours after my work is done, then finally, I can go to sleep before midnight for the first time in a week.

LazyMcCrow
03-22-2012, 17:03
There were two writeups. :sad:

Oh yeah - I'd managed to blank that second more gruesome one.

But I'm glad you liked them. I should be able to get around to some of the others in a few hours after my work is done, then finally, I can go to sleep before midnight for the first time in a week. :2thumbsup:

BSmith
03-22-2012, 17:08
Good reasons.

Now would be nice to know BSmith reasons too...

Along with Lazy’s #2 above, Nightbringer was one of two players that added a second vote on someone on D1. When he made this vote it put Lazy in the lead for the kill he was, in essence, deciding who to kill on D1. Tuuvi was the other player that did this (tied it though), but he is dead now.

His votes have also been pretty light on any kind of real reason, and he goes out of his way to explain his vote on splitpersonality as a purely defensive move. It may well have been, but we get that. There really is no need to explain that you want to save yourself unless you feel you have to justify your voting for a known (to you anyway) innocent.

Tuuvi
03-22-2012, 23:53

I'm a little late but yea I'm already dead. I would say it's suspicious that you're calling for my blood when I'm already dead, but since you've been lynched already, I don't know. :shrug: I'm kinda wondering if you were scum, and ATPG is your partner? But what do I know, this is my first mafia game and I have no clue what's going on :dizzy2:

Montmorency
03-23-2012, 03:00
Pizza's scum, but he's your partner! :stare:

Montmorency
03-23-2012, 03:08
Don't lynch Seon!

Tuuvi
03-23-2012, 03:17
Pizza's scum, but he's your partner! :stare:

Dude I was killed, not lynched. Now quit trying to make a distraction. :laugh4:

03-23-2012, 03:27
I like how the Mafia are killing off everyone I suspected was scum. Next on the list is...Askthepizzaguy.:book:

He needs to be lynched before the end if he is not killed.:evil:

Askthepizzaguy
03-23-2012, 04:45
I like how the Mafia are killing off everyone I suspected was scum. Next on the list is...Askthepizzaguy.:book:

He needs to be lynched before the end if he is not killed.:evil:

O mafia, please kill me so I can prove White_eyes' instincts about me are dead wrong for the 75th time in a row. That's all I ask.

White_eyes, do you know what the definition of insanity is? :smartass:

03-23-2012, 05:47
If your not scum, your trying a little too hard to convince me otherwise.

Pizzaguy, do you know what the definition of paranoia is, because why should my comment matter to a mafia who is going out of his way to kill lynchbait?:bounce:

SalmonSoil
03-23-2012, 06:55

Seon looks pretty guilty, but he's essentially lynched anyway, however this way if we're wrong and he's right I can act like I knew all along.

Visor
03-23-2012, 07:32
Writeups may not be that good, but I'm getting through em.

Split's writeup is now up. You can also access them from the opening post.

Tuuvi's writeup is now done.

Riedquat's is now done as well. I will do the other three later tonight.

LazyMcCrow
03-23-2012, 11:49
The write-ups are horrible.

Visor
03-23-2012, 12:05
Day over. Orders in. The rest of the write ups will be done later tonight. Sleep tight. :evilgrin:

White_Eyes:D death is now up. 3 more to go. And Seon has been lynched.

Tally:
2 Arjos (Seon, Salmonsoil)
3 Seon (ATPG, Arjos, DaveShack
2 Nightbringer (LazyMcCrow, BSmith)

Alive 8/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Dead 8/17:
17. Seon: Lynched Day 5

Montmorency
03-23-2012, 18:13
The town did just that, and at the end of the day, the sheriff announced that Splitpersonality was the chosen lynch target, “Well, would you look at that, the psychiatrist is a murderer then. Alright then, get him.” Split, named so for his ability to get into the mind of any person in the town, was quickly grabbed and dragged onto the podium. Scrambling he tried to break free, but the deputy had him in his grip.

What'd I tell you quackers? There was a psychiatrist, and you killed him.

Not only that, but the Sheriff is clearly scum, a Serial Killer. He would have activated once you took out the scum team, but now he'll just win as shadow scum without killing anyone because there's no way you are getting the next (and last) three lynches all right.

GIVE IT UP, SHEEP. YOU CANT PROTECT YOURSELVES.

YOU ARE WEAK.

:no:

Riedquat
03-23-2012, 18:41
Let me ask you something, who prescribed to you the drugs you are using, the deceased psychiatrist or was me? I don't remember but eh, I don't remember being a doctor while alive either... anyway, if you could share a bit of that...

Askthepizzaguy
03-23-2012, 21:43
Call it morbid curiosity.

Who should we lynch, Monty mah boy?

Jarema
03-23-2012, 22:13
Not only that, but the Sheriff is clearly scum, a Serial Killer. He would have activated once you took out the scum team, but now he'll just win as shadow scum without killing anyone because there's no way you are getting the next (and last) three lynches all right.

Whatt????

Montmorency
03-23-2012, 22:56
Call it morbid curiosity.

Who should we lynch, Monty mah boy?

Don't mock me, Sheriff!

I have a strong feeling that Salmonsoil and BSmith are innocent, while Crow and Pizza are clearly enemies.

:bow:

Askthepizzaguy
03-23-2012, 23:16
And if you should be wrong, would you then be eating Crow?

*big fake laughter*

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 08:12
Sorry for my absence everyone. To make up for it, here is my grand achievement! A compilation of the voting histories for everyone's convenience, color coded to show who is still alive.

On an unrelated note, I find it interesting that ATPG has placed such emphasis on saying he has never lurkde as a mafia, while also emphasizing that he has only lurked because of extenuating circumstances.

I have been super busy.

As proof, I refer you to the game I am hosting on Giraffe, where I haven't done a writeup in a week. The game on IdleMafia, where I'm being lynched because I've not been posting enough. The game on Straight Dope I'm supposed to host but can't get off the ground because I'm too busy. The fact that I'm supposed to be hosting a game here at the org this month that I'm postponing. This has been going on since before this game started.

Finally, in the 150 games I've played, I have never lurked as mafia, and I won't begin to now. You can bet my Capo crown on that :daisy:, Pizza don't play that. Never have, never fricking will.

I'm not claiming it is an act, but could he be using IRL circumstances to strengthen his claim to innocence by doing this?

Day 1:
Monty: 2 (ATPG, Tuuvi)
ATPG: 1 (split)
Nightbringer: 1 (Monty)
White Eyes: 1 (Lazy)
Lewwyn: 1 (Salmonsoil)
Split: 1 (Arjos)
Lazy: 2 (Bsmith, Nightbringer)
Atheotes: 1 (Riedquat)
Salmonsoil: 1 (Lewwyn)
Arjos: 1 (Jarrema)

Day 2:
Tally:
Kage: 1 (ATPG)
Seon: 2 (Lazy, edse)
Salmon: 2 (Daveshack, Split)
Split: 3 (Kagemusha, Jarema, Nightbringer)
Jarrema: 1 (Riedquat)
Atheotes: 1 (Arjos)
Nightbringer: 2 (BSmith, Atheotes)
ATPG: 1 (Tuuvi)
Daveshack: 1 (Salmon)

Day 3:
White_Eyes:D: 4 (edse, Arjos, atheotes, LazyMcCrow)
Riedquat: 4 (Seon, SalmonSoil, Jarema, White_Eyes:D)
Nightbringer: 1 (Riedquat)
atheotes: 1 (Nightbringer)

Day 4:
Nightbringer: 2 (LazyMcCrow, BSmith)
Kagemusha: 3 (Arjos, Seon, atheotos)

Day 5:

Tally:
Arjos: 2 (Seon, Salmonsoil)
Seon: 3 (ATPG, Arjos, DaveShack
Nightbringer: 2 (LazyMcCrow, BSmith)

Currently:
Alive 8/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
7. Nightbringer
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Dead 8/17:

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 08:32
I'm not claiming it is an act, but could he be using IRL circumstances to strengthen his claim to innocence by doing this?

Rhetorical question, or do you have an opinion on it yourself?

I've been posting more as my RL circumstances have made it possible to do so. I'm not sure what relevance it has as to my guilt or innocence. Activity due to RL does not affect what role I was randed, I agree with that much. But why is that your focus?

Am I or am I not guilty? State a position.

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 09:07
Rhetorical question, or do you have an opinion on it yourself?

I've been posting more as my RL circumstances have made it possible to do so. I'm not sure what relevance it has as to my guilt or innocence. Activity due to RL does not affect what role I was randed, I agree with that much. But why is that your focus?

Am I or am I not guilty? State a position.

I don't feel I know how you normally act well enough to judge, it just seems odd (meaning guilty) to me that you are going through so much effort to explain your absence. Following this by stating that you are always active as mafia makes ti seem to me like you might be using your RL absence to alleviate suspicion that you are mafia. Why else go through so much work when there wasn't much pressure on you?

Basically, it feels like an overreaction to small pressure on you.

Montmorency
03-24-2012, 09:09
HE'S THE SHERIFF

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 09:10
HE'S THE SHERIFF

How do we know this?

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 09:13
Along with Lazy’s #2 above, Nightbringer was one of two players that added a second vote on someone on D1. When he made this vote it put Lazy in the lead for the kill he was, in essence, deciding who to kill on D1. Tuuvi was the other player that did this (tied it though), but he is dead now.

His votes have also been pretty light on any kind of real reason, and he goes out of his way to explain his vote on splitpersonality as a purely defensive move. It may well have been, but we get that. There really is no need to explain that you want to save yourself unless you feel you have to justify your voting for a known (to you anyway) innocent.

In response to his, the first point is quite valid, although on day 1 I think it is hard to make anything of votes. As to #2, I always over-explain things and make myself look scummy.

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 09:15
Why else go through so much work when there wasn't much pressure on you?

Reading too much into my behavior. I always respond to direct inquiry or suspicion. I don't duck it and pretend I'm not here. It's also not a lot of work for someone like me. I've written more text than some well-known novels simply hosting games, and my walls-o-text are legendary. I haven't actually lifted more than a finger in this game.

It seems weird to me that you'd describe my behavior in this manner, when it doesn't begin to take into account who I am. A generic case made against someone who is hardly generic strikes me as sloppy.

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 09:17
To turn the line of inquiry around, you dropped off in activity and haven't done much actual scum-hunting, only to return for the middle-endgame with a case that doesn't make sense to me. There's just the slightest, faintest hint of poo in the air.

And what's with this "I find it interesting" stuff?

Good lord, man... townies should never phrase things this way. It gives me the creeps.

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 09:22
Reading too much into my behavior. I always respond to direct inquiry or suspicion. I don't duck it and pretend I'm not here. It's also not a lot of work for someone like me. I've written more text than some well-known novels simply hosting games, and my walls-o-text are legendary. I haven't actually lifted more than a finger in this game.

It seems weird to me that you'd describe my behavior in this manner, when it doesn't begin to take into account who I am. A generic case made against someone who is hardly generic strikes me as sloppy.

Well, I haven't played in quite a while, and never really played much, so I don't really know the intricacies of how you play. All I am doing is trying to point out things I see, and let players who are more competent see if there is anything of worth in it. That is why I phrased it as a question.

As to my drop off in activity, I forgot to come check over here when going on the .org. I got used to pms reminding me of things I forgot in hotseat games so once this game slipped my mind it took me a few days to remember.

Montmorency
03-24-2012, 09:27
Good lord, man... townies should never phrase things this way. It gives me the creeps.

:inquisitive:

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 09:30
Mafia can make all the blunders they like. :wink:

Visor
03-24-2012, 09:44
Kage writeup is now up.
Atheotes writeup is up.

Visor
03-24-2012, 12:01
Okay, I'm only behind on two writeups now. :tongue:

Nightbringer has been killed. Begin Day Six.

Alive 7/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
4. Arjos
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Dead 9/17:
7. Nightbringer: Killed Night 5

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 12:28
We have two shots left, if we didn't hit any of them so far.

5:2 -1 (lynch) = 4:2 -1 (murder) 3:2, (lynch or lose)

9 posts, one vote per round, votes every round. Indicates he's very interested in the game, not so much interested in discussing who needs to die.

Just shows up to kill someone, then leaves. I don't get a whole lot of townie vibe from that. But there's more:

The horror... the horror!

Vote: Splitpersonality

Because it goes hand in hand with PTSD :P

Votes Split due to name, not a real reason, which presents nothing to argue against.

Votes Atheotes for being quiet. Hard to argue with that, but atheotes is always like that.

Easy target.

Easy target. Nothing to argue against here.

Everyone Arjos voted for is dead. Not many comments made against anyone else left alive. Essentially, Arjos has the dreaded Mafia ESP.

Main criticism I have is that everything that Arjos presents as a reason, or non-reason, for his vote are simple statements which refer to facts, but do not argue why someone is scum. It goes right from the fact to the conclusion.

Split's name references mental illness- conclusion, he's scum.
Atheotes is quiet- conclusion, he's scum.
WE avoids WOG- conclusion, he's scum.
Kagemusha agrees about WE voting, WE murdered - conclusion, he's scum.
Seon's vote moved- conclusion, he's scum.

None of these things are arguable points, except the conclusion. Since there was no reasoning presented, there's nothing to debate.

That, plus the fact that Arjos hasn't commented on pretty much anyone besides the folks he's voted for, votes every round but doesn't move his vote and doesn't contribute to the discussion, tells me that Arjos has a motive of killing folks one by one, doesn't want to argue or debate about the voted candidate, doesn't want to leave himself open for criticism due to his own votes, and possibly indicates a nervous/guilty psychological state which spans the entire game.

Arjos is not behaving like everyone else, and it doesn't feel natural to me either. In my opinion, his reasoning and behavior both serve as concrete evidence of a guilty psychology. As such, he must be eliminated before we can continue.

Nightbringer
03-24-2012, 13:48
I would vote for him if I could ATPG.

In any case, I think it unlikely ATPG is scum at this point. Killing me was likely done to try to incriminate him since I was trying to target him. Unless it is a double bluff, but that can just go on forever.

Of course, the scum also dislikes activity, so maybe I was killed off just for starting to speak, whether it was because I had anything good to say, or just because I got other people to react, meaning more activity in general. This would support the scum being apparently inactive people.

Jarema
03-24-2012, 14:08
ok
I do not have enough psychic energy left to think now.
As a placeholder vote, that will stay if I have no better idea, vote: Arjos

Arjos
03-24-2012, 17:06
Split's name references mental illness- conclusion, he's scum.

Who has any case on day one?

Atheotes is quiet- conclusion, he's scum.

As I said, I can't tell what they are up to, just writes vote: x and disappears...

WE avoids WOG- conclusion, he's scum.

Very oversimplified: he voted hours past the end, with the most flimsy reasonining I've ever read...

Kagemusha agrees about WE voting, WE murdered - conclusion, he's scum.

People agreeing on silly stuff, do that for an easy way out: for example Diana agreed about lynching you as host in Darkling...

Seon's vote moved- conclusion, he's scum.

Again, he unvoted many times basically with the only reason: "oh goodie, a wagon!"...

That, plus the fact that Arjos hasn't commented on pretty much anyone besides the folks he's voted for

I commented on your off-character behaviour and since then you've been more active for a start...
But if you want to know more:

- Crow and BSmith are a merry stubborn duo, whole game all they wanted was Nightbringer dead; what that makes them I don't know, usually townies are narrow sighted and adamant...
- Salmon, I've played with him only once, can hardly point out a pattern...
- Jarema and DS are pretty much giving concise reasons about their votes and then split, just like me, what does that makes us? Active players posting their views behind their votes, people open to arguments or mafia? Don't know, that's the game...
- ATPG, wasn't ATPG, now he survived 'til mid-game and wants me dead...

Could really the openly united duo being a mafia duo? Is bloodlust Salmon one of the vets? Are any of those blending in (Arjos, Jarema and DS) mafia? Is ATPG working on the fact that there haven't been many arguments in the game so far, exploiting it for the "last phases somewhat valid" argument to lynch opponents?
Hell I know! Who am I, the source of all knowledge? XD

Arjos is not behaving like everyone else, and it doesn't feel natural to me either.

I take great pleasure from that :)

Arjos
03-24-2012, 17:34
In the end, can't really say whether you lurked or not...
Monty lately has a thing about getting lynched on day 1 as mafia and he wants you dead, but gah...

Vote: DaveShack

Of all people, he voted only twice in intervals to avoid the 3 in a row rule and with the following reasons: there's still chaos and this is better than the other case...
Among all, he's the one striking me as the "nothing here, vote elsewhere"...

Askthepizzaguy
03-24-2012, 23:35
Blatant spam: Hall of fame.... 2011.... be there or be nowhere. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?140573-2011-Hall-of-Fame&p=2053434208&viewfull=1#post2053434208)

Visor, perhaps a round extension would be in order, if we don't get more voters. This is nuts.

SalmonSoil
03-25-2012, 01:50
Daveshack is incredibly quiet, with only 3 posts, one of which is his sign up, however this seems way to dangerous for a scum, and seeing as we really need to lynch scum right now I can't vote for him.

I agree that Arjos seems a bit suspicious, but actually ATPG's argument on this page grabs my attention more. Using Arjos's day one vote, which was nothing out of the ordinary, as part of an effort to incriminate him. Seems like he is trying really hard to make his argument appear stronger just by piling up 'evidence'.

As Nightbringer said, his own death could be intended to either incriminate of prove innocent ATPG.

vote: ATPG

Askthepizzaguy
03-25-2012, 01:57
As Nightbringer said, his own death could be intended to either incriminate of prove innocent ATPG.

FoS: SalmonSoil for using WIFOM as an actual argument for a lynch. :rolleyes:

Montmorency
03-25-2012, 01:59

It's always hilarious when people use this sort of non-reasoning.

A better argument would be, "Pizza is the Sheriff, and th Sheriff is an SK, so I should vote him."

SalmonSoil
03-25-2012, 05:08
It's always hilarious when people use this sort of non-reasoning.

A better argument would be, "Pizza is the Sheriff, and th Sheriff is an SK, so I should vote him."

Wait, non-reasoning, what? I was referring to what Nightbringer said. Nightbringer said he was probably killed to incriminate Pizza, or it could be a bluff to draw attention away from Pizza. That was what I was trying to say, Nightbringers murder is neither conclusive evidence for or against Pizza being scum, and is thus not reason enough to disregard him as a suspect.

Montmorency
03-25-2012, 07:53
In other words, it doesn't mean anything?

SalmonSoil
03-25-2012, 08:47
In other words, it doesn't mean anything?

It's a counter argument in advance, I wanted to explain why I disregarded that event.

Montmorency
03-25-2012, 08:50
The way the post was structured made it seem as if that was the rationale behind the vote.

:bow:

DaveShack
03-25-2012, 08:53

Self-preservation, and the pizza dude's analysis makes sense.

DaveShack
03-25-2012, 08:54
Forgot to bold. Vote: Arjos

Visor
03-25-2012, 11:32
For shame. :shame:

Round extended by 24 hours.

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 10:24
For shame. :shame:

Round extended by 24 hours.

Apologies afk for the entire weekend, many thanks for the extension.

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 10:52
But why is the lynch bait killed every time?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 10:56
But why is the lynch bait killed every time?

Beg your pardon. Can you elaborate on who is or has been lynch bait?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:10
I know you didn't just do a flyby and leave. Finish your thought, if you would please.

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 11:11
Do you know what? I could, but it actually doesn't matter. You are mafia and so is Arjos. He is taking one for the team in order to get you through the final day.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:14
You are mafia and so is Arjos. He is taking one for the team in order to get you through the final day.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Couldn't resist.

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 11:15
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Couldn't resist.

:) Good answer.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:26
Incidentally, I have more of a history of supporting teammates lately. I refer you to Giraffeboards where I, as mafia, argued against the lynch of my entirely deadweight and completely useless *inactive* mafia partner, on a team of four, because I argued, he was most likely going to be an inactive townie. I also didn't bus my two active partners either. I could have gained creds from lynching him and him flipping scum, but I decided having the extra partner to count toward outnumbering the town was more advantageous.

Bussing is a bit predictable, but even worse, it gains me nothing especially in this situation; I would gain no townie cred from lynching Arjos-as-scum, as scum, because it's a no reveal game. I could have chosen not to support it, especially in such a low-voting situation. I could have gone after DaveShack or yourself or whatever.

In theory, if I am mafia, Arjos isn't my partner. Who would be the next person on the list you'd suspect of that?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:28
Also, I see you lurking, Monty. Nothing to add to this discussion, you crazy corpse?

Montmorency
03-26-2012, 11:40
I'm online now, but I almost always leave my PC running.

Just to throw people off?

Anyway, the game is already lost. Pizza, Crow, and Daveshack are the scum.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:42
I'm online now, but I almost always leave my PC running.

Just to throw people off?

Anyway, the game is already lost. Pizza, Crow, and Daveshack are the scum.

WOOOOT!!! I WIN AGAIN, BABY!!!

wait, three?

Montmorency
03-26-2012, 11:43
Sheri-i-i-i-i-i-i-f!

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 11:46
Incidentally, I have more of a history of supporting teammates lately. I refer you to Giraffeboards where I, as mafia, argued against the lynch of my entirely deadweight and completely useless *inactive* mafia partner, on a team of four, because I argued, he was most likely going to be an inactive townie. I also didn't bus my two active partners either. I could have gained creds from lynching him and him flipping scum, but I decided having the extra partner to count toward outnumbering the town was more advantageous.

Bussing is a bit predictable, but even worse, it gains me nothing especially in this situation; I would gain no townie cred from lynching Arjos-as-scum, as scum, because it's a no reveal game. I could have chosen not to support it, especially in such a low-voting situation. I could have gone after DaveShack or yourself or whatever.

In theory, if I am mafia, Arjos isn't my partner. Who would be the next person on the list you'd suspect of that?

Daveshack. So that...makes... him innocent?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 11:54
Daveshack. So that...makes... him innocent?

I'm not sure what that makes him, to be honest.

There's such a lack of discussion on this extra day, that I'm willing to discuss who my pretend mafia partner is and who it most likely would be, out of sheer boredom.

LazyMcCrow
03-26-2012, 11:59
I'm not sure what that makes him, to be honest.

There's such a lack of discussion on this extra day, that I'm willing to discuss who my pretend mafia partner is and who it most likely would be, out of sheer boredom.

Yeah. I think it is you and Daveshack. Be back in an hour or so. I must go play King of Tokyo.

Visor
03-26-2012, 12:00
Day over. Arjos lynched.

Begin Night Six.

Alive 6/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Dead 10/17:
4. Arjos: Lynched Day 6

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:01
Yeah. I think it is you and Daveshack. Be back in an hour or so. I must go play King of Tokyo.

DaveShack, we've been outed, buddy.

I recommend you kill him with the machete tonight, I'll do the honors of playing the bagpipes at his funeral.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:04
Day over. Arjos lynched.

Begin Night Six.

ON SNAP, PIZZA WINS AGAIN!!! WOOOT WOOT WOOOOOT

Play the freaking victoly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7tMzrq43vE) music.

I am an unstoppable mafia GOD!!!!

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:06
5:2 -1 (lynch) = 4:2 -1 (murder) 3:2, (lynch or lose)

Oh noes, foiled by my own maths. Better lynch me. :shame: The shame, the shame.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:08
Now I must do the pouty face.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yWDQjoXYgOo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yWDQjoXYgOo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Nightbringer
03-26-2012, 12:23
We all know your WIFOM is huge pizza, you can stop waving it about now. :)

As to the actual vote, I have no idea, there is so little to go off. Maybe go after lurkers?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:23
Now I see Nightbringer lurking.

NB, what are your thoughts on the remaining alive people?

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:24
Holy Hivemind, Batman.

Nightbringer
03-26-2012, 12:43
I need to get to sleep, i'll share them during the day tomorrow.

Askthepizzaguy
03-26-2012, 12:46
I need to get to sleep, i'll share them during the day tomorrow.

Works for me. I have a feeling I will need someone to talk constructively with, because I sense that tomorrow will be a beat up on pizza fest.

DaveShack
03-26-2012, 20:00
Wait, am I? <checks PMs> Umm, nope. Not saying a lot -- check. Plain vanilla me, as usual. :bow:

DaveShack
03-26-2012, 20:02
Stupid forum won't let you imbed stuff bracketed by
< and
>. It was supposed to include a
<checks PMs>. :wall:

DaveShack
03-26-2012, 20:03
Dammit, that didn't work either. :wall: :wall:

Montmorency
03-26-2012, 20:05
Stupid forum won't let you imbed stuff bracketed by
< and
>. It was supposed to include a
<checks PMs>. :wall:

If the forum won't let you inbreed "stuff" against bars, it's for good reason...

Nightbringer
03-26-2012, 20:32
Alive 6/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Here is my opinion:

Salmon = possible scum, idk really.

Lazy = unlikely scum, he was too stubbornly against me and was verbose about it. He wasn't just using my lynch baityness, he was really going after me, which seems like more of a townie move.

Jarrema = Seems normal enough to me.

Dave = strikes me as just inactive, rather than lurking

ATPG = THE WIFOM! He is being ATPG, which could mean anything, but the level of WIFOM seems like an unnecessary risk for a scumbag, even if they are determined to be active.

BSmith = I think he is a good possibility. He seems to have been lurking to me. He started off quite, just voting without any real additional text. Nice and uncontroversial, especially since I was pretty much lynch bait. And since I died, he has dropped off the map. Does he now lack anyone who is easy to target?

Here is his post history if anyone is interested.

Lucky #2: Vote: LazyMcCrow

Not saying that Kage had this issue, but I for one have a very difficult time posting at all on the weekends. Sometimes I can manage some time to post, but mostly I am not able to be on a computer at all on Saturdays or Sundays.

Let's try this again. vote: Nightbringer

Riedquat
03-26-2012, 20:42
Alive 6/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Here is my analysis

That is your analysis? Are you serious? :stare:

Nightbringer
03-26-2012, 20:59
That is your analysis? Are you serious? :stare:

I accidentally hit post instead of go advanced. :wall:

Riedquat
03-26-2012, 21:15
I accidentally hit post instead of go advanced. :wall:

Sorry then, I was thinking you were stealing my thoughts :clown:

LazyMcCrow
03-27-2012, 09:47
Alive 6/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy
16. BSmith

Here is my opinion:

Salmon = possible scum, idk really.

Lazy = unlikely scum, he was too stubbornly against me and was verbose about it. He wasn't just using my lynch baityness, he was really going after me, which seems like more of a townie move.

Jarrema = Seems normal enough to me.

Dave = strikes me as just inactive, rather than lurking

ATPG = THE WIFOM! He is being ATPG, which could mean anything, but the level of WIFOM seems like an unnecessary risk for a scumbag, even if they are determined to be active.

BSmith = I think he is a good possibility. He seems to have been lurking to me. He started off quite, just voting without any real additional text. Nice and uncontroversial, especially since I was pretty much lynch bait. And since I died, he has dropped off the map. Does he now lack anyone who is easy to target?

I for one appreciate the analysis Nighty and actually agree with it for the most part.

Visor
03-27-2012, 12:20
BSmith has been killed. Begin Day Seven.

Alive 5/17:
1. SalmonSoil
2. LazyMcCrow
8. Jarrema
9. DaveShack
12. Askthepizzaguy

Dead 12/17:
4. Arjos: Lynched Day 6
16. BSmith: Killed Night Six

LazyMcCrow
03-27-2012, 12:30
Time you posted something super-townie, pizza - like the previous days?

LazyMcCrow
03-27-2012, 12:30
vote: SalmonSoil

Lewwyn
03-27-2012, 12:36

Bout friggin time.

BSmith
03-27-2012, 13:49

Here is his post history if anyone is interested.

BSmith has been killed. Begin Day Seven.

Well that pretty much blows your theory out of the water. :yes:

I’m usually pretty quiet in the beginning of games. That coupled with weekends being bad for me and posting means that I missed a couple of Day phases this game, including the last one. Yesterday was Night and I didn’t have much to add to the discussion, so I just didn’t post. I’m not one for spamming up things.

SalmonSoil
03-27-2012, 14:14

Do you mind my asking why?

Montmorency
03-27-2012, 14:15
I'm tellin ya', you've lost the game: too much scum to go around.

LazyMcCrow
03-27-2012, 14:27

Don't mind at all. My vote on you is because I'm fairly sure that 'lurky' Daveshack is as innocent as I am, which leaves two out of the remaining three of you need lynching asap. Moreover - Your polite enquiry does nothing at all in my mind to exhonorate you - merely adds more kindling to the fire. Who do YOU think is scum?

Lewwyn
03-27-2012, 14:43

Oh man, you and jarema, doing good guys.

Jarema
03-27-2012, 18:46
Oh man, you and jarema, doing good guys.

???

ANyway, I am vote: ATPG

Askthepizzaguy
03-27-2012, 21:23
Time you posted something super-townie, pizza - like the previous days?

Unfortunately, I have to be at work in 15 minutes; the day starts right when I go to sleep, and then I work an 8-10 hour shift. Any serious analysis would have to wait until I get home, which is going to be too late for most folks to even be able to read it and respond to it.

Given that SalmonSoil hasn't voted and has had the opportunity to do so, that makes me believe that Salmon is simply waiting to see which is the best wagon to leap onto to spare himself. That is going to be me, given Jarrema's no-reason vote.

I would like to vote for Jarrema because of his creeping through the game. last round, he simply hopped on the wagon with little further comment.

That said, the vote situation is 3 folks left not voting, two of them are being voted. If I vote for Jarrema, that means I have to hope that DaveShack and SalmonSoil are both townies and will not misvote. If even one of them is mafia, that's pretty much a guaranteed loss for us.

If Jarrema is mafia, I have to hope Salmon is his partner. If he's not mafia then I shouldn't vote him to begin with. The odds force my hand, and SalmonSoil waiting to vote, instead of declaring his suspects, coupled with his earlier vote for me on previous rounds, makes this real simple.

Vote: SalmonSoil

If you or jarrema are townies, we're losing this game. You have to convince me what is wrong with Lazy or DaveShack's play. I may switch my vote, but I won't be here to argue it out. You have to guess correctly AND convince me. Good luck.

Askthepizzaguy
03-27-2012, 21:23
Make that seven minutes, :daisy:

SalmonSoil
03-28-2012, 00:53
Don't mind at all. My vote on you is because I'm fairly sure that 'lurky' Daveshack is as innocent as I am, which leaves two out of the remaining three of you need lynching asap. Moreover - Your polite enquiry does nothing at all in my mind to exhonorate you - merely adds more kindling to the fire. Who do YOU think is scum?

I agree that Daveshack is probably innocent. My inquiry wasn't to remove suspicion, at this point in the game, where lynching mafia is crucial, shouldn't we want to know everyone's reasons for voting? Which reminds me, Jarema it would be nice to know why you think Pizza is guilty.

I agree with Pizza on this, Jarema has only once actually given a reason for lynching someone. Lazy McCrow is also vague with his voting, although when asked he usually gives some reasons pretty quickly (10 minutes when I asked, 20 minutes one time earlier). This actually makes him more suspicious, as it seems he is closely watching this thread, always alert and ready to defend himself. It is possible though, that those are just the times he happens to be online. Also when he voted for Pizza and was asked to defend his vote he declined to give reasons.

So at the moment looks like I'm going to have to vote: Lazy McCrow

But if it looks like I'm going to be lynched by the end of the day I'm going to have to shift my vote to you, Pizza, simply because I am innocent and it is therefore better for me to see someone lynched who might possibly be guilty. Also I'm interested in Jarema's reasons for voting Pizza.

In defense of myself, the reason I only asked Lazy McCrow to give reasons for voting for me and didn't give my own suspicions at the time was that I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep. I thought that it would be best to give myself some more material to analyse when I woke up, and possibly also remove some suspicion from me.

DaveShack
03-28-2012, 01:42
That's a very interesting choice, and it makes my choice harder. Reading the thread sequentially I was ready to vote Jarema based on ATPG's observation about creeping. It's pretty late to be voting with no commentary. However, Lazy's previous answer could be interpreted as a mafia attempt to tag one innocent while appealing to the others' sentiments. After just inviting comments from the assumed super-townie who just happened to pick the same target.

What if our mafia pair is Lazy + Pizza? They're both active, not the stereotype of mafia, unless it's a super-townie gambit. In that case, today's posts make perfect sense. Or it could be Lazy + Jarema, with Lazy manipulating an innocent Pizza into voting SalmonSoil because the votes aren't there to aim for Jarema. Obviously Lazy + SalmonSoil doesn't make any sense, why bus your partner with the first vote. Likewise Pizza+Jarema and Pizza+Salmon don't make sense.

All that taken into account, all the most likely combinations come up with one partner in common. Vote: LazyMcCrow Let's just hope that everyone has behaved "normally" as appropriate for their role.

Jarema
03-28-2012, 06:07
I like your analysis, ATPG.
TBH, I did not have any real reason for voting for you. It was just a feeling that something is wrong with your gameplay.
Anyway, now I am torn between voting for Salmon and voting for Lazy.
Vote: LazyMcCrow, as this wagon has a chance of standing and hitting scum

Nightbringer
03-28-2012, 07:20
I would advocate voting salmon over lazy, but I am no expert. I feel that lazy has simply put himself on the line too much to be mafia. Maybe not, but it jsut seems too risky to me. Salmon on the other hand has played quite safe. + what ATPG stated.

I would tag Jarema as the possible second. He is doing a lot of agreeing then turning around and voting elsewhere.

LazyMcCrow
03-28-2012, 08:37
SalmonSoil and Jarema are the scum. The only other option is Daveshack & Pizza and I just don't buy that. SalmonSoil was practically holding Jarema's hand in that last post when he pulled his vote from ATPG to me. not to mention the (emboldened) clangers below:

I agree that Daveshack is probably innocent. My inquiry wasn't to remove suspicion, at this point in the game, where lynching mafia is crucial, shouldn't we want to know everyone's reasons for voting? Which reminds me, Jarema it would be nice to know why you think Pizza is guilty.

I agree with Pizza on this, Jarema has only once actually given a reason for lynching someone. Lazy McCrow is also vague with his voting, although when asked he usually gives some reasons pretty quickly (10 minutes when I asked, 20 minutes one time earlier). This actually makes him more suspicious, as it seems he is closely watching this thread, always alert and ready to defend himself. It is possible though, that those are just the times he happens to be online. Also when he voted for Pizza and was asked to defend his vote he declined to give reasons.

So at the moment looks like I'm going to have to vote: Lazy McCrow

But if it looks like I'm going to be lynched by the end of the day I'm going to have to shift my vote to you, Pizza, simply because I am innocent and it is therefore better for me to see someone lynched who might possibly be guilty. Also I'm interested in Jarema's reasons for voting Pizza.

In defense of myself, the reason I only asked Lazy McCrow to give reasons for voting for me and didn't give my own suspicions at the time was that I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep. I thought that it would be best to give myself some more material to analyse when I woke up, and possibly also remove some suspicion from me.

LazyMcCrow
03-28-2012, 08:39
Oh and Jarema? - There's something fairly fundamental you need to do in order to make your vote against me count - although with Daveshack buying into your garbage it makes little difference to the outcome now.