PDA

View Full Version : Military administration?

Trithemius
04-08-2012, 04:28
Hi everyone!

I've noticed that one of my Foreign Advisors has a particularly high "military administration" score and I've been trying to work out exactly what this means.

"Supervising recruitment" appears to (significantly! e.g. Imperial Guard Infantry are now 260 to raise!) reduce my recruitment costs; "training troops" appears to steadily increase XP of units stacked with the Foreign Advisor; I can't determine what "military administration" does though.

Anyone got any intel?

Lemur
04-08-2012, 23:40
I believe "military administration" reduces the upkeep of troops in which the advisor is embedded. But I could be wrong.

Trithemius
04-09-2012, 02:13
Sounds plausible Lemur!

*dashes off to check a save game*
Hmm, I moved an advisor I had stacked with a garrison out of the settlement and then ended turn - a comparison of the Army Upkeep seems to suggest no change sadly. :(
Perhaps it does something else, or doesn't count with garrisons, or...?

Grin
04-09-2012, 03:40
Military administration reduces the recruitment cost in any province the vet is in when he's not enbedded into an army or town, I believe.

Lemur
04-09-2012, 14:04
Well, that's a not-terribly-helpful stat, then. The purchase price isn't the problem with units; it's the upkeep. You can almost always scrape together enough cash to buy a unit.

quadalpha
04-09-2012, 18:46
Military administration reduces the recruitment cost in any province the vet is in when he's not enbedded into an army or town, I believe.

Wait, so that means you can move him from province to province on the same turn and have cheaper recruitment, since costs are deducted when you order the recruitment and not at end of turn?

Grin
04-09-2012, 20:14
hmm I suppose that might work.

Geisha have a similar stat called Perform.
I think the point is to make them passively useful when your moving them around or using them against enemies in or near your territory.

Trithemius
04-12-2012, 02:46
I have a screenshot from Satsuma's recruitment panel, where I have an Advisor with Military Administration 10+, and it appears that Imperial Infantry are now 0 to recruit.
That's... impressive!

Trithemius
04-12-2012, 02:49
I am curious what Perform and Entertain Nobles does - the text for Entertain Nobles suggests it improves growth - does perform do that too?

frogbeastegg
04-13-2012, 14:05
I am curious what Perform and Entertain Nobles does - the text for Entertain Nobles suggests it improves growth - does perform do that too?
If a geisha is stood in friendly territory but not in a city, she will perform. If she is stationed inside a city she will entertain nobles. Both boost town growth by +2 koku per turn per rank. I think it maxes out at +16 per turn if you level her to the maximum and buy the relevant skills.

Kurisu
04-13-2012, 19:40
If a geisha is stood in friendly territory but not in a city, she will perform. If she is stationed inside a city she will entertain nobles. Both boost town growth by +2 koku per turn per rank. I think it maxes out at +16 per turn if you level her to the maximum and buy the relevant skills.

I was testing that the other day and had come to the conclusion that Entertain is actually a little more effective than Perform, but sometimes the growth bonus is equivalent due to rounding at lower skill levels. Have to look at it again since you say otherwise. Ditto for other agent 'town vs country' passive abilities.

Just had a look -- I have a rank 4 geisha with 5 stars in both Entertain and Perform (went for the middle of the tree). She yields +5 in town and +3 outside. Must be a rounding thing since at an earlier point I also recall seeing +2 for both.

The right side of the tree looks a little more appealing since it has both that and Distract Garrisons which is unique to geisha and seems pretty useful if you're out-manned in an assault. Although I guess no one else can give a morale boost either (left branch). Pretty good skills balance for agents this time around it seems.

frogbeastegg
04-13-2012, 21:19
I was testing that the other day and had come to the conclusion that Entertain is actually a little more effective than Perform, but sometimes the growth bonus is equivalent due to rounding at lower skill levels. Have to look at it again since you say otherwise. Ditto for other agent 'town vs country' passive abilities.

Just had a look -- I have a rank 4 geisha with 5 stars in both Entertain and Perform (went for the middle of the tree). She yields +5 in town and +3 outside. Must be a rounding thing since at an earlier point I also recall seeing +2 for both.

The right side of the tree looks a little more appealing since it has both that and Distract Garrisons which is unique to geisha and seems pretty useful if you're out-manned in an assault. Although I guess no one else can give a morale boost either (left branch). Pretty good skills balance for agents this time around it seems.
You're correct. I just checked with my current campaign, and my 4 star geisha is giving +4 to town growth. This is a little odd. I did a few quick tests on release day, and my geisha was giving me +14 at rank 7 in entertain, no other influences present AFAIK. Oh well, I suppose the important thing is that our findings agree now.

The right side of the tree also gives access to the skill which gives a flat 10% boost to business wealth across your empire. Juicy! I'd like to know if that stacks if you buy the ability for multiple geisha.

Kurisu
04-13-2012, 22:04
You're correct. I just checked with my current campaign, and my 4 star geisha is giving +4 to town growth. This is a little odd. I did a few quick tests on release day, and my geisha was giving me +14 at rank 7 in entertain, no other influences present AFAIK. Oh well, I suppose the important thing is that our findings agree now.

The right side of the tree also gives access to the skill which gives a flat 10% boost to business wealth across your empire. Juicy! I'd like to know if that stacks if you buy the ability for multiple geisha.

Ah ha, that's where the character tax boost is hiding. So there's no longer any way to boost tax locally (with characters), just global with geisha and finance commissioner. Have to test the stacking, but I don't have any geisha that far along yet.

edit: Oh, wait. It's commerce wealth and not tax?

edit: I see, it's business building wealth. I wonder if that's all commercial buildings.

Trithemius
04-14-2012, 07:09
I should be able to check that in my Satsuma game, I think I have two rank 6 geisha with that promotion - if I can just find where the stat is hiding...

quadalpha
04-14-2012, 08:09
I should be able to check that in my Satsuma game, I think I have two rank 6 geisha with that promotion - if I can just find where the stat is hiding...

You can mouse over the unit card in the campaign map and it should show her numbers bottom left.

Trithemius
04-15-2012, 02:24

I just promoted a second rank 6 geisha to have Entrepreneur and my overall income did not increase. I did not end-turn to see if it would recalculate, but all other effects appeared to recalculate so I am going to assume that the +10% wealth from business buildings across all provinces is not stackable.

I suppose this makes sense for the "top tier" effects: what if all your ishin shishi actions were -30% cost, combined with each characters' personal action cost discount!?

andrewt
04-17-2012, 15:43
I'm pretty sure they stack. The geisha one gives bonuses to the inn line of buildings. I have around 4 maxed out geishas out of 7 in my current game.