PDA

View Full Version : Do civil war rebels ever rejoin your faction?

Brandy Blue
05-17-2012, 05:05
I was playing Welsh in Viking era, Caravel mod. I had a civil war and backed my king. My main stack in Wessex went rebel, so I pulled out the only loyal unit and let them have the province. Elsewhere, I had loyal troops only or else fought the rebels and won.

Next turn, I looked at Wessex, and the rebel stack was dark green and loyal again. I think the leader of that stack was the leader of the rebellion (i.e., would have been my king if I had backed the rebels), but I'm not completely sure because there were a couple of generals around called Iago.

I haven't had a MTW civil war in ages, so I don't really remember. Is stuff like that supposed to happen?

Trapped in Samsara
05-17-2012, 13:13
Hi Brandy Blue

You pose an interesting question. I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but I hope someone has some experience to draw on about this.

Best regards
Victor

Sapere aude
Horace

gollum
05-17-2012, 19:09
The Caravel mod is NOT made for the Vicking campaign. Only for the early era (it has its own Caravel mod cxampaigns customised for unit sizes). If i'm not mistaken, i've seen this happen once.

Brandy Blue
05-18-2012, 02:44
Well, I put it like this.
I downloaded and installed the Caravel Mod, and played a campaign in Viking era. I noticed that the names of some units had changed, and I do not know what other unintended changes the Mod may have made to Viking era. I agree, thats not the same as saying that the Caravel Mod is a Viking era mod.

Probably the mod has nothing to do with what happened, as civil wars are hardcoded AFAIK. I just mentioned it for completeness.

Ironside
05-18-2012, 08:19
It happens occationally, also for the AI (it's usually that influence boost that prevents the civil war spiral). It's often started by a loyalist rebellion that drags a bunch of provinces with them, although that sudden silent joining happens as well.

gollum
05-18-2012, 16:24
Well, I put it like this.
I downloaded and installed the Caravel Mod, and played a campaign in Viking era. I noticed that the names of some units had changed, and I do not know what other unintended changes the Mod may have made to Viking era. I agree, thats not the same as saying that the Caravel Mod is a Viking era mod.

Probably the mod has nothing to do with what happened, as civil wars are hardcoded AFAIK. I just mentioned it for completeness.

I know BB. I didn't meant you said anything for the mod. I just clarified what it does and what it does not. Thanks for trying it anyway ;)

Brandy Blue
05-19-2012, 02:33
And thank you for making it.:bow: You are the author IIRC. :ave:

gollum
05-19-2012, 20:03
I'm the primary one, yes. Thank you :bow:

Axalon
05-20-2012, 03:28
It happens occationally, also for the AI (it's usually that influence boost that prevents the civil war spiral). It's often started by a loyalist rebellion that drags a bunch of provinces with them, although that sudden silent joining happens as well.

x2...

- A