PDA

View Full Version : Fix for resolution problems.

Sepheus
07-19-2012, 17:16
Hello everyone, this is my first post to 'The Org' but I have been browsing the forums for many years. I have written what should be a fix for the 800x600/640x480 resolution cap on higher end cards. This should mean an end to the rebooting shenanigans that were previously required. I do not yet have the ability to attach links to posts, but I can provide the fix on request and I will amend this post when I have the privileges required for attachments/links.

Update:

The download can be found here: Removed link as the file has become available in the forum download section.
Please feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

-----------------------edit by drone---------------------------------
Uploaded locally to the Org, link here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=168&id=10240)

Dellathane
07-24-2012, 11:30
This is the most exciting thread title I've seen on the Org, including TW:RII. It works beautifully. Thank you Thank You THANK YOU!!!

Now I've got to change my signature......

drone
07-24-2012, 15:29
My MTW setup never had the problem, glad to see it worked for you. I wonder if this fix works with Shogun, I think I'll post this in the Sword Dojo as well...

I'll be uploading the fix to the Org download section soon. I would like to rename the file to something a little more descriptive if that's ok with you, Sepheus?

Sepheus
07-24-2012, 17:17
This is the most exciting thread title I've seen on the Org, including TW:RII. It works beautifully. Thank you Thank You THANK YOU!!!

Now I've got to change my signature......

I am glad you have found it of some use! Please let me know if there are any issues. It is my first time doing anything like this, hopefully I have not overlooked anything.

My MTW setup never had the problem, glad to see it worked for you. I wonder if this fix works with Shogun, I think I'll post this in the Sword Dojo as well...

I'll be uploading the fix to the Org download section soon. I would like to rename the file to something a little more descriptive if that's ok with you, Sepheus?

It should work with Shogun, I have not tested that, but I do believe Medieval Total War and Shogun Total War used the same engine. If not - I could certainly make it work. You may rename the zip file, the DLL needs to remain named ddraw.dll. Once the fix is in the download section is it possible to update the file, should I release any more fixes (such as a windowed mode or a fix for Intel/GeForce 8000/9000 cards)? If I have the time I would like to make fixes for more issues and hopefully add a configuration file for the DLL.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

drone
07-24-2012, 17:46
It should work with Shogun, I have not tested that, but I do believe Medieval Total War and Shogun Total War used the same engine. If not - I could certainly make it work. You may rename the zip file, the DLL needs to remain named ddraw.dll. Once the fix is in the download section is it possible to update the file, should I release any more fixes (such as a windowed mode or a fix for Intel/GeForce 8000/9000 cards)? If I have the time I would like to make fixes for more issues and hopefully add a configuration file for the DLL.

I'll have to ask the admins about replacing/updating files in the downloads. If the board software doesn't allow it, I could just apply a version number to each update's filename. For this fix, I was thinking of calling it something like: "Sepheus_ddraw_fix_v1.zip".

Sepheus
07-24-2012, 19:55
I'll have to ask the admins about replacing/updating files in the downloads. If the board software doesn't allow it, I could just apply a version number to each update's filename. For this fix, I was thinking of calling it something like: "Sepheus_ddraw_fix_v1.zip".

Very well, that is fine with me! Hopefully people with the issue will be able to find it easily enough.

drone
07-26-2012, 05:55
File uploaded to the Org, local link added to the OP.

Baron von Manteuffel
07-26-2012, 06:34
@ Sepheus - A big thank you for your brilliant fix. I've had the Vista OS now for almost 4 years and my computer couldn't run MTW until this ultimate fix. So many people were trying to get this game to work with high end computers and then you come along with this? I pretty much gave up trying to get MTW to run with my Quad core i7, Vista 64-bit OS, and ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video card, but tonight I had the game running flawlessly for about 2 hours. I only shut it down so I could post a thank you to you, LOL. Amazing!!!

Stazi
07-26-2012, 16:32
Once the fix is in the download section is it possible to update the file, should I release any more fixes (such as a windowed mode or a fix for Intel/GeForce 8000/9000 cards)? If I have the time I would like to make fixes for more issues and hopefully add a configuration file for the DLL.

If you could make a fix for GF 8XXX/9XXX cards it'd help a lot of people (like me :yes:). Those cards are a little outdated but if you mostly play old school games like MTW they are still enough.
I haven't had any problems with resolutions but anyway thanks for the fix. It may be very much needed when I'll buy a new PC.

Geezer57
07-26-2012, 22:53
http://www.smallfiles.org/download/1340/MTWFix.zip.html

Sepheus:

That site is showing as malicious to my antivirus software. If I PM you my e-mail address, would you attach that file to a message?

HopAlongBunny
07-26-2012, 23:03
Sepheus:

That site is showing as malicious to my antivirus software. If I PM you my e-mail address, would you attach that file to a message?

Same; the .org link worked for me though.

Thank you Sepheus; works as advertised and has cut my crashes going to the Main menu from game :)

Sepheus
07-27-2012, 00:34
Hello everyone, I am glad that the fix has been of some use to you! Geezer57, I have removed the original link and recommend that you use the link that drone inserted into my post. If anyone is interested in the source code, please feel free to message me privately and I will see what I can do.

huth
07-27-2012, 17:07

It is possible to fix that? Really? It'd be... like another resurrection of Jesus...

HopAlongBunny
08-01-2012, 12:02
No sticky or addition to useful links?

drone
08-01-2012, 15:21
No sticky or addition to useful links?
I've been debating where to put it. I've added it to the wiki technical FAQ and popped it to the Org front page, but I've been pondering how to organize the stickies. There is some duplication already, I probably need a fresh thread with links to the relevant discussions (which get then unstuck).

Nagnar
10-19-2012, 01:08
Hello Sepheus,
I have had some problems with this fix. In combination (everything works fine individually) with the Redux mod's MapTex.tga and MapTex2.tga I get an error and crash to In-Game menu.
So my question is, is this fix dependent on Vanilla MTW's campaign map files? And if so, could it be fixed to work with modded campaign map textures as well?

-Nagnar

Edit: Link to some discussion about this problem: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?138715-Redux-amp-W7

drone
10-19-2012, 03:36
Hopefully Sepheus still lurks and will chime in.

For grins, could you try the old workaround for the resolution problems specified here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?127906-Resalution-issues&p=2487503&viewfull=1#post2487503)? I believe Sepheus set the max memory to 2048 Mb in his ddraw wrapper. So without the ddraw.dll, try both the larger setting (2560 Mb) and smaller (2048 Mb) with Redux to see if both work. Maybe Redux needs more than 2Gb?

Welcome to the Org, Nagnar! ~:wave:

ferdi
10-20-2012, 10:57
oo my god. forum is alive.
i look almost every day to forum but it used to die...
no new thread no new message.
ı play MT XL 2 or 3 times in a weak. ı ca't give up it.
one day my thesis other day MT XL.
so hi to every one.

drone
10-20-2012, 13:38
so hi to every one.
~:wave:

I check every day, but most of the Main Hall denizens/lurkers are old timers so there's not much new to discuss. New discussion is always welcome, and will usually drag a couple of us out of the woodwork.
The game is 10 years old now, should have posted a Happy Birthday shout in August, my bad. :stwshame:

Nagnar
10-22-2012, 02:05
Thanks for the welcome drone :)
2560 doesn't work with with Redux or vanilla for me but 2048 does, I suppose It's workable despite being a huge pain what with the restarting.
I did actually know about that other fix but didn't want to use it because of the annoyance but oh well, it works I guess...

-Nagnar

Gilrandir
10-22-2012, 13:56
oo my god. forum is alive.
i look almost every day to forum but it used to die...

Ditto. I had been logged out, forgot my password, got a new one and - silence out there. I thought the logging out had somehow changed my settings so new posts won't filter in. Drone, you might post an empty message every now and then to let everybody know there are some survivors on the island.:laugh4:

drone
10-22-2012, 15:24
Drone, you might post an empty message every now and then to let everybody know there are some survivors on the island.:laugh4:
Piiiinnngggg!

Seems odd that Redux works with the old fix at 2048 MB, but not with the ddraw.dll which does the reports the same amount of memory. Maybe there is a disconnect between the code that checks memory strictly for the resolution choices, and how the actual memory gets allocated with all the necessary textures, which Redux will definitely tax more heavily.

ferdi
10-22-2012, 17:59
today is my off day
hmm now I'm gonna play another game...
which faction I'll choose:crown:
long live my king...
lets start

caravel
10-23-2012, 09:23
We're still here, just waiting for someone to ask a question or post some screenshots of their campaign...

Sepheus
10-23-2012, 11:16
Hello Nagnar, the fix does not depend on any vanilla files but I am not surprised it does not work with an extensive mod. Mods may change the memory requirements in such a way that the hard-coded limit may no longer be compatible. I may consider creating a configuration file where one can manually set the amount of memory that ddraw.dll should report to the engine.

Gilrandir
10-23-2012, 16:13
We're still here, just waiting for someone to ask a question

Ok, but remember, you were waiting for it. This seems to be a wrong thread for it and the problem was broached in my very first post at this forum, but caravel is so starved for questions...
Well, it is about attacking from different provinces. It has been elucidated by Asai that if two armies attack from different provinces the same province of the enemy thus combining into a single army, it (the army) will be headed by the general with more stars. But what if the generals have equal number of stars? What determines the appointment of the joint army's leader - piety, dread, hidden v&vs or random choice of the AI?

drone
10-23-2012, 20:05
Well, it is about attacking from different provinces. It has been elucidated by Asai that if two armies attack from different provinces the same province of the enemy thus combining into a single army, it (the army) will be headed by the general with more stars. But what if the generals have equal number of stars? What determines the appointment of the joint army's leader - piety, dread, hidden v&vs or random choice of the AI?
I imagine it would be the same with multi-unit stacks (which I haven't really looked at). Pile a bunch of 1-stars into a stack and see which one gets the nod. :yes:

LordK9
10-24-2012, 08:01
I'm going to take a complete and totally unevidenced guess: date of rank since all militaries I know of have done it that way forever. If saluting goes back to the middle ages (raising the visor to acknowledge friendly intent), then other such customs may well date back to then.

Baron von Manteuffel
11-02-2012, 17:55
I've tried this fix with BKB Supermod, XL Tiberious version, MedMod, Fall of Rome, and others, and it does fix the resolution problems. I always get crashes though and it's usually the next "end of turn" after fighting a battle. Is this related to the ddraw.dll when transitioning from the battle mode to the strategy map? Do you think the button fix would help? It does get annoying crashing after battles but I hate to auto resolve them.

Stazi
11-04-2012, 11:45
If you have any problems involving strategy map (especially CTDs) you should try button fix.

Baron von Manteuffel
11-04-2012, 13:12
If you have any problems involving strategy map (especially CTDs) you should try button fix.Thank you I'll give it a try.

caravel
11-05-2012, 15:46
Ok, but remember, you were waiting for it. This seems to be a wrong thread for it and the problem was broached in my very first post at this forum, but caravel is so starved for questions...
It's the same question as: "two units attack a single province from two different provinces, both units are identical, (0 star generals), which one is chosen as the general?".

Whoever is chosen as the general also determines the border lands chosen for the staging of the battle. It's not clear as to who would be chosen, but if the game engine cannot use command stars then it must have to choose the general based on other generals' stats... if those are also equal then the unit quality would presumably determine which unit leads the army, if both units are the same then the ages of the generals involved may factor in, if both units were trained on the same year, then there is always the campmap province ID... if the game engine could not decide then the game would crash, so there has to be "fail safes" for this.

I would concur with drone, that the best approach would be for you to test it and post your findings...

Baron von Manteuffel
11-06-2012, 11:18
I tried the resolution fix and the button fix and applied both to MedMod. Fought a battle and hit end of turn with no problem but while cycling through I was attacked and when this battle was loading I got "error medieval total war encountered an error and will now exit" or something like that. I don't know what else to try?

drone
11-06-2012, 17:02
Just out of curiosity, what are your machine specs?

I still occasionally get CTDs when exiting battles, but not really often enough to bother me that much. And now that I've said that, one day it will happen after a epically long Horde battle and I will be a very, very, sad general.

Baron von Manteuffel
11-06-2012, 18:22
Windows Vista 64 bit
Model FX6800
Quad core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
ATI Radeon™ HD 4850
RAM 3 GB DDR3
750 GB SATA Hardrive

drone
11-06-2012, 19:58
Have you tried running MTW in WinXP or Win2K emulation mode?

Baron von Manteuffel
11-07-2012, 00:08
I have tried WinXP mode and it didn't help at all. I just tried the Windows 2000 mode and again, fought a battle with no problem but I was attacked in another provence and "Medieval Total War encountered an error and will now exit". For me, it always happens if I have to fight more than one battle per turn it seems.

caravel
11-07-2012, 10:34
This is the system? http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/FX/FX6800/FX6800sp2.shtml

It mentions two types of GPU:

Graphics1
(Requires Discrete Graphics) ATI CrossFire™ dual card option
ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 graphics1, featuring:
512 MB video buffer memory
DirectX® 10
Shader Model 4.0

NVIDIA GTS 150 graphics, featuring:
1 GB video buffer memory
DirectX® 10
Shader Model 4.0

The latter is based on the earlier NV50/NV8x/9x (8000/9000) series GPUs which have been known to have problems with the first two TW games.

Gilrandir
11-12-2012, 15:07
Whoever is chosen as the general also determines the border lands chosen for the staging of the battle. It's not clear as to who would be chosen, but if the game engine cannot use command stars then it must have to choose the general based on other generals' stats... if those are also equal then the unit quality would presumably determine which unit leads the army, if both units are the same then the ages of the generals involved may factor in, if both units were trained on the same year, then there is always the campmap province ID... if the game engine could not decide then the game would crash, so there has to be "fail safes" for this.

I would concur with drone, that the best approach would be for you to test it and post your findings...
It is the best approach, but the longest one to find out the answer. So I thought that someone has already tried what you advise and can come up with the results. If some orgers were not lazy to conduct countless one-unit-against-one-unit battles to find out which is better, I was hoping that others have performed numerous unit mergings to find out what qualities of the generals are at work in choosing the head of the joint army. Apparently not. Well, again it's poor me who has to do all the work myself.

DEB8
11-13-2012, 02:49
So I thought that someone has already tried what you advise and can come up with the results. If some orgers were not lazy to conduct countless one-unit-against-one-unit battles to find out which is better, I was hoping that others have performed numerous unit mergings to find out what qualities of the generals are at work in choosing the head of the joint army. Apparently not. Well, again it's poor me who has to do all the work myself.

It's said generally, and maybe by someone in particular but I don't know who ; that the only person one can rely on is oneself ! That I learnt many years ago...

Good luck !

Stazi
11-13-2012, 10:38
I have tried WinXP mode and it didn't help at all. I just tried the Windows 2000 mode and again, fought a battle with no problem but I was attacked in another provence and "Medieval Total War encountered an error and will now exit". For me, it always happens if I have to fight more than one battle per turn it seems.

Vista... hmm... I would change the system first ;) but there are still some tricks you can try.
1. From my own experience resolutions higher than 800x600 may cause problems on some configurations so try set both tactical and strategic map resolutions to 800x600.
2. Run the game in debug mode. Go to properties of mtw shortcut and add D at he end of the path e.g. "D:\MTW\Medieval_TW.EXE" D. It will also make the game work in window but if it help it still better than CTDs, right?
3. Sometimes minimap cause problems too. Go to properties of mtw shortcut and add -ian at he end of the path e.g. "D:\MTW\Medieval_TW.EXE" -ian. You can combine this with previous trick so the path will look like this "D:\MTW\Medieval_TW.EXE" D -ian. After applying this you can toggle minimap by ctrl + I or ctrl + H. Be careful what you press, -ian command adds a lot of new keyboard shortcuts/cheats.

Ok. That's all for now. Let me know if anything of these works for you.

johnswan
11-15-2012, 21:17
I`ve just started playing the `pocket mod` for MTW/VI 2.1 and it has enabled me to go to 1024x768 without any problems so far.Before i could only use 800x600 (for vanilla game).Have a HP g series laptop using a on board radeon HD card and Windows 7.

Stazi
11-15-2012, 21:52
MTW checks all 4:3 resolutions provided by your card's driver. For example I have 1440x900 LCD so MTW showed me 1024x768 as max possible resolution. After I've used PowerStrip and added 1200x900 to driver's resolutions list, MTW allows me to play in this unusual resolution too. It has to be 4:3. Other things don't matter (in my case).

drone
11-16-2012, 03:31
So that explains it, I never put 2 and 2 together. ~:doh: I had MTW on an older laptop, and it always forced me to run with a funky aspect ratio. Does the "Widescreen" option change this requirement?

Stazi
11-16-2012, 09:10
I've tried "Widescreen" but it only adds black stripes on the top and bottom of the screen which makes the visible area even smaller. The screen is still 4:3. When I play in 1200x900 with "keep aspect ratio" checked, GPU gives me black stripes from the left and right and MTW - from the top and bottom so it looks like playing in a window ~:). I really don't know why they added this fake widescreen "feature".

caravel
11-16-2012, 09:45
I`ve just started playing the `pocket mod` for MTW/VI 2.1 and it has enabled me to go to 1024x768 without any problems so far.Before i could only use 800x600 (for vanilla game).Have a HP g series laptop using a on board radeon HD card and Windows 7.
:dizzy2:

Well that's a turn up - I built nothing into the mod that would fix that - I don't think it includes the button fix either, so if you get 1024x768 with the mod, you should also get it with the vanilla game...

(BTW, the mod is unfinished, especially with regard to the tech tree, and not at all well balanced, so you may have to do your own tweaking to get it working decently - it's so long ago now that I can't remember exactly what needs to be done...).

Trapped in Samsara
11-16-2012, 15:32
Hi

Can't help sticking my oar in...

Why are you chaps seemingly convinced that the problem being discussed is rooted in the screen resolution, which I imagine corresponds to video memory?

Could this perhaps be an issue with the amount of RAM? Or the video card driver?

Can I just add that I experience frequent crashes to desktop in MTW vanilla and mods, usually, but not exclusively, during big battles and I have spent a lot of time, nervous energy, and some money trying to eliminate the problem - without any success.

Best regards
Victor

Sapere aude
Horace

Stazi
11-16-2012, 18:12
Why are you chaps seemingly convinced that the problem being discussed is rooted in the screen resolution, which I imagine corresponds to video memory?
Could this perhaps be an issue with the amount of RAM? Or the video card driver?
Sometimes it's hard to say what causes a CTD. It may be a video driver, amount of video or system memory, system incompatibility, screen resolution or any combination of them. There is no ultimate solution for all. It can be even an video/audio codec that works in the background. If I were you I'd take an old but still working hdd, make a fresh install of win XP and start form the scratch. It's usually the best method to find out what's all about.

Can I just add that I experience frequent crashes to desktop in MTW vanilla and mods, usually, but not exclusively, during big battles and I have spent a lot of time, nervous energy, and some money trying to eliminate the problem - without any success.

Could you tell what you've done so far and what's your actual configuration? Maybe we'll solve your problems. MTW is worth all the efforts!:yes:

johnswan
11-16-2012, 22:44
:dizzy2:

Well that's a turn up - I built nothing into the mod that would fix that - I don't think it includes the button fix either, so if you get 1024x768 with the mod, you should also get it with the vanilla game...

(BTW, the mod is unfinished, especially with regard to the tech tree, and not at all well balanced, so you may have to do your own tweaking to get it working decently - it's so long ago now that I can't remember exactly what needs to be done...).

well i`ll see how it goes,certainly not capable of any tweaking of my own,dont know why it seems to work at the higher res,anyway nice mod-:)

Baron von Manteuffel
11-17-2012, 20:38
@ Stazi - I set both tactical and strategic map resolutions to 800x600. Ran the game in debug mode. Right clicked on the desktop shortcut, selected properties, selected compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and Run in 256 colors. Then I set the desktop Display settings to 16 bit. I still get CTD's if I have more than one battle per turn and sometimes I get an unexplained crash. I had one of those unexplained ones playing the Tyberius XL Mod. I only had an auto-save but everytime I loaded it up it would crash two turns later. Everytime two turns later CRASH! After about five tries I did not enter the code .worksundays. and I got by this game killing crash. Do all those codes like .viagra. and .deadringer. cause the game to crash? It sure did with the .worksundays. code. I hate waiting all those turns for new buildings. I guess I could always mod the CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT so all the buildings build in one turn and then I wouldn't need the .worksundays. code. Stazi do you ever use any codes? Can you verify if they cause additional instability to the game? Thanks

Stazi
11-17-2012, 21:47
Yes, I've used various codes with different mods but they've never given me a CTD or other error. Your crashes are really strange. Does vanilla game crash the same way as with Tiberius mod? Which version of Tiberius mod do you use?
Could you do all things that makes the game crash, save it and send it to me? I'll install the same mod as you, load your saved game and try to duplicate your crashes. I'm afraid I won't be able to help without seeing these errors myself. If you are interested I send you my email via PM.

P.S. This may seem like a stupid question but have you tried to turn off the sound (in game's options)? The same for AGP memory (slider to the left)? I've never seen errors like yours so I'm just checking some possibilities.

Baron von Manteuffel
11-18-2012, 03:17
Yes, I've used various codes with different mods but they've never given me a CTD or other error. Your crashes are really strange. Does vanilla game crash the same way as with Tiberius mod? Which version of Tiberius mod do you use?
Could you do all things that makes the game crash, save it and send it to me? I'll install the same mod as you, load your saved game and try to duplicate your crashes. I'm afraid I won't be able to help without seeing these errors myself. If you are interested I send you my email via PM.

P.S. This may seem like a stupid question but have you tried to turn off the sound (in game's options)? The same for AGP memory (slider to the left)? I've never seen errors like yours so I'm just checking some possibilities.Yes vanilla crashes too. The Tyberius version is 2.2. It seems to crash when I fight more than one battle per turn on any of the Medieval Mods. It usually happens right after I click on "Command the defense of this castle" or whatever that option is, and sometimes the second battle will load and after I start playing it crashes. I got in the habit of quick saving before the end of the turn because of this. I can always reload and continue the game but it's just frustrating to have to keep doing that like it's a regular part of the game.

Stazi what OS are you running? I use to have a Pentium 4 with Windows XP and an old Nvidia Geforce T4200 I believe it was, and these old Medieval Mods played flawlessly. I still have the XP disk but if I install that OS I'm going to have trouble with the newer games like Rome Total War 2. I did buy a Windows 7 Professional OS that I have not installed yet and it has a Windows XP mode but I still think it'll be the same problem. My ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 video card just doesn't like this game. Thank you for any help.

Stazi
11-19-2012, 00:01
Yes vanilla crashes too. The Tyberius version is 2.2. It seems to crash when I fight more than one battle per turn on any of the Medieval Mods.
Have you tried auto-resolve battles? Do they crash the same way as when you manually play them? It'd tell us what cause CTDs: battle maps or strategy map.

Stazi what OS are you running? I use to have a Pentium 4 with Windows XP and an old Nvidia Geforce T4200 I believe it was, and these old Medieval Mods played flawlessly. I still have the XP disk but if I install that OS I'm going to have trouble with the newer games like Rome Total War 2. I did buy a Windows 7 Professional OS that I have not installed yet and it has a Windows XP mode but I still think it'll be the same problem. My ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 video card just doesn't like this game. Thank you for any help.
I use win XP SP3, Core 2 Duo 2,9GHz, 4GB ram. For MTW I've been using Radeon X1900 512mb but I've recently bought Radeon HD6850 1GB and after few tests it seems to work ok too (maybe except that I can't force him to work with 32-bit color palette). btw I have a laptop with similar card - Radeon HD 4650 so I'll install Tiberius mod tomorrow and let how it goes.
---- EDIT ----
I've installed Tiberius 2.2 and everything seems normal. Check your PMs.

Baron von Manteuffel
12-10-2012, 19:43
@ Stazi - It's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything from you so I assume you were unsuccessful in finding anything from the save I sent you. I wanted to thank you for trying. I have moved on unfortunately. I can still play the game but it does get frustrating to fight an epic battle and then suffer a CTD which kills the fun of it. Thanks anyway Stazi. ~;)

Axalon
12-15-2012, 10:52
Anyways...

Sepheus, you have a reply to your PM...

Maybe Redux needs more than 2Gb?

Nope, it does not... It can run on W7 (64-bit) with Ram set below 1024MB (in game options)... 1280x1024 resolutions at least (have not checked any higher on W7, due to monitor, but probably higher then that as well)...

Lastly, as I already said in the "Redux & W7"-thread. Redux works just fine on its own, however when people are trying to combine it with this current fix - crash. I have no idea as for why, other then it seems to be connected with the campmap-texture - as far as I can tell. I guess this has yet to be further investigated by Sepheus as he knows his own stuff far better then I do...

- A

Lord of the Pies
12-18-2012, 07:45
Anyways...

Sepheus, you have a reply to your PM...

Nope, it does not... It can run on W7 (64-bit) with Ram set below 1024MB (in game options)... 1280x1024 resolutions at least (have not checked any higher on W7, due to monitor, but probably higher then that as well)...

Lastly, as I already said in the "Redux & W7"-thread. Redux works just fine on its own, however when people are trying to combine it with this current fix - crash. I have no idea as for why, other then it seems to be connected with the campmap-texture - as far as I can tell. I guess this has yet to be further investigated by Sepheus as he knows his own stuff far better then I do...

- A

AXALON! I switched the campaign map textures from Redux with vanillas, which is only a color change and it WORKS, BY GOD I CAN PLAY REDUX IN HIGH RESOLUTION FINALLY!!

Nagnar
12-18-2012, 09:56
No, that doesn't work; You have to switch out both the main texture (MapTex2.tga) and the province boundary(?) (MapTex.tga) texture which means the campaign is unplayable as near half of the provinces are inaccessible.

Unfortunately the only option for high res Redux is the set-the-ram-in-boot-settings method :/

Lord of the Pies
12-18-2012, 21:20
No, that doesn't work; You have to switch out both the main texture (MapTex2.tga) and the province boundary(?) (MapTex.tga) texture which means the campaign is unplayable as near half of the provinces are inaccessible.

Unfortunately the only option for high res Redux is the set-the-ram-in-boot-settings method :/

Aye, I discovered this when i couldnt invade edessa, sad face.

Axalon
12-21-2012, 05:20
Hi again guys (and a special mighty hello to Pies),

Short version....
=======================
I solved it, temporarily anyways... I'll upload a fix-fix soon...

Long version....
=======================
I have been looking into stuff about Redux and the S-Fix (Sepheus ddraw-Fix) and it seems like I may have solved it - temporary anyways. MTW has two campmap-textures, right? 1 big, 1 small. The thing is that the S-Fix seems to rely on the small one - while Redux rely on the big one (maybe this was what you were saying as well, Nagnar? In your post?). I never made a small one, I figured it was never needed for the new beta-editions, all they have is a dummy-replace file as to cut the overall size.

The problem then is that the RX replace-file - " MapTex.tga" is in conflict with the S-Fix, and hence crash. The S-Fix seems set for, and demands, a regular file, when it don't get it, as the dummy file are too different in size - we get a crash. This is how I understand it. The main problem is thus " MapTex.tga" for creating the crash. However, we also need a "LukMap.Lbm" that is adjusted for Redux in order for everything to get fully function. Yet again, I never made one as I thought it was never needed, and it isn't, as long as we run Redux on its own (without the S-Fix). Maybe you guys are way ahead of me and it is first now that I too get it? ...?...

So what needs to be done here for a temporary solution is me creating and uploading such files somehow. At any rate, the map will lose detail and never look as good as the big texture does, as we run things on Redux alone, but the resolution problems, for the people that have such, will disappear at least. The ultimate solution for all such people is then to have Sepheus to make another version that depends/relies on the big files instead as in "MapTex2.tga" and "LukMap2.LBM". Then the campmap-texture will be visible in full detail as originally intended. I'll try to upload the temporary stuff soon....

- A

Axalon
12-21-2012, 18:17
Alright, the link is up for the temporary hotfix for Redux and (the current) Sepheus-Fix... Making them get along... Umm... Be advised there will be a detail loss on the campmap due to the required smaller texture. As I said, this is a temporary solution....

EDIT:
---------------------------------------------
The updated hotfix is available here:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/104446/rxb1003_hotfix2-zip

- A

Lord of the Pies
12-21-2012, 18:52
Alright, the link is up for the temporary hotfix for Redux and (the current) Sepheus-Fix... Making them get along... Umm... Be advised there will be a detail loss on the campmap due to the required smaller texture. As I said, this is a temporary solution....

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/101919/rxb1003_hotfix-zip

- A

Merry Christmas to all, God bless us, every one!

thanks axalon!

Nagnar
01-18-2013, 18:54
Huzzah! Can now play Redux with convenience, the loss of detail is indeed noticeable but hopefully Sepheus will achieve a full solution at some point
Many thanks to you Axalon

laserg
01-26-2013, 11:58
I have been playing mods since Rome Total War, been writing posts on twcenter, and now I found a reason to registrate here just because of this solution - simple dll file which solved ALL of my problems wit MTW.

I play on the laptop, Windows 7, with geforce card - nice mess, isn't it? Now there are no freezes, slow downs, graphic glitches, I even play on full screen.

Sepheus - you did a work that belonged to owner of MTW. You should get 10% of every sold copy since 2008. Great job man.

Note to the administrator - you MUST sticky this solution, it's amazing.

edyzmedieval
04-24-2013, 12:33
I second the post above, same issues for me - Windows 7, GeForce, no problems any more.

Excellent work Sepheus, thank you very much. :bow:

huth
05-12-2013, 14:17
Hi there after quite a long time...

Yesterday I've chatted with forum mate about TW series, and he said MTW works(with battles and all) on his gf8600gt. It was surprising for me, because last time I wanted to play on my 8600gts, battles didn't work(campaign with problems too) and I needed to change to 6600(and beat BKB on it, hell yeah).. Anyway, I just had to try it, so I installed Gold edition(that all-in-one 2.01) and... battles work. Then I installed also old 2cd + exp. cd "edition", it works also.
Well I have no idea what made the change, maybe some newer nvidia drivers or system updates or smth installed with other games or whatever, but it just fix the problem. Right now I have 314.22 driver version(I don't update them right after new version is released, too lazy).
I didn't need to add exception do ffdshow decoders as I had to before, generally I only added that buttons fix. I have XP Pro SP3 32bit and IIRC only change I made to system is edit boot.ini to increase address space of running proces from 2GB to 3GB(it's for not enough momory issues with games) and incresing virtual memomy.
Generally - it's awesome.

Anyway, back to topic...
This resolution fix let me to change "agp memomy"(whatever it is) to higher value and adds new resolution - 1600x1200, and game can't set it, probably because it's too big(I have 1680x1050 monitor)
What should I do with first option? I can adjust it to 3990, or smth like that, left it with ~3300, game works ok.
And what with resolution, is there a way to set it to 1680x1050?

Thanks for answers :)

Stazi
05-12-2013, 21:39
MTW can handle only 4:3 resolutions. Maybe set the resolution to the first smaller than your max screen resolution? The best for you would be 1400x1050 but I doubt the new dll and the game allows it. What's he next smaller that your monitor can handle? Of course you'll have to check the "keep aspect ratio" option in nvidia drivers to keep the game unstretched.

huth
05-12-2013, 22:09
Well in my game it's a bit strange, because there are 1280x1024 and 1280x960... (lower are 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864) and after that fix I can also choose 1600x1200 but game is saying that it's not certified, and smth else, generally I can set it.
I will check that 'keep aspect ratio' then.

drone
05-13-2013, 15:34
Welcome back, huth. Glad to see you can run the old lady once again. :bow:

huth
05-13-2013, 19:09
Glad to see you can run the old lady once again. :bow:
Yeah, this is really surprising and satisfying for me :P

Borderbill62
05-30-2013, 02:32
This is great, hadn't played for years due to all the video problems on upgraded computers. Recently purchased the Gold Edition and found that it ran on my win-7 64 bit, nvidia 460 gtx machine. However, only Medieval would run with VI crashing. Plus I was limited to 800x600/640x480 campaign/battle options. Installed the ddraw.dll file from the link in the first post and now I have increased campaign/battlemap resolutions and VI now runs with out the campaign CTD. Love this game, may be my overall favorite of the TW series though I have spent a lot of time with all of them except the Shogun games.

drone
05-30-2013, 04:39
Welcome to the Org, Borderbill62, happy we could help out. :bow:

Axalon
09-23-2013, 21:04
Um... As I previously forgot to remind people/visitors here about the update/replacement I made earlier this year related to the S-Fix and Redux - I'll do so now. The details on all that can be found at…

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?143972-Anyone-able-to-use-the-S-fix-with-Redux

- A

Cyprian2
05-11-2015, 14:36
Glad to find myself again walking these halls -- and equally glad to have time for some MTW action. I have a lot to report, and will be making some posts in the coming days...

My reason for posting now, however, is that I recently upgraded my old rig with a (slightly) better Nvidia card than my previous, and for the first time in my MTW career, I'm getting sporadic campaign map CTDs.
I've changed the resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 and turned off antialiasing, which used to work, but no change.

I understand that the "button fix" might be the answer to my problem, but I am a little leery about using it, as I read somewhere that it can cause instability issues later in the game. Hoping I can get the thoughts of the esteemed veterans around here.

EDIT: I should clarify that the CTD occurs after saving and reloading a game, and when clicking multiple times on provinces and the building and troop scrolls.

Stazi
05-11-2015, 17:20
Button fix is for those up and down arrows that appears when you have over 16 buildings in a province and you need to scroll them. So, I'd say it's exactly what you need. It's just two files, nothing to worry about.

drone
05-11-2015, 20:31
Good to hear from you again, Cyprian. :bow:

Cyprian2
05-12-2015, 13:59
Button fix is for those up and down arrows that appears when you have over 16 buildings in a province and you need to scroll them. So, I'd say it's exactly what you need. It's just two files, nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the tip, Stazi. Those arrows seem to work fine for me, but it's worth a shot. I will apply the fix and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks, drone. It's good to be back.

EDIT: Seems to have worked -- no crashes so far!

edyzmedieval
05-12-2015, 19:00
The button fix and Sepheus's fix as well work really well - so for any other MTW fans who have Windows 7, use both fixes. :yes:

TamaziP
05-23-2015, 08:17
Hi. I have MTW Viking Invasion, win7 x64 and GTX 750.
Sepheus's fix work, but map is cloudy. Armys and buildings look normal.
Help me please.

drone
05-23-2015, 15:58
Welcome to the Org, TamaziP. ~:wave:

When you say the map, is this the campaign map or the map during battles?

TamaziP
05-23-2015, 17:20
Thank you, I mean campaign map.
s017.radikal.ru/i435/1505/ef/bbe0d97f6e4f.jpg
In battles all is good.

drone
05-24-2015, 06:28
All things considered, that actually doesn't look too bad. What resolution are you running with? The castles and army pieces look good, so it looks like you are using a resolution greater than what the map itself was made for.

TamaziP
05-24-2015, 08:18
Resolution is 1152x864. I made 2 PrintScreen that a difference it was visible better.
First is from XP, second is Windows 7.

s020.radikal.ru/i707/1505/4e/5797cb30bc41.png
i016.radikal.ru/1505/d2/f7f2c7506584.png

If I use a MsConfig 2560 memory method, all is good.
But i have 8 GB memory and constantly it is inconveniently to switch.
If long to play on the muddy card, eyes hurt a little.
Maybe it is necessary to change something in settings of the videocard
or is a newer, improved version of the ddraw.dll?
Sorry for my bad english. :)

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 04:29
Tried it, but unfortunately doesn't work for me.

What happens is that half of the screen gets pushed up, and the new bottom is now just a black bar. Yet the original top half is pushed beyond the monitor, and I can still scroll my mouse to that part.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 04:33
I should probably include a link.

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 04:34
Here is what it looks like, though the text and mouse are still there. https://twitter.com/ArsacesI/status/602678497488809984

edyzmedieval
05-25-2015, 18:14
Medieval works pretty awkwardly on 1152 x 864. No idea why, so try out 1024 x 768 and see how it works for you.

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 19:24
Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue.

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 23:10
Here is a video of what is exactly happening to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCAmLCbmJQ&feature=youtu.be

edyzmedieval
05-25-2015, 23:32
Did you try out compatibility mode? See if it works on Windows 98 properly.

Arsaces
05-25-2015, 23:59
Tried that, now the thing will not even launch.

drone
05-26-2015, 03:33
Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue.

That question was probably for TamaziP. Your problem is one I haven't seen before. What are your system specs, and what resolution are you running?

TamaziP
05-26-2015, 07:02
That question was probably for TamaziP. Your problem is one I haven't seen before. What are your system specs, and what resolution are you running?
Hi drone, my system specs:
MB - MSI Z97 PC MATE
CPU - I5-4460
GPU - Zotac GTX 750 (1 GB)
Memory - 8 GB
Graphic driver - nvidia 350.12
I5-4460 integrated graphic Disabled
MB drivers latest from MSI site
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Resolutuin 1152x864, but other resolution (1024x768) have same problem.
MTW VI my favourite game, I will be very grateful if you help. :bow:

drone
05-26-2015, 17:10
Hi drone, my system specs:
MB - MSI Z97 PC MATE
CPU - I5-4460
GPU - Zotac GTX 750 (1 GB)
Memory - 8 GB
Graphic driver - nvidia 350.12
I5-4460 integrated graphic Disabled
MB drivers latest from MSI site
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Resolutuin 1152x864, but other resolution (1024x768) have same problem.
MTW VI my favourite game, I will be very grateful if you help. :bow:

Try to use the msconfig fix with 2048 instead of 2560. If the map is still blurred, then it would point to this being memory cap issue, and maybe getting a newer ddraw fix with a slightly higher cap might work.

TamaziP
05-26-2015, 20:23
Try to use the msconfig fix with 2048 instead of 2560. If the map is still blurred, then it would point to this being memory cap issue, and maybe getting a newer ddraw fix with a slightly higher cap might work.
msconfig 2560 - Good
msconfig 2048 - Good
ddraw.dll - blurred

I downloaded other version MTW VI with the russian inscriptions on the map.
With both msconfig method inscriptions is a russian and with ddraw.dll inscriptions is a english.

Arsaces
05-26-2015, 20:41
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/26/2015, 14:40:08
Machine name: TEDDESKTOP-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150427-0707)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/04/12 09:48:44 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16376MB RAM
Page File: 3572MB used, 29175MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Display Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Sound Tab 5: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 660
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4037 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1989 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Acer XB280HK
Monitor Id: ACR0407
Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
Output Type: Displayport External
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5286 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.5286
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/12/2015 01:27:22, 15858728 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5280-11CF-5567-2FA41CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x11C0
SubSys ID: 0x84221043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem22.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section032:9.18.13.5286:pci\ven_10de&dev_11c0
Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 660
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4037 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1989 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: VM230XVT
Monitor Id: VIZ0065
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.5286 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.5286
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Date/Size: 5/12/2015 01:27:22, 15858728 bytes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5280-11CF-5567-2FA41CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x11C0
SubSys ID: 0x84221043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem22.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section032:9.18.13.5286:pci\ven_10de&dev_11c0
Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_10438348&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 05:44:23, 350208 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: *XSplitDummy
Product ID: 100
Driver Name: xspltspk.sys
Driver Version: 1.00.0000.0002 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 7/2/2014 20:49:08, 26200 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: SplitmediaLabs

Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_10438348&REV_1000
Other Files:

Description: VM230XVT-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0041&SUBSYS_10438422&REV_1001
Product ID: 100
Driver Name: nvhda64v.sys
Driver Version: 1.03.0034.0003 (English)
Date and Size: 5/13/2015 01:52:35, 195912 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: NVIDIA Corporation

Description: Speakers (Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515)
Hardware ID: USB\VID_046D&PID_BA10&REV_3002&MI_00
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.18208 (English)
Date and Size: 7/12/2013 05:40:58, 109824 bytes
Other Files:

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Cap Flags: 0x1
Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x028E

Device Name: Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515
Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xBA10

Device Name: Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515
Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xBA10

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3B34
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub20
| Service: usbhub
|
+-+ Generic USB Hub
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8087, 0x0020
| | Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0002
| | Matching Device ID: usb\class_09
| | Service: usbhub
| |
| +-+ USB Input Device
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC016
| | | Location: Port_#0006.Hub_#0004
| | | Matching Device ID: generic_hid_device
| | | Service: HidUsb
| | |
| | +-+ HID-compliant mouse
| | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC016
| | | | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| | | | Service: mouhid
| | |
| +-+ USB Input Device
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC312
| | | Location: Port_#0005.Hub_#0004
| | | Matching Device ID: generic_hid_device
| | | Service: HidUsb
| | |
| | +-+ HID Keyboard Device
| | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC312
| | | | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard
| | | | Service: kbdhid

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
|
+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 37.8 GB
Total Space: 122.0 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Crucial_CT128MX100SSD1 ATA Device

Drive: E:
Free Space: 1451.4 GB
Total Space: 1907.7 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Model: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: Intel(R) QuickPath Interconnect - D151
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D151&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\3&11583659&0&81
Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 3B4A
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B4A&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E4

Name: Intel(R) P55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B02
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B02&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&F8

Name: Intel(R) QuickPath Interconnect - D150
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D150&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\3&11583659&0&80

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 3B48
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B48&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E3

Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_A5\3&11583659&0&F0

Name: Intel(R) processor PCI Express Root Port 1 - D138
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D138&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&18

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3B42
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B42&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E0

Name: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2380&SUBSYS_83131043&REV_00\4&85C6B9B&0&00E3

Name: Intel(R) processor DMI - D131
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D131&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&00

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B3C&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D0

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_0415&SUBSYS_838F1043&REV_00\4&1D970CF4&0&00E6

Name: Intel(R) processor Miscellaneous Registers - D158
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D158&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_11\3&11583659&0&43

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B56&SUBSYS_836C1043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B34&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E8

Name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_83A31043&REV_03\4&61613AC&0&00E7

Name: Intel(R) processor System Control and Status Registers - D157
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D157&SUBSYS_00830043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&42

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 - 3B50
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B50&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E7

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller - 3B30
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B30&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11C0&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1\4&113C73B2&0&0018

Name: Intel(R) processor Semaphore and Scratchpad Registers - D156
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D156&SUBSYS_00830043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&41

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 7 - 3B4E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B4E&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E6

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B26&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FD

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E0B&SUBSYS_84221043&REV_A1\4&113C73B2&0&0118

Name: Intel(R) processor System Management Registers - D155
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_D155&SUBSYS_00830043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&40

Name: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 3B4C
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B4C&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&E5

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B20&SUBSYS_83831043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FA

------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

DirectShow Filters:
WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.17514
WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.18221
Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.17514
AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,12.00.9200.17037
AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VHMixerSource,0x00200000,0,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514
SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
VHAudioDSP,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
VHSplitProcSource,0x00200000,0,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
VHCropResize,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514
File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VHYV12Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
VHStreamDelay,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll,
Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
VHMultiWriter,0x00200000,1,0,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
VHAudioGain,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
VHFrameRateConv,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.18501
Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.18501
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
VHAudioDelay,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.18741
AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VHDeinterlace,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
VHYV12Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VHMultiReader,0x00200000,0,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471
Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000
StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.18741
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Video Compressors:
WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

Audio Compressors:
WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741

Audio Capture Sources:
Microphone (High Definition Aud,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
XSplitBroadcaster,0x00200000,0,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471

PBDA CP Filters:
PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528

Midi Renderers:
Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
,0x00000000,0,0,,
HD Audio Muxed capture,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
XSplit Wave,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
,0x00000000,0,0,,
HD Audio Headphone/Speakers,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
HD Audio SPDIF out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
XSplit Wave,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

BDA Network Providers:
Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514

Video Capture Sources:
XSplitBroadcaster,0x00200000,0,1,VHMediaCOM.dll,2.00.0000.0471

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA Transport Information Renderers:
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA CP/CA Filters:
Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Audio Renderers:
Speakers (High Definition Audio,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High De,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DirectSound: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DirectSound: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DirectSound: Speakers (Logitech Wireless Speaker Z515),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DirectSound: Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio Renderer),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
DirectSound: VM230XVT-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Speakers (Logitech Wireless Spe,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
Speakers (XSplit Stream Audio,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741
VM230XVT-4 (NVIDIA High Definit,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.18741

---------------
EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
Quality Flags: 2576
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow half deinterlace
Allow scaling
Decode Power Usage: 100
Balanced Flags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 50
PowerFlags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 0

Here you go

drone
05-27-2015, 02:33
msconfig 2560 - Good
msconfig 2048 - Good
ddraw.dll - blurred

I downloaded other version MTW VI with the russian inscriptions on the map.
With both msconfig method inscriptions is a russian and with ddraw.dll inscriptions is a english.

That's curious. The Russian version map (English names) is also blurred with ddraw.dll? In the "Medieval - Total War\Textures\campmap" directory, there should be two files, MapTex.tga and MapTex2.tga. They are image files for the campaign map (without the castles and models), open them up and see which one has English text. MapTex2 is a higher resolution map, I think the engine uses one or the other depending on the memory size.

In my game version, MapTex.tga is 2048x1536, and MapTex2.tga is 4096x3072.

TamaziP
05-27-2015, 06:12
That's curious. The Russian version map (English names) is also blurred with ddraw.dll? In the "Medieval - Total War\Textures\campmap" directory, there should be two files, MapTex.tga and MapTex2.tga. They are image files for the campaign map (without the castles and models), open them up and see which one has English text. MapTex2 is a higher resolution map, I think the engine uses one or the other depending on the memory size.

In my game version, MapTex.tga is 2048x1536, and MapTex2.tga is 4096x3072.

With ddraw.dll is only english and blurred.

MapTex.tga is 2048x1536, english and blurred.
MapTex2.tga is 4096x3072, russian and good.

I open ddraw.dll with notepad and try edit to change MapTex.tga on MapTex2.tga, but i don't find MapTex.tga :no:

drone
05-27-2015, 13:57
The ddraw.dll doesn't select one or the other, it just overrides a Direct Draw call for a memory query, returning 2GB. I'm surprised the msconfig fix stays with the larger map when set to 2048, but it's not really important. If MapTex.tga is blurred looking when viewing in an image viewer program, then the image itself is just bad. Save it off, copy MapTex2.tga to MapTex.tga, and scale MapTex.tga by 50% to get it to 2048x1536, and see what happens. Should work, and you will have the Russian text.

TamaziP
05-27-2015, 17:19
The ddraw.dll doesn't select one or the other, it just overrides a Direct Draw call for a memory query, returning 2GB. I'm surprised the msconfig fix stays with the larger map when set to 2048, but it's not really important. If MapTex.tga is blurred looking when viewing in an image viewer program, then the image itself is just bad. Save it off, copy MapTex2.tga to MapTex.tga, and scale MapTex.tga by 50% to get it to 2048x1536, and see what happens. Should work, and you will have the Russian text.

I made as you told, the map became russian, but blured. I think, it is necessary to force the program to use MapTex2.tga.
MapTex.tga have too low resolution.
I try copy MapTex2.tga to MapTex.tga without change resolution, but MTW say "unknown error" and not opened.

drone
05-28-2015, 05:45
Those files have to match the LukMap files in that directory, so you can't just use the higher resolution "2" file as is. In your image viewer the MapTex.tga file looks blurred, or only within the campaign map engine?

TamaziP
05-28-2015, 07:11
Those files have to match the LukMap files in that directory, so you can't just use the higher resolution "2" file as is. In your image viewer the MapTex.tga file looks blurred, or only within the campaign map engine?

Blurred only in game engine, in photoshop not blured, but have very bad resolution.

Download and open in "Windows Photo Viewer" and zoom in, google chrome blurred pic too.

drone
05-29-2015, 04:05
Here is a video of what is exactly happening to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCAmLCbmJQ&feature=youtu.be

With Win 7 64-bit, if you are going to try compatibility mode, use Win XP or 2000. I don't see anything too unusual with your specs, what resolution are you trying to run the game with (both battle map and campaign map)? Are you seeing the main menu normally?

drone
05-29-2015, 04:09
Blurred only in game engine, in photoshop not blured, but have very bad resolution.

Download and open in "Windows Photo Viewer" and zoom in, google chrome blurred pic too.
Is there any noticeable improvement in-game when you zoom in or out on the campaign map? Do you still have the blurring when running with other campaign map resolutions?

TamaziP
05-29-2015, 07:15
Is there any noticeable improvement in-game when you zoom in or out on the campaign map? Do you still have the blurring when running with other campaign map resolutions?

1024x768 and 1152x864 map is blured. I think MapTex.tga is a bad map, game engine must use MapTex2.tga.

Main menu is normally, only map is blured.

Arsaces
05-29-2015, 09:05
With Win 7 64-bit, if you are going to try compatibility mode, use Win XP or 2000. I don't see anything too unusual with your specs, what resolution are you trying to run the game with (both battle map and campaign map)? Are you seeing the main menu normally?

I tried both XP and 2000.

I am trying to run the game in resolution 3840 by 2160. The in game resolution is 800 by 640 for campaign, and 640 by 480 for battle.

Axalon
05-30-2015, 12:35
hello. I need help in medival 2 total war kingdom mods: I need help how to insert images in files sprites. I have a files this sprites:
mediafire.com/download/b63p6hisy7l46d6/unit_sprites.rar
I want change all files sprites in that

Wrong section... (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?131-Medieval-2-Total-War)

- A

drone
05-30-2015, 14:00
I tried both XP and 2000.

I am trying to run the game in resolution 3840 by 2160. The in game resolution is 800 by 640 for campaign, and 640 by 480 for battle.

Have you tried a higher resolution for the campaign and battle? It might be that the game is unable to render down to those low resolutions when your desktop rez is so large. Try at least 1280x1024, but you should be able to go higher.

Arsaces
05-30-2015, 15:55
Tried changing both the desktop resolution and game resolution to 1280X1024, did not fix it.

drone
05-30-2015, 16:51
this forums not have a who. I need here help and I thin that this forums is very secluded :no: why not havw who answer me :no:

This subforum is for the first Medieval Total War. Questions for modding Medieval II/Kingdoms should probably go into the Modding Questions Med II subfora (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?176-Modding-Questions) or maybe the Modding Tutorial and Tools subfora. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?175-Modding-Tutorials-Tools)

drone
05-30-2015, 17:01
Tried changing both the desktop resolution and game resolution to 1280X1024, did not fix it.

Leave your desktop rez to what you had (that must have been ugly!). How high of a resolution does the game menu allow? I would try both the campaign and battle map at the highest.

If that doesn't work, set both the campaign and battle map resolutions to 800x600, and try to run in Windowed mode. To run in Windowed mode, you will need to change your game shortcut properties to something like this:

"D:\games\Total War\Medieval - Total War\Medieval_TW.exe" -strictserver D
Basically, you want to add the "D" to the end. If this works, be aware that the game is also running in the -ian mode, which allows you to change factions and do a lot of other debugging functionality.

drone
05-30-2015, 19:42
why not have who help me about modding medival 2 total war kingdoms. I see that at forums medival 2 total war kingdom is not have a who if have some people at that is I can ask they but I not see who at forums medival 2 total war kingdoms

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about Med II. The Med II forums aren't very active, but there is a moderator who checks in on new posts and might be able to answer your questions.

princeps.civitatis
03-25-2024, 21:27
This didn't work for me, I need DxWnd.exe to run both STW-WE and MTW on windows 10 but it seems the dll file that I inserted into directory was not compatible with the software I use. Is there any way I can do about this?