PDA

View Full Version : Help with few tricks (Road armys / Baccus vs Jupiter)

Decaywolf
12-12-2012, 19:11
Hey guys!

I've posted this on anouther forum but didn't get a answer yet, so gonna copy paste :P

I've read some posts which people said when a army of anything stands on your road you gonna lose trading income from it, but that's on patch 1.1 ver... We are on 1.5 right?

So this still remains? I've 3 rebels alive 1 on road and 2 on bridges and near roads, I din't saw any difference but... I love maney!!!

What's the difference between shires of Baccus vs Jupiter?
Both give same public order
(Baccus 10% happiness, Jupiner 5% law 5% hapness) on pantheon stage same thing so...
Jupiter allows you to hire arcanis which is really strong but with a worthless upkeep cost which I always pass... Better a legion of legionarys than arcanis always...

So they are all the same thing? I've read some posts which tell Baccus + places which produce wine gives a huge boost income... But I dindn't have test it myself (I'm playing on VH/VH with only jupiter temples, I'm a man of only 1 god :P)

Even if I don't have a wine production city, the near citys could just import it, they always do! So double income boost anyway... If this is true of course, can somebody confirm this theory?

By the way, what is the bonus of adept of Baccus?

Ceres gives 1 Manegeament + 1 farming outpost
Jupiter gives 1 Command + 1 mamegeament + 1 fluence
Baccus?...

I have new informations, law reduces corrpution so this should be better on citys far away from capital, but does bacchus increase economy or not? I'm losing 55.000 from corruption every turn, and making 230.000 so it's something like 23 - 25% of my total economy loss... This could sustain something like 20 legions of legionarys... sadly =/

Myth
12-15-2012, 10:20
Decaywolf late in the game you will have more denarii than to know what to do with, don't focus so much on accounting. Jupiter is heaps and bounds better than Bacchus. In fact, Bacchus is the worst possible temple in the game. Jupiter gives a maximum PO bonus, the law especially is good for those cities that are hard to keep. He also provides excellent traits for your resident governors. On the flip side, Bacchus turns your governors into drunken adulterers (read: he gives a ton of bad traits that you do not want).

ReluctantSamurai
12-19-2012, 02:06
Bacchus is the worst possible temple in the game.

Spot on with that statement. Every single trait conferred on a family member by Bacchus is bad, and the more the traits get developed, the worse they get. There is absolutely no reason to build it....none. And why bother when you have, arguably, the best "law & order" temple in the game (next to the Macedonian Zeus, perhaps) in Jupiter.

Ceres is good for those slow-growing areas that have poor farming. I often use these kinds of temples that various factions have to grow a city to the size I want, and then tear them down in favor of something else. Once cities get to the "huge" size, having a temple that drives population growth even higher can mean big headaches for loyalty control.

Take Myth's advice....Jupiter, Jupiter, and more Jupiter.