PDA

View Full Version : Hotseat Campaign (Retrofit Mod) Come and join!

Crumpet
03-03-2013, 00:19
Hotseat campaign in the retrofit mod for medieval 2 total war.

Things to do to take part:-

-Download Retrofit mod, follow the installation instructions, it's easy and worth it! Just google retrofit mod.. easy http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1581
-It is important to change descr_strat within the medieval 2 files to ensure all factions can be played from the beginning, all except the papal states, rebels, mongols and timurids. You can google it to find out how it's done, it's super easy.

To get started players will each choose a faction in this thread, first come first served, and I shall begin a hotseat campaign to include those factions. I shall set the campaign to only allow autoresolve battles and the cheat module will be disabled. The difficulty will be set to very hard, but don't worry, we'll beat the AI.

Throughout the campaign after you have finished your turn, press end turn, and save the file. Then post the file on this thread stating who's turn it is next.

RULES:-
There aren't any....

Anything goes so have fun!

citrusexcrement
03-03-2013, 00:22
Aye! Sounds good, no rules sounds exciting.

I'll take Scotland then

citrusexcrement
03-03-2013, 00:23
I'll rip off yer head n split doown yer neck!

Mana Æ Varyl
03-06-2013, 16:27
Sounds fun, I'll take Egypt!

fizikalac95
03-07-2013, 20:57
Hi, whether the battle between human and AI also autoresolve or only between two players ?

Mana Æ Varyl
03-08-2013, 01:33
Hi, whether the battle between human and AI also autoresolve or only between two players ?

When Forced Auto-Resolved is checked, all battles are autoresolved, wether between Players and AI, or Player and Player.

Crumpet
03-13-2013, 19:54
Cool guys, I'll take moors... Yeah auto battle will be forced so you cannot do the fights yourself.

Myth
03-15-2013, 09:31
Hi guys, this sounds like fun. I'd advise you to host it in the Throne Room (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?38-Throne-Room), where it will get more players from our regulars.

Figure out a name and I'd make a title image for you. No rules? Not even banning merchant fort and stuff?

LooseCannon1
03-17-2013, 16:44
Looks like its been slow gaining new players so I'll join in as Venice.

Like Myth said, there are some rules you should consider. The first is banning the use of cheats & exploits like the merchant fort and the movement bug.

A second important rule is the defeated army rule & turn of respect. This rule was created for hotseats because the earlier player (in turn order) can wipe out later players without them having a chance. The rule has been refined to the following--

3. The defeated army rule and turn of respect. Penalty-Replay turn.
Part A: All defeated armies or fleets are not allowed to move on the turn after they have been defeated, nor can they be attacked on the turn after they have been defeated, except in cases where Part B applies.
Part B: Exceptions to Part A:
1. If you attack an enemy army, and your army is defeated, your army is allowed to be attacked that turn.
2. If an enemy reinforces his defeated army in the field on his turn, that army is allowed to be attacked.
3. If an enemy army retreats into a Fort, City, or Castle and is besieged on the same turn that that it is defeated, it may be attacked on the following turn. If the army is not besieged on the same turn that it is defeated, it may still be besieged on the following turn, but may not be attacked until the third turn.
4. A defeated army retreats next to an undefeated target, or if an undefeated army is moved up next to a defeated army, the defeated army may be attacked again.
5. The defeated army retreats in such a way that it completely impedes the progress of enemy forces (such as stopping in the center of a mountain pass.) This exception does not apply in the cases of forts, cities, or castles.

LegendofTotalWar
03-24-2013, 01:37
I'll join as the Turks

Oswiu
05-08-2013, 22:31
Hey guys, is this still on ? Are you still looking for players ?